Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Impressions of dungeons so far

TreazerTreazer Member Posts: 164 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Dungeons are in the beta!

What are your first impressions?

Dungeons BETA
Signature goes here.

Comments

• RachelRachel Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2013
    They add nothing but some free cookies. Trying to play manually is pointless, since it continues autopathing while you're trying to do stuff. The window is also way too small to see much of anything easily. It also doesn't seem to scale the cookies gained very high. I just got 300k cookies for a boss. Yay?

Looks like kittens were nerfed to hell too, my cps was cut more than in half (463b->213b cps).

All in all, 0/10.
    Also, sometimes it gets stuck and walks back and forth for a while..
  • CookieSpyCookieSpy Member Posts: 3
    Same as what Racehel said and I don't like the fact that my cps was practically cut in half in this BETA. >:(

• SuffragiumSuffragium Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    Nerfed heavenly chips. Do not want. I DO like the fact that he added flavor text on every upgrade though.
  • avothesqueeavothesquee Member Posts: 12
    When I read "expect to see prices and cookies/second vary wildly from one update to another" I wasn't expecting this, hahaha

When I read "expect to see prices and cookies/second vary wildly from one update to another" I wasn't expecting this, hahaha

I read it, I understood it, doesn't mean I have to like it ;p

So is anybody else getting like text overlapping each other and on the girl scout icon?
  • TreazerTreazer Member Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I agree with all of you, unfortunately.
    And yeah, I'm having the same overlapping thing, CookieSpy.
    Signature goes here.
  • LegendenLegenden Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Where is the dungeons? I imported my save to the beta but cant see the dungeons anywhere..
    I am the master of something!
    Fear me, or I will fear you!
  • AstariAstari Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2013
    I reloaded and now i play on version 1.03601 but nothing changed? No Dungeons No CPS loos.

???

E:

Oh there is a : Try the Beta Link
  • binaryhermitbinaryhermit Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    Yeah... the dungeon window is way too small. To the point where I immediately went back to the regular version because I didn't see the point of the beta.
    Could someone please give me a good Beta Savecode?
    Here's my regular save file, should be good enough:

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%3D%21END%21
    My girlscout just exited a room into a black background with objects and first room still visible
    edited September 2013
    Rachel said:

Thx but i need a Beta Savecode.
    =)
    I can't access your Beta Save without your Beta Code on my Computer.
    edited September 2013
    Legenden said:

Where is the dungeons? I imported my save to the beta but cant see the dungeons anywhere..

You know the area that shows you how many grandmas, farms and other things you have? Well in the factory area should a building that looks different from the others, it appears when you have 50 factories BTW.
    Astari said:

Rachel said:

=)
    You can import any save file to the beta.
    Rachel said:

Astari said:

Rachel said:

=)
    You can import any save file to the beta.
    Oh.....UPSI
    THX x)

• jnagyjrjnagyjr Member Posts: 154 ✭✭
    way too small of a window, no ability to return to previous levels, adds nothing more than something to do while waiting for golden cookies, lost nearly 2 billion cps, and if never click is going in as a regular achievement, so should true neverclick. All in all I'm not sure I really care for it. Needs m0ar work.
    Proverbs 12:1
  • InvghostInvghost Member Posts: 45
    Tried beta, didn't like, so I went back to the previous version til i'm forced to have it XD.

• cookiemonstercookiemonster Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    I don't see why the dungeons can't just get their own window, like save/stats/updates. But that's just me... Also, the rewards were doo-doo.
    Also new shadow achievement, "Chirped Out" - "Find and defeat Chirpy, the dysfunctionning alarm bot." I don't really remember killing a Chirpy, but whatever...
    I don't like the autowalking. If i say the girls where the should walk next, the shouldn't almost instantly go back, just because the felt like it.

It seems Ortel really hates shadow achievements ^^
    There are not many left.

I didn't play long enough to get the chirped out SA. I also didn't get any autowalking? Maybe it's my browser?
    jnagyjr said:

I didn't play long enough to get the chirped out SA. I also didn't get any autowalking? Maybe it's my browser?

I use FF
    I think, like the whole game, the dungeons are more an AFK thing, which would explain the auto pathing, the small screen size and everything. If that is the idea, then I have no problems, although I would like the option to manually control it in a bigger screen, and if I were to, the rewards would be bigger. That's just me though.
    I actually had a lot of difficulty getting the keyboard to work with the dungeons. I have to click the fight log, then press tab to get the arrow keys to actually move that little retard.
    Astari said:

jnagyjr said:

I use FF
    Chromium on FreeBSD.
    Invghost said:

I think, like the whole game, the dungeons are more an AFK thing, which would explain the auto pathing, the small screen size and everything. If that is the idea, then I have no problems, although I would like the option to manually control it in a bigger screen, and if I were to, the rewards would be bigger. That's just me though.

Yeah, the rewards could be better, too. I hardly noticed the increase to my bank with the cookies from the dungeon. At best an early game boost, but if you need 50 factories....
  • amalathamalath Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    I like it. Gives me something to do during golden cookie hunting. Window could be bigger, but isn't too small for me either way and the rewards seemed quite good, considering they're part of factories.
    Post edited by amalath on
    So I heard you like clicking.
    imageimageimage
    what is version 1.03601 anyways? just found it out by refreshing haha
    edited September 2013
    I get the feeling factories may only be the beginning, in time I'd imagine there will be more dungeons for different places.

To be fair, this is only a beta, I'm sure Orteil knows what he's doing. And it's his game anyway, so whatever he wants to do with it is up to him. Its a free fun time sink, so shine on you crazy master of time wasting things.