Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

"Make X cookies just from Y" 10x harder?

21102110 Posts: 93Member ✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Hi,
I just noticed every achievement of this kind has been 'put' 10x farer away. Unfortunately for me, I am currently in a run where I was supposed to reach these achievements for AL, TM, AC and prisms.
Since the achievements we already have don't disappear, don't you think this is pretty unfair for new players?
I don't want to hack in my missing achievements, but I'm fairly frustrated to miss +16% milk soon.

So what about splitting each one of these achievements into 2? The regular one AND the 10x harder one? So that the most patient players still get rewarded as they deserve, and the new players still can reach the old reasonnably easy achievements.

(Should I post it in the 'suggestion' topic?)

- 2110 -
Does the universe have a temporal end? Either yes or no, the answer is absolutely frightening...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I already has them (:
    But I also think that it's unfair for people with low CpS to make those achievements harder to get...
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • AnterakAnterak Posts: 193Member ✭✭
    And frenzy/elder frenzy didn't affect them.
    Consider yourselves lucky they aren't back to what they were. :p
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Gouchnox said:

I already has them (:
    But I also think that it's unfair for people with low CpS to make those achievements harder to get...

We have Dr. T as a non-shadow achievement. And you're saying this is unfair? Hah.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • 21102110 Posts: 93Member ✭✭
    I'm not saying they are too hard to get, I'm saying all players are not in the same boat. That's why I thought having 2 different achievements would satisfy everyone.
    Does the universe have a temporal end? Either yes or no, the answer is absolutely frightening...
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Gouchnox said:

I already has them (:

We have Dr. T as a non-shadow achievement. And you're saying this is unfair? Hah.
    I'm saying it's unfair to change them when people are trying hard to get the previous version. Dr.T is another level of unfairness.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • HartogHartog Posts: 123Member ✭✭
    Put this one back ten and create a new tier which is 1000 times the old one.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    Hartog said:

Put this one back ten and create a new tier which is 100 times the old one.

Fixed.
  • CookiesRAmazingCookiesRAmazing Posts: 142Member
    I liked the old achievements better.
    when they were not affected by multipliers.
    getting them required a different 'strategy' than regular gameplay, so when I wanted the farms achievement, I bought farms even when it wasn't efficient, it was a change of style for that reset, and I liked it better than 'just get lots of HC and it'll work out on it's own'.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod

I liked the old achievements better.
    when they were not affected by multipliers.
    getting them required a different 'strategy' than regular gameplay, so when I wanted the farms achievement, I bought farms even when it wasn't efficient, it was a change of style for that reset, and I liked it better than 'just get lots of HC and it'll work out on it's own'.

Yeah. The strategy was called "wait four months without resetting" for most of them.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • NogaiNogai Posts: 96Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    C'mon, they aren't even that hard to get. I've reached each of them but Prism's in a lightly played 4-day-session with 382k HCs. So even with lower HCs they aren't impossible to get. Just be patient.
    I have currently 50k HC and a 120h-session, and I am close to the old ones achievements for buildings>=AL.
    So it's still a long way to the new ones. :(
  • NogaiNogai Posts: 96Member ✭✭
    Well, I think those achievements are not made to be done in one day. To be honest, the achievements seemed really easy before, in my opinion they are just fine now.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    Why is it so bad to have achievements that actually require some time played? I mean, with what you have, of course you're going to struggle, don't worry about it and play some more, you'll end up getting them very easily with more HCs.
    edited May 2014

Why is it so bad to have achievements that actually require some time played? I mean, with what you have, of course you're going to struggle, don't worry about it and play some more, you'll end up getting them very easily with more HCs.

Well, it's basically like : Look, a candy, you can have it tomorrow!. And the next day : No, you can't have it now, wait for 1 month. What? you are frustrated?
  • CookiesRAmazingCookiesRAmazing Posts: 142Member
    It felt like: "you can have this candy now, the other one in 4 days, then wait one week and then another month"
    I don't remember much, but most of the achievements could be reached with a 10-20 days game, except for the Alchemy lab one.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    2110 said:

Well, it's basically like : Look, a candy, you can have it tomorrow!. And the next day : No, you can't have it now, wait for 1 month. What? you are frustrated?
    Did you know there were things in the game you can't even get without HCs? How did you feel about that? I mean, you're talking about new players getting the baked X with Y achievements, which is never going to happen. So, some things are locked until you play more, I don't get why it's such a big deal. The new achievements are much easier to get than the old ones.
  • ImStylinOnYaBroImStylinOnYaBro Posts: 398Member ✭✭
    i actually didn't even realize these changed :o i thought he'd actually add more of these than change them...kind of glad they didn't go up too much cuz the prisms always reset for me after about 2.7 sex
  • svdm83svdm83 Posts: 43Member
    Just don't have wrinklers, the amounts they eat don't add up to the X amount needed.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    svdm83 said:

Just don't have wrinklers, the amounts they eat don't add up to the X amount needed.

The withering doesn't affect the cookies baked of the buildings.
  • HartogHartog Posts: 123Member ✭✭

Hartog said:

Fixed.

No, I meant a thousand. Nothing to fix here.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    Hartog said:

Hartog said:

Fixed.

No, I meant a thousand. Nothing to fix here.
    Yeah, but a thousand is way too insane! ;)