Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Do you still buy those (seasonal) cookie upgrades?

SuperTSuperT Posts: 320Member ✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
I was wondering if anyone is still buying those +5% up to +30% cps increasing (seasonal) cookie upgrades.

They don't really give much increase compared to all other upgrades, but they just clog up all those upgrade spaces.

So do you still buy all of them, some of them or none?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SuperTSuperT Posts: 320Member ✭✭
    For me, nowadays I don't buy the cheapest ones any more. I just leave them there to make sure I can't accidentally click on Community Brainsweep (because that Brainsweep is now hidden under the row of the cheapest cookies.)

But I guess, now that we have better cps elsewhere, I might not buying them in future resets.
  • MagicanaMagicana Posts: 15Member
    No point to not buying them. I don't hunt them anymore though, so I tend to struggle a bit with the Halloween ones.
  • AlderiAlderi Posts: 1,205Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    Magicana said:

No point to not buying them. I don't hunt them anymore though, so I tend to struggle a bit with the Halloween ones.

Same. I don't hunt the Halloween and Valentine's ones. But I buy all the others if available.
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • MagicanaMagicana Posts: 15Member
    Alderi said:

Magicana said:

Same. I don't hunt the Halloween and Valentine's ones. But I buy all the others if available.
    I do buy the Valentines ones because it's about 20-30 seconds out of Christmas and I figure it wont make that much of a difference either way. The upgrade in CPS isn't amazing, but I'd rather have it than not.
  • SuperTSuperT Posts: 320Member ✭✭
    Magicana said:

Alderi said:

Magicana said:

I do buy the Valentines ones because it's about 20-30 seconds out of Christmas and I figure it wont make that much of a difference either way. The upgrade in CPS isn't amazing, but I'd rather have it than not.
    I only hunt for them when Xmas season ends for the first time and I have wrinklers left. They are too much work.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    I chose 'All of them.' but actually I only buy those available in the upgrades screen, I misunderstood the post...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    I buy all of them, and I want to murder whoever thought to put the Halloween ones with a random chance of happening. It usually takes me about 80 wrinklers before I get all of them.
  • AnterakAnterak Posts: 193Member ✭✭
    Most of them but Halloween ones, because I can't be bothered to waste more time to burst my wrinklers.
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,375Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy all except Halloween ones and the marcoons
  • autoclickautoclick Posts: 220Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Only christmas, no reason to buy the others since they don't give anything special for me. And also those only for the discounts the full upgraded santa gives. With autoclicker I don't hunt raindeers.
    sgull coocie's
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually hunt for Halloween cookies right after resetting, when it doesn't hurt as much. While building up until a certain (actually a more random) point, then switching to valentines, then christmas. That doesn't take too much time and cookies, since i'm not playing very active. But i dont go for all halloween cookies, mostly i get 3 to 4.
  • NogaiNogai Posts: 96Member ✭✭
    I only switch to valentine for ~20 sec to get the upgrades and I go to Halloween when popping all of my wrinklers. But no real hunting anymore.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 38Member
    I just don't like not having something I could have. Even if I know this means less HCs after given time, I still do it to enjoy having all available upgrades.
    Autoclicker. Sometimes.
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you hunt Halloween cookies you're actually hurting yourself and this becomes worse the more HC you have.

*OCD side of me hunts Halloween Cookies to have every upgrade minus research-related things*

Well, FUCK.
  • AbababaAbababa Posts: 114Member ✭✭
    All of them. They are cheap. (or not very expensive at a point.)
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭

If you hunt Halloween cookies you're actually hurting yourself and this becomes worse the more HC you have.

How does it hurt to switch to Halloween right before you want to pop your wrinklers and switch back to christmas right after that? seasonal switches cost nothing now.
  • AnterakAnterak Posts: 193Member ✭✭
    essiw said:

How does it hurt to switch to Halloween right before you want to pop your wrinklers and switch back to christmas right after that? seasonal switches cost nothing now.
    I wouldn't call "switch-to-pop" hunting, actually. @MasterSparky is talking about switching to Halloween, and pop wrinklers until you get all related cookies. (I guess)
  • sfnhltbsfnhltb Posts: 69Member ✭✭
    Magicana said:

When I am about to burst wrinklers anyway, if I remember, I wait for the latest cookie/reindeer pair, switch to halloween, burst them all, switch back. But if I keep forgetting it is hardly a big deal.

Everything else I just buy as soon as it appears (with a bit of a delay on the macaroons as they slow down getting to KM), to keep the upgrade store as clear as possible so it is easy to spot/buy new stuff as you get to it.
  • sfnhltbsfnhltb Posts: 69Member ✭✭
    DasBloody said:

I actually hunt for Halloween cookies right after resetting, when it doesn't hurt as much. While building up until a certain (actually a more random) point, then switching to valentines, then christmas. That doesn't take too much time and cookies, since i'm not playing very active. But i dont go for all halloween cookies, mostly i get 3 to 4.

Reindeer are particularly beneficial in speeding up a reset, as they aren't based on your bank size, so I would recommend against this strategy generally (I used to do it myself).

• rebmcrrebmcr Posts: 278Member ✭✭

If one's goal is to attain maximum cookies at all cost, then yes.

If one's goal is to attain maximum completion for as great a percentage of playing time as possible, then no.
  • PerfectionPerfection Posts: 2,745Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    All cookies are eventually worth paying for, even macaroons. If I come back from idling and Christmas has ended, I switch to Halloween before popping wrinklers and returning to Christmas to get a few of the cookies. I switch to valentines first time christmas expires.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
  • HartogHartog Posts: 123Member ✭✭
    Sure, I buy them all and switch to Halloween before popping wrinklers.
  • GriphyGriphy Posts: 111Member ✭✭
    I buy all of the non-seasonal cookies as soon as I can. I only buy the Valentine's cookies when I've switched to Valentine's to resync reindeer, and I generally just ignore the Halloween cookies.
    On my computer, I use a GC autoclicker, and a big cookie autoclicker running at 10 clicks/second (only during click and elder frenzies).
    My tablet is completely legit.
    If I post my stats or something like that, I'm talking about my tablet, unless otherwise stated.
  • KangaKanga Posts: 112Member ✭✭
    All of them. It's a minor OCD thing for me.
  • CookieForceCookieForce Posts: 78Member
    Well, reaching 32k HC discouraged me on getting the halloween and valentines ones.
  • NosurrenderNosurrender Posts: 225Member
    I buy any available but don't hunt halloween. Valentine is easy enough because it doesn't require me to stay away from christmass for a long time and is pretty cheap since the seasonal price increase was slowed from x10 to x2.
  • CookiesRAmazingCookiesRAmazing Posts: 142Member
    I'm going to pop my wrinklers anyway, so why not try to get a bit of cookies out of it?

and valentines seems like a no brain-er, once I have enough cookies to get them without hurting the bank, I go for it. it's just 30 seconds.