Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Easter Update

Comments

• ViktorVaughnViktorVaughn Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    Just because he's said he's drawing eggs, which are almost certainly a +25% upgrade thing, doesn't mean that's all he's doing. We already know that there'll probably be a new prestige system, and the possibility (not guarantee) of new mid-game buildings. Who knows what else there will be?
  • biohazard15biohazard15 Posts: 64Member

Just because he's said he's drawing eggs, which are almost certainly a +25% upgrade thing, doesn't mean that's all he's doing. We already know that there'll probably be a new prestige system, and the possibility (not guarantee) of new mid-game buildings. Who knows what else there will be?

Looks like that new prestige system and Easter meant to be a separate updates. Considering that Easter is heavily WIP, I don't think that we'll get new prestige anytime soon.
  • ViktorVaughnViktorVaughn Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    Regardless, all we can do it wait and find out. :/
  • aknockoffproductionaknockoffproduction Posts: 60Member
    No! I refuse to wait anymore. I am playing the update NOW!
  • weezyweezy Posts: 101Member

He appears to be getting propositioned quite a lot over there.

Apparently delaying updates leads to groupies? I always knew Valve and Blizzard knew what they were doing, but it's possible that this runs deeper than any of us know.

Delays are actually a great way to help. Just look a few weeks back at the increased excitement and anticipation...sadly confidence is getting lower and lost its frenzy, but you always have new people who can come in if confidence is lost to the older player.

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    Well in the meantime I got Bicentennial, so I'm ready for the new buildings.
  • SuperTSuperT Posts: 320Member ✭✭
    The problem with +25 Cps Eggs is that I don't actually buy them and they just clog up the upgrades screen.

Does anyone buy these things anymore? (I should make a new thread about this.)
  • AlderiAlderi Posts: 1,205Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I still buy them because buying them is profitable.
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • autoclickautoclick Posts: 220Member ✭✭
    I'm so lame with cookiemaster that I've checked the auto-buy, so it buys those if the correct season is selected, wouldn't buy them otherwise because they doesn't help at all.

There must be something else than only some stupid 20-30% upgrades which won't help very much even for you legit players. Wonder what those new buildings would be like. I'd like more if there would be something between AC and Prism, and not some crappy crap :/
    sgull coocie's
    They're supposed to be before Portals, though. Guess we'll see.
  • BigcubefanBigcubefan Posts: 539Member ✭✭
    I still hope he'll add something after prisms. :D
    You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death. ~Sauron
  • HartogHartog Posts: 123Member ✭✭
    Maybe Orteil is reading this topic and tries to add everything suggested / expected. That would explain why it's not here yet.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭

If new buildings are added after prisms, that means the Bicentennial achievement should be reset. You could earn it after getting 200 of that last building.
    And also I think it should be reset if any new building appears.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 120Member ✭✭

That would break the already broken balance.

By double breaking then it will be fixed, that's the magic of brokeness.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    I have to wonder, what will happen first — update, or this thread reaching 2000 posts?..
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • CookiefanclubCookiefanclub Posts: 601Member, Friendly ✭✭✭

If new buildings are added after prisms, that means the Bicentennial achievement should be reset. You could earn it after getting 200 of that last building.
    It'll only need to be reset if there's a building stronger than Prisms. If you're able to afford 200 Prisms, you can easily afford 200 of any building below it.

It'll only need to be reset if there's a building stronger than Prisms. If you're able to afford 200 Prisms, you can easily afford 200 of any building below it.
    Not really. Building below would mean higher price. Higher price would mean that even those who reached bicent would have to struggle all over again.
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Posts: 12,680Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Not really. Building below would mean higher price. Higher price would mean that even those who reached bicent would have to struggle all over again.
    i think he means lower tier buildings.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?

Shylight said:

And I'm pretty sure the original post meant the buildings "after" as in "physically below" as in more expensive and powerful.
  • BigcubefanBigcubefan Posts: 539Member ✭✭

That would break the already broken balance.

We would still have the same amount of useful buildings, so how would it break the balance even further?
    You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death. ~Sauron
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Shylight said:

And I'm pretty sure the original post meant the buildings "after" as in "physically below" as in more expensive and powerful.
    Yup. If something is added that is more expensive than prisms, then it will be much more difficult to achieve Bicentennial.
    If something is added between mines and shipments, it will just be slower to regain it.
  • AnterakAnterak Posts: 193Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Incoming @MasterSparky in 3, 2, 1...

Fact : It's easier to get Bicentennial with Prisms than without.
    Shylight said:

Shylight said:

And it also said Bicentennial should be reset for adding any other building, implying even those which would be before Prisms, hence what Cookiefanclub said.
  • CookiefanclubCookiefanclub Posts: 601Member, Friendly ✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Shylight said:

No, TFU_Satron is right. I meant the cheaper buildings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • NosurrenderNosurrender Posts: 225Member
    Hartog said:

Maybe Orteil is reading this topic and tries to add everything suggested / expected. That would explain why it's not here yet.

I suggest/expect the easter update to come out now
  • StintheBeastStintheBeast Posts: 1,868Member, Cool ✭✭✭
    It'll be here by this weekend for sure. You can hold me to that. If I'm wrong, fuck me in the ass. God damn.
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies

It'll be here by this weekend for sure. You can hold me to that. If I'm wrong, fuck me in the ass. God damn.

Now that's a tempting proposition ;)
  • StintheBeastStintheBeast Posts: 1,868Member, Cool ✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Now that's a tempting proposition ;)
    hehe :P
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies