Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

A thought experiment

Comments

• NogaiNogai Posts: 96Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Anterak said:

What about "Toy Workshop" ?
    All upgrades getting cheaper and cheaper, and it's even working on itself !

Soon or later you won't have any upgrades to buy, so it gets useless. The same with buildings would be better, but that's only 1%... and that's not rly worthy.

I would say reindeer baking grounds which doubles the spawn frequency of reindeer. For just 30 quint you could get a reindeer to spawn every 0.003 seconds... That is OP to a new level

There is a debug upgrade that does the same... but srsly, it gets annoying. The Reindeer-give-twice-as-much-upgrade is cooler imho^^
  • Zaspar99923Zaspar99923 Posts: 106Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Nogai said:

Anterak said:

What about "Toy Workshop" ?
    All upgrades getting cheaper and cheaper, and it's even working on itself !

Soon or later you won't have any upgrades to buy, so it gets useless. The same with buildings would be better, but that's only 1%... and that's not rly worthy.

I would say reindeer baking grounds which doubles the spawn frequency of reindeer. For just 30 quint you could get a reindeer to spawn every 0.003 seconds... That is OP to a new level

There is a debug upgrade that does the same... but srsly, it gets annoying. The Reindeer-give-twice-as-much-upgrade is cooler imho^^
    I just wanted to say something that someone else didn't already say :)
    I would probably go for lucky day so I would get elder frenzies that last 3 minutes :)
    Wank ducks, you urethra. Oh yeah, and your mother is a completely retarded gash and your cat smells like snot. - Insult Generator 2014
  • pino_ppino_p Posts: 484Member ✭✭
    Nogai said:

Abababa said:

The second one of HC. They would grow more and more powerful, so I'd harvest even more, and more and POWERFULER HEAVENLIER CHIPPER!!!

This is denied by it's definition. It unlocks 25% of your HC's power... In my opinion it's pointless to buy this multiple times since it always just unlocks this particular part of your HCs. But I think this is arguable.
    What the upgrade actually does is unlock 20% on top of what's already unlocked (the 5% from Heavenly chip secret).

How it appears:

Heavenly chip secret
    Unlocks 5% of the potential of your heavenly chips.

Heavenly cookie stand
    Unlocks 25% of the potential of your heavenly chips.

Heavenly bakery
    Unlocks 50% of the potential of your heavenly chips.

(etc.)

How it actually works:
    if (Game.Has('Heavenly chip secret')) heavenlyMult+=0.05; if (Game.Has('Heavenly cookie stand')) heavenlyMult+=0.20; if (Game.Has('Heavenly bakery')) heavenlyMult+=0.25; if (Game.Has('Heavenly confectionery')) heavenlyMult+=0.25; if (Game.Has('Heavenly key')) heavenlyMult+=0.25;

So buying all Heavenly upgrades and an additional Heavenly cookie stand would result in a 120% multiplier: 2.4% CPM from each heavenly chip.
    Hate necroposts? It could be worse. It could be dupes.
  • QokoQoko Posts: 287Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I've been thinking, Persistent Memory would be comical. Buying it four times at a reasonable cost of 111T the next research is unlocked after 0.18 seconds: Grandma says "Hey we researched specialized chocolate chips....... *nine clicks later* FASTER APOCALYPSER *squirl*"
  • PerfectionPerfection Posts: 2,745Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    You're all neglecting the reality powerhouse, Bingo Center! While other upgrades would multiply your CPS by 2 for every upgrade, Bingo Center multiplies by 4 (after the first few clicks grandmas would dominate CPS). This is what's going to get youthr biggest CPS gain.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
  • AbababaAbababa Posts: 114Member ✭✭

Abababa said:

The second one of HC. They would grow more and more powerful, so I'd harvest even more, and more and POWERFULER HEAVENLIER CHIPPER!!!

Would be outpaced by Kitten Engineers' boost.
    But Heavenly Chip Stand is cheaper, so you could buy it MORE TIMERES, I think. So that means a wholelotillion of heavenly chips' power.

edited April 2014
    Both would be outpaced by bingo center. It's not about cheapness, it's about giving the biggest CPS multiplier per use.

But yeah kitten engineers is far better than heavenly chip stand.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    edited April 2014

Both would be outpaced by bingo center. It's not about cheapness, it's about giving the biggest CPS multiplier per use.

Really?.. Grandmas are not that powerful. I mean to outpace the pure multiplier of kittens?
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    edited April 2014
    Absolutely! After 3 upgrades they'd be much more powerful than prisms. Thereafter unlike kitten engineers which only doubles CPS, every upgrade quadruples CPS.
  • HarsisHarsis Posts: 41Member ✭✭
    Shylight said:

Really?.. Grandmas are not that powerful. I mean to outpace the pure multiplier of kittens?
    yes before it would costs just too much you would by for one sextillion many of them = 100,000,000 for the first time 1,000,000,000 --- 10,000,000,000 --- 100,000,000,000 --- 1,000,000,000,000 --- 10,000,000,000,000 --- 100,000,000,000,000 --- 1,000,000,000,000,000 --- 10,000,000,000,000,000 --- 100,000,000,000,000,000 --- 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 thats gradmas 40 times as efficient

No, building multipliers don't add, they multiply.
    10 upgrades is 4^10=1048576 times as efficient not 4*10=40
  • QokoQoko Posts: 287Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Would even be more OP if you could buy every research part again, including grandma boosts and getting 10 more wrinklers each time you buy One Mind... okay I'm going too far now haha.
  • HarsisHarsis Posts: 41Member ✭✭

No, building multipliers don't add, they multiply.
    10 upgrades is 4^10=1048576 times as efficient not 4*10=40

oh yes thanks i have forgotten that
  • Zaspar99923Zaspar99923 Posts: 106Member ✭✭
    Conclusion: Bingo Reasearch Center is the best
    Wank ducks, you urethra. Oh yeah, and your mother is a completely retarded gash and your cat smells like snot. - Insult Generator 2014
    The melting cookies are cool because they are inspired in a COOLER FILMER, so I wish have a lot of them.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Okay. Let's go over all of them!*
    *For things with the same effect, we pick the cheapest.
    RIF: Extremely worthless. (At 1 Sx cost (19 buys) you have 2 base CPS for cursors...)
    CPTC: Pretty worthless. (At 4 Sx cost (19 buys) you have 524288x main CPS from cursors; Of course that's only like 250k a cursor anyway)
    TF: Very worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (16 buys) you have +1.6 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    MF: Very worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (15 buys) you have +7.5 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    BF: Very worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (14 buys) you have +28 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    TF: Worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (13 buys) you have +130 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    QF: Kinda worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (12 buys) you have +240 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    QF: Not really worthless.. (At 5 Sx cost (9 buys) you have +900 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    SF: Not really worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (8 buys) you have +1600 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That can be a little helpful.)
    SF: Decent. (At 5 Sx cost (7 buys) you have +2800 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's can be a little helpful.)
    OF: Useful. (At 5 Sx cost (6 buys) you have +4800 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's actually pretty helpful...)
    FFG: Very worthless. (At 1 Sx cost (18 buys) you have +2.4 CPS per grandma :/)
    SPRP: Useful. (At 1 sx cost (17 buys) you have 131072x main CPS for grandmas.)

Will continue later.
    Also these are just in order of the wiki ^^
  • SoreasanSoreasan Posts: 46Member
    For cookies i'd have to say one of the golden cookie effects such as Serenity for Elder+Clicking Frenzies/Luckys/Cookie Chains since you could make massive piles of cookies off it enough to offset everything else.

Maybe one of the doubling spawn rate cookies would be fun as well since it'd make the game more involving, but then the frenzies would overlap and overwrite eachother, so you'd only be getting more luckys/ruins eventually.

Santa's Dominion might also be another nice one, the 50% cookie Cps boost is pretty worthless since it doesn't stack with heavenly chips, but the ability to reduce costs would help a tiny bit with the 400 Cursor achievement.
    @1234, please don't abbreviate upgrade names noone knows immediately that ffg is forwards from grandma.
    I wonder, what would happen if you could get heavenly chips to multiply and stack with your heavenly chips? Imagine with even just 10000 chips getting a 20,000%x20,000% boost from buying it twice. That'd blow any upgrade out of the water if it could do that.
  • StintheBeastStintheBeast Posts: 1,868Member, Cool ✭✭✭

RIF: Extremely worthless. (At 1 Sx cost (19 buys) you have 2 base CPS for cursors...)
    CPTC: Pretty worthless. (At 4 Sx cost (19 buys) you have 524288x main CPS from cursors; Of course that's only like 250k a cursor anyway)
    TF: Very worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (16 buys) you have +1.6 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    MF: Very worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (15 buys) you have +7.5 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    BF: Very worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (14 buys) you have +28 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    TF: Worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (13 buys) you have +130 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    QF: Kinda worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (12 buys) you have +240 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    QF: Not really worthless.. (At 5 Sx cost (9 buys) you have +900 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's not that helpful.)
    SF: Not really worthless. (At 5 Sx cost (8 buys) you have +1600 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That can be a little helpful.)
    SF: Decent. (At 5 Sx cost (7 buys) you have +2800 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's can be a little helpful.)
    OF: Useful. (At 5 Sx cost (6 buys) you have +4800 CPS per cursor per non-cursor building. That's actually pretty helpful...)

Will continue later.

da fuq is dis shit? I dont even know the names to begin with and now we usin breives? damn. That's real shit I guess, so real.
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies
    Thanks for quoting a bigass post to say basically the same thing I did 2 posts ago.
    edited April 2014

Thanks for quoting a bigass post to say basically the same thing I did 2 posts ago.

WLIBY? YGALTDT>
    (Translation: Why let it bother you? You got a lot to do tommarow >:D)
  • MikiMiki Posts: 38Member
    Come on, it's really easy to guess those upgrades. Name isn't important, effect is, and it is clearly described.
    Autoclicker. Sometimes.
    edited April 2014
    @Soreasan I'm too old to be bothered by silly internet baloney anymore.

@Miki, it's not that hard but it's kinda a pain to look it up.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 38Member
    What I meant is you don't really have to look it up. Description itself gives an idea which upgrade is in question, its tier and object its connected with. And remember it's worthless to bother with upgrades deemed not useful. Therefore, shortened names are ok, and after finding the best upgrade you look up just this one. But probably that one will be easy to guess.
    Autoclicker. Sometimes.
    Well its really easy to put the full name and it improves readability so he should do it. That's all really. I don't want to spend time deciphering when it could be made crystal clear.
  • pino_ppino_p Posts: 484Member ✭✭
    But there are some situations where it's not so easy to put the full name, such as a data flow diagram of CPS calculation that I'm working on to help explain what stacks with what. In this diagram, I use initials for most, but I abbreviate (say) "Ambidextrous" as "Ambi" and "Forwards from grandma" as "Fwds".

How CPC and cursor CPS are calculated
    Hate necroposts? It could be worse. It could be dupes.
  • luserluser Posts: 13Member
    I would be interested if somebody tried this idea with console?

A restated question is on how big cps you could gain after month of playing. It will not be infinite; by basic calculation you need 10^(2/3) = 4.641 cps multiplier or time to increase cps multiplier with HC by 10 increases exponentionally.

Will continue later.

da fuq is dis shit? I dont even know the names to begin with and now we usin breives? damn. That's real shit I guess, so real.
    If you read the last line, you'll be able to see that they are in the order of the wiki. Also, you can figure they are the upgrades of cursors and grandmas because they affect cursors and grandmas.
  • StintheBeastStintheBeast Posts: 1,868Member, Cool ✭✭✭
    Abababa said:

Will continue later.

If you read the last line, you'll be able to see that they are in the order of the wiki. Also, you can figure they are the upgrades of cursors and grandmas because they affect cursors and grandmas.
    People don't know what a joke is I guess. How could you take that seriously with the way I was talking? lol
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies