Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Sort of new building (But in a special way) + Special cookie production step

Spike438843Spike438843 Posts: 69Member ✭✭
edited April 2014 in Suggestions
Cookie Stock Exchange - It randomly changes the value of all cookie production between 0.8 and 1.4 times the base production, Upgrade available to make the stocks tip in your favour such as: BUY THE RIVAL COOKIES and A extra special very expensive 'heaven upgrade' BUY THE WORLD! Which no matter what increases cookie production + the standard changing of stock exchange by 6 times >:D THE WORLD WANTS THE COOKIES! - Description: The global cookie market has risen!

Doughing Facility + Cookie Processing Plant - Doughing facility first then, A lower grade building, produces 30 cookies per plant! - Description: The Kneaded facility
Cookie processing plant now, It is useless on its own, and costs about 1.5 times the cost of the doughing facility, so why buy it? For every cookie processing plant bought, the doughing facility increases production by 0.17 times higher than its original rate So if you have 10 CPP (Cookie processing plants) its 1.7 times higher than its original rate (2.7 total) or 100 CPP and its 17 (18 total) times its original rate!!!

I havent seen anything similar to this and I thought it'd be cool, Building effecting buildings...Another building effecting building would be...Farm+Factory, and farm increases factory production slightly :D

Comments

• ThatDudeThatDude Posts: 6,316Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    This is sort of like that gambling thread. Was it the cookie stocks thing?

Anyway,

people have stars in their names now apparently
  • weezyweezy Posts: 101Member
    edited April 2014
    Absolutely love the stock exchange idea, but if nothing is risked initially it should be (0.8-1.2). Upgrade to max it at (0.9-1.2). Upgrade range to max (0.7-1.4) at (0.8-1.4) at both maxed. Or something like that. Have the stock market close upon choosing and buff last several hours to make it of consequence. This has 2 beneficial effects if done correctly. 1) you win more then you lose (people like to win bets) 2) The bonus is beneficial/hiderant enough to add some emotion. A third beneficial effect is if sophisticated enough can have the other stocks be slightly lower if you roll a low number or a high number. This can lead to the thought of "At least i didn't pick that" or "Wow i was really luck to do so well in a down market". Although subtle are forms of immediate positive reinforcement.

Dunno about eventually always winning though. But without a potential negative the gambling effect is diminished alot for me.
  • Spike438843Spike438843 Posts: 69Member ✭✭
    Well, thanks for the criticism...Yeah probly youd often get the it being benefitial (I mean the world likes your cookies, of course there in your favour) but it gets more benefitial by the few upgrades...Anything of the buildings affecting buildings suggestion within this?
    --IF YOUR GOING TO HATE...LEAVE THIS THREAD NOW, OTHERWISE ACTUALLY GIVE A GOOD COMMENT (Haters such as clickingghost or thatdude)--
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the exchange thing could be nice. maybe it only activates once you buy an upgrade to be on the stock exchange? like it unlocks at 10 billion? an you buy it for 50 Bil? then you might get an upgrade that slightly removes the Worst thing. like from 0.8 -> 0.85 -> 0.9 but not up to no negative. also it shouldn't increase past 1.2.
    Also if you want all the haters to leave, They will troll you instead and not leave ever.
    What's a sig btw

Yeah the exchange thing could be nice. maybe it only activates once you buy an upgrade to be on the stock exchange? like it unlocks at 10 billion? an you buy it for 50 Bil? then you might get an upgrade that slightly removes the Worst thing. like from 0.8 -> 0.85 -> 0.9 but not up to no negative. also it shouldn't increase past 1.2.
    Also if you want all the haters to leave, They will troll you instead and not leave ever.

Oh its not cuz there effecting me
    And they wont leave either way
    its just...its driving away alot of people like you, I think most of the people with logic see the name thatdude, or clickingghost and just stay off a thread...Yeah, plus, it takes so far to scroll...and my mouse is starting to fade out of existance, from...alot of clicking, i actually had to trigger frozen cookies in place of my mouse (At 75 clicks per second or 150 on a frenzy)
    Just to sort of save it, but my scroll wheel got broken abit, so i have to drag my mouse down so far to get past the pointless hate...
    Also uiocat, nice little suggestion to it...Yeah itd be nice
    1.2 can be the cap...Maybe some golden cookie effects which increase it by 0.1 for 25 seconds or 50 if u upgrade golden cookies as a effect to some golden cookies

Yeah, by the way...did you notice one little slip up thatdude made...he did a really major threat, which didnt work on me, and i just flagged it :3
    Its amusing seeing the haters slip up actually...
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you use autoclickers? it takes the fun out for me. (Casually clicking at 12 clicks per second here) I don't really like the GC thing because its for a short time and won't make a difference. Also this suggestion is more of a business day suggestion.
    What's a sig btw
  • DiMonoDiMono Posts: 216Member

I think most of the people with logic see the name thatdude, or clickingghost and just stay off a thread

Nope.

...Yeah, plus, it takes so far to scroll...and my mouse is starting to fade out of existance, from...alot of clicking, i actually had to trigger frozen cookies in place of my mouse (At 75 clicks per second or 150 on a frenzy)

First of all, when you click on a thread you're taken to the new post, so you don't have to scroll to get there anyway. Secondly, scrolling through webpages is what the page up/down buttons are for. And thirdly, no wonder you don't understand the game; you're not playing it. 75 clicks per second is not humanly possible, and 150 is certainly not. I cap out around 20 using mousekeys as an aid, and people accuse me of cheating. I haven't even played for the last couple days, because those accusations have soured me on the game; you've never played.

If you want to be taken seriously, play the game honestly so that you understand how it works and can make better suggestions.

As for the suggestions you made here, it mostly just feels like you're trying too hard. Let things come naturally.
    It's okay, I'm here now.

I use a GC and Reindeer autoclicker that also gives ~20 clicks per second on elder frenzies and click frenzies
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozen cookies is an add-on which can be used as an auto-clicker among other things.
    DiMono said:

I think most of the people with logic see the name thatdude, or clickingghost and just stay off a thread

Nope.

...Yeah, plus, it takes so far to scroll...and my mouse is starting to fade out of existance, from...alot of clicking, i actually had to trigger frozen cookies in place of my mouse (At 75 clicks per second or 150 on a frenzy)

First of all, when you click on a thread you're taken to the new post, so you don't have to scroll to get there anyway. Secondly, scrolling through webpages is what the page up/down buttons are for. And thirdly, no wonder you don't understand the game; you're not playing it. 75 clicks per second is not humanly possible, and 150 is certainly not. I cap out around 20 using mousekeys as an aid, and people accuse me of cheating. I haven't even played for the last couple days, because those accusations have soured me on the game; you've never played.

If you want to be taken seriously, play the game honestly so that you understand how it works and can make better suggestions.

As for the suggestions you made here, it mostly just feels like you're trying too hard. Let things come naturally.
    The prices become rediculously high, and i have a thing called a life to attend to part time...
    erdbeere said:

frozen cookies is an add-on which can be used as an auto-clicker among other things.

Yes it is, a useful 1 to.

erdbeere said:

And if you use it to autoclick, it means that you are cheating. :O
    erdbeere said:

erdbeere said:

No, it takes me 3 days to buy anything anyways...So autoclick is incredibly useful.
    I could go 250 autoclicks, but nope...
    And i do actually have a thing called a LIFE
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Posts: 12,680Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭

erdbeere said:

erdbeere said:

No, it takes me 3 days to buy anything anyways...So autoclick is incredibly useful.
    are you saying we dont have a life? that bullying! your going to jail.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,846Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    *AHEM* Spike...You made it OP with only one heavenly upgrade and, look at that, a building that might lower production!
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud

*AHEM* Spike...You made it OP with only one heavenly upgrade and, look at that, a building that might lower production!

How is it OP
    plus.*AHEM* Read above to Uiomancat...He made afew minor changes and heypresto, no longer op
    Keep up with the conversation
    and please still back up you comments...
    And just generally stop whining.
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Posts: 12,680Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it OP
    plus.*AHEM* Read above to Uiomancat...He made afew minor changes and heypresto, no longer op
    were not whining, were complaining.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
    edited April 2014

erdbeere said:

erdbeere said:

Using an add-on, that gains you an unfair advantage over other players, is considered cheating. You can't possibly click 75 times in a second without cheating.
    And about having a life: Everybody has a life. Don't discriminate other people's life choices. Nobody said they were playing CC all the time.

How is it OP
    ALWAYS SIX TIMES PRODUCTION WITH ONE HEAVENLY UPGRADE?
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    edited April 2014
    FASTER MENNER! 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000cps cost 15 cookie. OP? how? you need to back up your comment!

FASTER MENNER! 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000cps cost 15 cookie. OP? how? you need to back up your comment!

0.0 i didnt say that genius

How is it OP
    IT DOESNT DO THAT.
    0.0 Wow, i did for a moment think you guyz can read.
    I was clearly wrong.

0.0 i didnt say that genius
    i never said you did.

How is it OP
    IT DOESNT DO THAT.
    0.0 Wow, i did for a moment think you guyz can read.
    I was clearly wrong.
    *AHEM* Read the base post.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    i dont want spike to write any of my letters.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • NigFewtonNigFewton Posts: 182Member
    Dude, don't let these haters get you down. You're special and unique. You're smarter than all of them. You don't need them. They need you.

And keep up those suggestions! Orteil has even mentioned on /vg/ that he's implementing everything you suggested so far.
    NigFewton said:

Dude, don't let these haters get you down. You're special and unique. You're smarter than all of them. You don't need them. They need you.

And keep up those suggestions! Orteil has even mentioned on /vg/ that he's implementing everything you suggested so far.

damn dude.
  • DiMonoDiMono Posts: 216Member
    erdbeere said:

Nobody said they were playing CC all the time.

I did (alongside work). Then everyone got all mad at me for getting faster results because of it, and accused me of cheating. Now I'm taking a break from the game because it's been a little bit ruined for me. Still, in my current game I have 200 prisms and a 2E+23 bank, so I'll come back for the Easter update.

And if I can do that without cheating, then there is absolutely no valid excuse for running an auto-clicker at 75 clicks/second and using "but I have a life" as justification. If you're going to cheat, just man up and admit you're cheating. I assure you nobody here will think any less of you for it than they already do.
    It's okay, I'm here now.

I use a GC and Reindeer autoclicker that also gives ~20 clicks per second on elder frenzies and click frenzies
  • I_HATE_MISDEERI_HATE_MISDEER Posts: 1,392Member ✭✭
    Let me guess: You use Elder Covenat and have never resetted.

When buildings take three days, its time to reset.
  • IdleGamesRockIdleGamesRock Posts: 2,854Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Well, ThatDude is a troll, but sometimes amuses people, so ignore him. ClickingGhost is annoyed because he feels like you're a noob and don't understand the game, so he really just wants a good suggestion. I understand that, but I like to stay calm. Well, haters can give good advice, but not always. Just understand that people do read your stuff, but they can't really understand it. I hope you can get a suggestion in one day!
    why is this a thing
  • HartogHartog Posts: 123Member ✭✭
    Just posting -1 doesn't really add anything to the topic other than "hate" (or rather, "dislike"). Probably best to either post something more constructive or just ignore the suggestion.

That said, I do think Spike is overreacting. At times it's like he's starting a personal vendetta against you (ClickingGhost).