Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

[DEV] could we get a cookie title if the whole forum is based around cookie clicker?

BlueThunder97BlueThunder97 Posts: 38Member
edited September 2013 in Suggestions & Bug Reports
like when you first sign up next to your name it says "new cursor" and at 10 posts "modern clicker" and so on?
Blue 's my name, makin' Thunder 's my game
Post edited by Opti on

Comments

• Red_CookieRed_Cookie Posts: 11Member
    That runs the risk of making people more obsessed with posting than with cookie clicking. It would slow my plan for the permanence of the Grandmapocalypse.
    "You could have stopped it." -Grandma
  • GlitchyNinjaGlitchyNinja Posts: 3Member
    And then you get "Cookie Miner" and "Portal Opener"
    of course, the moderators are "Grandmatriarchs"
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 9Member
    Could receive a real cookie every 100 posts ?
  • BlueThunder97BlueThunder97 Posts: 38Member

And then you get "Cookie Miner" and "Portal Opener"
    of course, the moderators are "Grandmatriarchs"

for mods i would say elder gods

• OptiOpti Posts: 699Administrator, Game Dev, Server Operator Admin
    Moving to Cookie clicker general discussion.
  • ______ Posts: 90Member ✭✭✭
    Raw Dough,
    Fresh out of the Oven,
    Grandma,
    Grandmatriarch,
    Elder Cookie,
    etc.
  • Golden_CookieGolden_Cookie Posts: 8Member
    Only if we want as much shitposting as possible.
  • TowwlTowwl Posts: 65Member ✭✭

Only if we want as much shitposting as possible.

Pretty much this. Post ranks just destroy quality and its not like there's much here to begin with
  • cookiecookiecookiecookie Posts: 95Member
    guys wait let's think this through

what if orteil decides to do something OTHER than cookie clicker?

then what
  • McflowerMcflower Posts: 22Member
    Don't be silly... Orteil has no future outside of Cookie Clicker now.
    This is signature. Hear me sign.
  • Kitten_EngineersKitten_Engineers Posts: 49Member

That runs the risk of making people more obsessed with posting than with cookie clicking. It would slow my plan for the permanence of the Grandmapocalypse.

There will not be a grandmapocalypse. ONLY A KITTENPOCALYPSE.

KITTENS UNITE

We kittens will secretly over throw the grandmatriarches, our owners, and engulf the world in milk. MEOW MEOW MEOW
    #TeamKittens
    KITTENS UNITE
    Kitten_Engineers
  • Cookie_ClickerCookie_Clicker Posts: 151Member ✭✭

There will not be a grandmapocalypse. ONLY A KITTENPOCALYPSE.

KITTENS UNITE

Settle your fighting and combine your strengths for alone you are strong, but together you are invincible. I PROPOSE THE GRANDMAKITTENPOCALYPES!!!
    edited September 2013
    what i have so far

first post/just joined: frozen dough/ clicker
    5 posts: plain cookie/ cursor
    10 posts: sugar cookie/ kind grandma
    15 posts: peanut butter cookie/ farmer grandma
    20 posts: oatmeal raisin cookie/ factory grandma
    25 posts: chocolate chip cookie/ miner grandma
    30 posts: coconut cookie/ space grandma
    35 posts: double-chip cookie/ alchemist grandma
    40 posts: all chocolate cookie/ grandmatriarch
    45 posts: eclipse cookie/ grandma's grandma
    50 posts: zebra cookie/ kitten engineer
    55 posts: snickerdoodles/ grandma researcher
    60 posts: white chocolate cookie/ dungeoneer grandma
    65 posts: dark chocolate covered cookie/ kitten CEO
    70 posts: white chocolate covered cookie/ ???
    75 posts: macaroon cookie/ ???
    80 posts: british tea biscuit/ ???
    85 posts: empire biscuit/ ???
    90 posts: round british tea biscuit with heart motif/ ???
    95 posts: heavenly chips/ ???
    100 posts: Golden cookie/ Elder God

thats all i got for now
    Post edited by BlueThunder97 on
    i need some suggestions for this i might make something
    Moved to general suggestions/bug reports.
  • Alchemy_LabAlchemy_Lab Posts: 56Member
    Please don't, we don't need another forum where people endlessly shitpost to be a golden cookie or whatever.
    gold = cookies?
  • ClickerofCookieClickerofCookie Posts: 271Member
    I'm an elder god already, if this was implemented, and I have only been here for 1 day.
    I am the master of cursors. Cursors are everything. Cursors are love, cursors are life. I've said the word "cursors" so many times it sounds weird now.

Cursors.
    This would encourage a lot of spammy posting. Which is the opposite of what we're trying to get right now.

We're considering a karma type system where people can upvote your thread and comments if they like it, which would go towards a total number on your profile. But it's important this doesn't become like Reddit or Facebook. So this has to be thought through before it's implemented.
  • ______ Posts: 90Member ✭✭✭
    It doesn't have to be based on posts or likes. It could be as simple as replacing the admin titles with grandmatriarch, member title with new cookie.
  • bryfurybryfury Posts: 135Member ✭✭
    i say we stock up un upvotes like we stock up on cookies on the game, again, golden cookie = upvote and red cookie = downvote.

- Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come -

check my drawings and my map guide of the ''MLP RPG Elements of Harmony'' game here: bryfury.deviantart.com/
  • Cookie_ClickerCookie_Clicker Posts: 151Member ✭✭
    Opti said:

This would encourage a lot of spammy posting. Which is the opposite of what we're trying to get right now.

We're considering a karma type system where people can upvote your thread and comments if they like it, which would go towards a total number on your profile. But it's important this doesn't become like Reddit or Facebook. So this has to be thought through before it's implemented.

but then couldn`t people make multiple accounts and upvote there main account`s post

Opti said:

but then couldn`t people make multiple accounts and upvote there main account`s post

Technically, yes. But it won't be related to titles. Just to see which thread has some good content and which doesn't. Custom titles based on some variable that goes up is bound to cause abuse or spam in some way.
  • UristqwertyUristqwerty Posts: 31Member
    You won't see what thread has good content, you'll see what thread has popular content, or what thread has been upvoted by friends/alts, or what thread was made by some popular user from a separate community who asked people from that community to upvote their post.
    Which is why, if we were to implement a system like this, it has be thought through instead of mindlessly cloning a feature from another website. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread.
  • bryfurybryfury Posts: 135Member ✭✭

You won't see what thread has good content, you'll see what thread has popular content, or what thread has been upvoted by friends/alts, or what thread was made by some popular user from a separate community who asked people from that community to upvote their post.

i feel that zebra thread will get a lot of upvotes if this is implemented XD
    - Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come -

check my drawings and my map guide of the ''MLP RPG Elements of Harmony'' game here: bryfury.deviantart.com/
  • ZebraAnonZebraAnon Posts: 48Member
    At least this would avoid the Reddit problem, where unpopular opinion gets shunned and hidden away and people just regurgitate popular opinion to make themselves popular.
    Everyone would be equally visible, they would just have varying numbers.
    The downside is that of our current crop, our highest rated users would probably be those who can dig up the oldest, most dead meme and parade it around as if it were still alive. Fuckin' Chuck Norris jokes.
  • IrvalFirestarIrvalFirestar Posts: 312Member ✭✭
    I'd personally prefer the highest-rated members be those who are very proficient at cookie clicker or those who produce awesome content.
    sigimage.php?u=632574&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2
  • ClickerofCookieClickerofCookie Posts: 271Member

I'd personally prefer the highest-rated members be those who are very proficient at cookie clicker or those who produce awesome content.

Orteil is in the last category.
    I am the master of cursors. Cursors are everything. Cursors are love, cursors are life. I've said the word "cursors" so many times it sounds weird now.

Cursors.
  • BobBob Posts: 283Member ✭✭
    Opti said:

Which is why, if we were to implement a system like this, it has be thought through instead of mindlessly cloning a feature from another website. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Exactly. I think the system as it is right now is fine. It just needs more organization, not necessarily more ways to say "I'm better than you.".