Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Dungeon Speculation Thread

iconmastericonmaster Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I think the dungeons will be a fun minigame to do while waiting for more cookies; I know, for one, the prices have outstripped the time to get them. And you'll probably be getting more cookies out of it too!

So, what do YOU think the dungeons will be like?
The Grandmatriarchs are angry.

It's too late to visit them. They're already here.

Comments

• CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heros bring back cookies from dungeons XD

• boonies4uboonies4u Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Or perhaps you will pay your heroes with cookies to bring back treasure? I think it'll be kind of bland if they only bring back cookies.
  • SnowyMysticSnowyMystic Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I think the dungeons will have similarities with the dungeons in the game "Candy Box" as Orteil has been inspired by that game.
    "shrivel, writhe, throb, gnaw we will rise again" ~Grandma
  • TwomanatorTwomanator Member Posts: 33
    I think that the dungeon's treasure will include exclusive upgrades that can only be obtained from exploring them on your own not getting the game to do it for you.
  • CroremCrorem Member Posts: 21
    I kind of see each dungeon as being a graphical mini roguelike with less harsh death penalties.
  • TowwlTowwl Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Maybe you'll be able to find special buildings that can't be bought in the shop...
  • MetasightMetasight Member Posts: 13
    I wonder if your "character" will be a Grandma in a armor or something, or maybe one of the enemies will be a Grandma...
  • titaniumtitanium Member Posts: 23
    im scared that the dungeons are going to be fill with grandma's
  • ShipmentShipment Member Posts: 23
    Final boss will be grandmatriarch, secret final boss will be Grandpa.
    image Top notch delivery service, I'll get you at least 100 cookies or you pay nothing!
  • TwomanatorTwomanator Member Posts: 33
    im curious how the dungeons will play out will it be similar to D&D?
  • CursorCursor Member Posts: 10
    So that's where Grandpa has been hiding? :O
  • ShipmentShipment Member Posts: 23
    Cursor said:

So that's where Grandpa has been hiding? :O

Yes little cursor, before grandma's fleshy takeover, she banished him to the dungeons for selling her farms.
    image Top notch delivery service, I'll get you at least 100 cookies or you pay nothing!
    Maybe you will find Grandpa in the dungeons and hes at war with Cookies. He joins your party and he helps like in an RPG.
  • ______ Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Marshmallow slime opponents!
  • TowwlTowwl Member Posts: 65 ✭✭

Maybe you will find Grandpa in the dungeons and hes at war with Cookies. He joins your party and he helps like in an RPG.

But why would you be at war with cookies if you're mass producing them by the trillions...
  • MetasightMetasight Member Posts: 13
    Perhaps your weapon is a Cursor?
    Towwl said:

But why would you be at war with cookies if you're mass producing them by the trillions...
    Hmmm... Yeah it would make more sense if he was a boss.
  • someone27someone27 Member Posts: 8
    Plot twist you are the mind of the grandmatriarchs placing saggy-booby traps so no one gets through. Tower defense \o/
    ( ° ʖ °)
  • AlineAline Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Gingerbread men would be either the heroes or one of the enemies, I don't know.

There could be something similar to golden cookies (fortune cookies? the holy gingergrail?) that could give random stat increases to the heroes, or maybe even free weapon upgrades.

The building types and amounts purchased would give different heroes with different abilities. Like these I just thought about on the spot:
    Cursor Heroes: The most basic warrior type, it's the game's pawn. Their expendability and sheer numbers is what makes them fairly useful as meat shields for the other types.
    Grandma Heroes: The most versatile warrior type, can copy other heroes' abilities (though, not to the same power extent); can do some healing just like Portal heroes, but in a lesser extent.
    Farm Heroes: Strength-based, are more tank-like, defeating tough enemies who might be immune to magic (and finally farm becomes useful).
    Factory Heroes: Defense-based, tend to be shields to the Mine Heroes.
    Mine Heroes: Gatherers, are the ones who bring more loot home; not really good at attacking, but really good at looting.
    Shipment Heroes: Speedsters, are there to defeat these pesky quick enemies; stealth is their strong point.
    Portal Heroes: Magic-users, very useful for healing and defeating bosses. Only lose in power to Time Machine heroes.
    Time Machine Heroes: Timeshifters, give a huge advantage in more advanced battles.
  • DogeDoge Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Aline said:

Gingerbread men would be either the heroes or one of the enemies, I don't know.

There could be something similar to golden cookies (fortune cookies? the holy gingergrail?) that could give random stat increases to the heroes, or maybe even free weapon upgrades.

The building types and amounts purchased would give different heroes with different abilities. Like these I just thought about on the spot:
    Cursor Heroes: The most basic warrior type, it's the game's pawn. Their expendability and sheer numbers is what makes them fairly useful as meat shields for the other types.
    Grandma Heroes: The most versatile warrior type, can copy other heroes' abilities (though, not to the same power extent); can do some healing just like Portal heroes, but in a lesser extent.
    Farm Heroes: Strength-based, are more tank-like, defeating tough enemies who might be immune to magic (and finally farm becomes useful).
    Factory Heroes: Defense-based, tend to be shields to the Mine Heroes.
    Mine Heroes: Gatherers, are the ones who bring more loot home; not really good at attacking, but really good at looting.
    Shipment Heroes: Speedsters, are there to defeat these pesky quick enemies; stealth is their strong point.
    Portal Heroes: Magic-users, very useful for healing and defeating bosses. Only lose in power to Time Machine heroes.
    Time Machine Heroes: Timeshifters, give a huge advantage in more advanced battles.

Good idea Doge approve.
    Post edited by Doge on
    Simple Doge who like cookie clicker
    "A nice doge to bake more cookies"
  • ClickerofCookieClickerofCookie Member Posts: 271
    The Cursor commander approves of using Cursors in the dungeon army.
    I am the master of cursors. Cursors are everything. Cursors are love, cursors are life. I've said the word "cursors" so many times it sounds weird now.

Cursors.
  • CookieMCookieM Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    There will be different dungeons, which will depend on type of the building linked to it.
    Here are some hero stats:
    hp:20, hpm:20, might:5, guard:5, speed:5, dodge:5, luck:5.
    Also, zebra lovers will love dungeons.
    Every dung will have "types/names"? ('arcane','magical','mystical','sacred','honed','banished','unholy','holy','demonic','enchanted','necromantic','bewitched','haunted','occult','astral')
    There will be a lot of random stuff generated every time.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ClickerofCookieClickerofCookie Member Posts: 271
    No, he is not making it up.
    I am the master of cursors. Cursors are everything. Cursors are love, cursors are life. I've said the word "cursors" so many times it sounds weird now.

Cursors.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dargondargon Member Posts: 15
    I'm personally hoping its kinda like the exploration feature from a dark room.