Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Development Environnement

KuraiKurai Posts: 3Member
Hi everyone.

Hope I'm not in the wrong forum.

I'm currently creating an Idle Game but I have some troubles with it.
At the beginning of my project I hosted my files on my own server (rented). But, it have a firewall or something like that which block the content if there are too many request I think.

So I decided to use pastebin for my "Let's Make a Game" file. But, what's about the CSS ? Where do you put your CSS file ? Cause, when I edit the CSS file in my own server, there are no changes at all. Maybe the application cache ?

Thank's for your help.

PS : Sorry about my english langage, I'm not a native english speaker :)
Tagged:

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put the CSS in its own separate Pastebin file, at least from what I gathered from the handbook.

I also recommend moving spritesheets to Imgur preemptively, as clearly hosting things on your own server is not working.
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • KuraiKurai Posts: 3Member
    Ok thank's but I can't find how I suppose to include this CSS (host in pastebin) in my "Let's make a game!" file...
    First, you put the CSS in its own separate Pastebin, like I mentioned above.

Then, under the Settings section of your game's Pastebin, type "stylesheet:" and put the Pastebin code for the CSS (the string of letters at the end of the URL) there.

For example, say your CSS had the URL "pastebin.com/AbCdEfGh". You would take the "AbCdEfGh," go over to the Pastebin for your game and put this under the Settings section

stylesheet: AbCdEfGh

Then, add whatever else you want into the game, and when you playtest it, your CSS should load properly.

Hope this helps.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • KuraiKurai Posts: 3Member
    Huuum ... Ok but seem doesn't work.
    For example, my game url is : pastebin.com/4hHF2UCu .
    And for my CSS : pastebin.com/Gj4f8r68 .

Has you can see, in my game file, I've put the CSS has you mentioned it but when I call the game like this : orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=4hHF2UCu it doesn't work.

In the console I have this message : "WARNING : Failed to load the stylesheet at Gj4f8r68."

Sorry if I did something wrong...

PS : Sorry but it seem I can't put external links in my message. I've to wait before...
    Alright, in this case, maybe try the full link in that section instead of just the pastebin's code?

If that doesn't work, it's quite possible something's wrong with the CSS.

I'm not an expert, though, and in fact, I've hardly played with the new version of IGM, so someone else might know how this works better than I do.
    ---
    Soundcloud