Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

SITE CODE

PanspheroPansphero Member Posts: 4
Sorry, already posted this, but not as a question. This time I posted it as a question.
So, when you are in chrome, if you press ctrl+u you get the following:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Idle Game Maker</title> <!-- Code and graphics copyright Orteil, 2017 Feel free to alter this code to your liking, but please do not re-host it, do not profit from it and do not present it as your own. --> <script src="/cdn-cgi/apps/head/0qgk9sTk1hPaj4RmmbOPMlTGE6w.js"></script><link rel="shortcut icon" href="img/favicon.ico" /> <link href="lib/style.css?v=1" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> </head> <body> <div id="wrap" class="outFrame"> <div id="topBar"></div> <div id="code"> </div> <div id="game"> </div> <div id="ad"> <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <!-- IGM responsive --> <ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:block" data-ad-client="ca-pub-8491708950677704" data-ad-slot="2107382385" data-ad-format="auto"></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script> </div> </div> </body> </html> <script src="lib/main.js?v=2"></script>
The IGM site is blocked by my school admin on our chrome books. Am I allowed to copy this code and put it on a site that we can access as long as I give credit for to Orteil and Orti for the code?

Best Answers

Answers

• PanspheroPansphero Member Posts: 4
    This is so my friends can play my game in IGM
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,278 Mod
    (duplicate thread deleted)
    I would think the text in there saying "please do not re-host it" means that no, you are not allowed to host it somewhere else.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    I think they meant as in claiming credit for the code
    edited May 25
    Which I would not do
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,278 Mod
    edited May 25
    Pansphero said:

I think they meant as in claiming credit for the code

That's addressed separately, with "and do not present it as your own."
    "do not re-host it" explicitly means... well, don't re-host it. On another website for people to use. Something to keep in mind is they get ad revenue from people visiting their site.

Orteil and Opti have been pretty active on the Discord server, so that might be a good place to reach one of them about this.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154