Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

15678911»

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭

About the (5) point of your sugar lump strategy, I think it is worth considering the milk gained from the level 10 building achievements compared against the most efficient CpS boosts from each building. Personally, I level up each building to level 10 according to it's percentage of my production. AMC were at level 10 first, then Chancemakers, now I'm working on Prisms, etc. This way I get a good-but-less-than-optimal CpS boost from each sugar lump, but the milk gained from each achievement may balance it out or even surpass it in the long run. I haven't run the numbers.

Currently in my game each extra achievement means a boost of about 1.5%. Every boost is worth having, but that particular achievement will require 55 sugar lumps for every building, so will take a long time.

I haven't done the maths either, but I don't think it could be that hard. It should be possible to apply the same reasoning used to choose the best building to level up to also decide when to save for the achievement. Just treat the achievement as though it were another building being levelled up; calculate the increased production divided by the number of lumps required, and compare that with the figures for the individual buildings.

Might make that my next spreadsheet task.
    edited May 2018
    ^^ I have done this now and if my reasoning is correct, it's not all that difficult.

What I did earlier was calculate the benefit per lump for each building to level up, by taking the increase in CpS from levelling up and idviding by the number of lumps required. My modification consists of adding another term, which is the extra CpS from Level 10 achievement, divided by the total number of lumps required to get to that stage. This term is constant for all buildings, but it only gets applied to those where the level is less than 10.

It will be a long time before that affects my playing strategy, though, because I need to get to 100 lumps on the side first.

• SSPmrsomebody1SSPmrsomebody1 Posts: 10Member
    I have a 230 day legacy with 5 ascensions, 136 million levels, 349.6 octillion CpS, 3.633 undecillion cookies baked (this ascension) and 3.638 (all time) (1 undecillion = 1000 decillion). I have not hacked in anything but I have savescummed a few times (refreshing without saving if something bad happens). Since I spend all my time on my computer & have no life, I'm always there to click golden cookies, magic more golden cookies and manage my Garden. I got the Season Switcher and Golden Cookie Sound Selector heavenly upgrades so when I'm wasting my life on YouTube and a golden cookie or reindeer spawns I can switch windows and click on them.
    Also I'm pretty sure you can still get Infinity cookies, but it's WAY past 1 undecillion.
    btw the Infinity cookies thing happens when your number of cookies is too high for JavaScript (the scripting language Cookie Clicker is written in, not to be confused with Java, the programming language Minecraft is written in) to handle, so it just says Infinity.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Posts: 109Member ✭✭

Also I'm pretty sure you can still get Infinity cookies, but it's WAY past 1 undecillion.

1 undecillion is 10^36. The easiest way to think of this is to imagine decillion as "ten"-illion, undecillion as "eleven"-illion, etc. To get Infinity cookies, you would need "one-hundred"-illion.

In other words, impossible to achieve legitimately in our lifetimes.

To get Infinity cookies, you would need "one-hundred"-illion.

In other words, impossible to achieve legitimately in our lifetimes.

Is this something you know for sure? I don't know, I'm just asking. I always assumed that the highest possible number would be dependent on the processor and the operating system, rather than the programming language.
  • TumaluTumalu Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well, it'd be easy to do a quick check with some cheating, but yes, the highest number it can handle would be based off the programming language.

OS doesn't factor in at all I'm pretty sure (it just has to be an OS compatible with the games programming, the OS does not directly influence the game), and processing power only makes sense if large amounts of cookies caused immense game lag; thereby stopping you before you could hit infinity, rather than not making it happen.

I wonder if it will one day become a problem that effectively hard-ends the game? If it did, Orteil would probably have to start nerfing things so you don't hit that point too easily, but there's only so much one can do for people who were playing for 10 years.

Well, no. I suppose the true solution is adding an -extra special- ascension for infinity cookie value, resetting away all one's heavenly chips for a fancy reward.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Posts: 109Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am sure. If you go into debug mode and repeatedly multiply your bank by 1000x, you will see each -illion beyond what we normally encounter and can do this until you hit Infinity. "Ninety-nine"-illion, or novemnonagintillion, is the last nomenclature you see as "one-hundred"-illion, or 10^303 puts it over Infinity.

It's actually pretty cool to see the nomenclature of each -illion. One thing interesting to note is that with Short Numbers on Infinity cookies displays at 10^303, but with that option off it only says Infinity cookies at 10^306.

Interestingly, the Google Calculator stops displaying numbers after 10^308 and just says Infinity.
  • chemochemo Posts: 7Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm at 250 days with 108 ascensions, my total bake is 305 Duodecillion @ 1.943 decillion CPS with 2.875 billion chips, although I have 3.9 billion more ready to add once my juicy queenbeet matures. I know it's not overly impressive, but I'm pretty happy with it overall. These new achievements seem pretty insane though, not sure how long I'll last before I go back into sleepy cash in lump's every week or so mode, although the garden is a nice touch. I'm assuming it's future proofing, I'm hoping Orteil makes minigames for every building type over the next couple of years.

Yes, I am sure. If you go into debug mode and repeatedly multiply your bank by 1000x, you will see each -illion beyond what we normally encounter and can do this until you hit Infinity. "Ninety-nine"-illion, or novemnonagintillion, is the last nomenclature you see as "one-hundred"-illion, or 10^303 puts it over Infinity.

It's actually pretty cool to see the nomenclature of each -illion. One thing interesting to note is that with Short Numbers on Infinity cookies displays at 10^303, but with that option off it only says Infinity cookies at 10^306.

Interestingly, the Google Calculator stops displaying numbers after 10^308 and just says Infinity.

It's quite possible, if it's thought necessary, to do some clever programming and enable arithmetic with numbers beyond the so-called upper limit of the programming language. The size of the highest number possible number is then limited only by the amount of RAM available.

Special routines have to be written to handle the arithmetic, of course, and it would slow down the processing, but that might not affect the look-and-feel of the game as much as you think. The frequency with which the game recalculates its numbers is more or less arbitrary, based on what looks (sort of) realistic to the player. Obviously, as is demonstrated by the fact that some production "continues" when the game is closed, it can be dormant for minutes or hours and pick up where it left off. As in most games, the graphics requirements are what occupy most of the processor's time.
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 58Member ✭✭
    Lathund said:

Dudes,

I haven't played for 190 days. Time to pop those wrinklers. What to do with 190 sugar lumps!

At the very least, get your farm to level 9!
    Thanks, I got farm to lvl 9. I tried filling all the tiles with Baker's Wheat seeds. I waited for them to mature and froze them until I had a frenzy, then froze them again.

If I let them die and don't click on them, they don't add to the 'total mature plants harvested'. What is the purpose of harvesting them?
  • dparejadpareja Posts: 460Member ✭✭✭
    There are a few reasons to harvest mature plants:

1. There are achievements for harvesting 100 and 1,000 mature plants.

2. You have to harvest a mature plant to unlock its seed.

3. There are some plants that give rewards upon harvesting that they don't give if they just die; specifically, Bakeberry, Chocoroot, White chocoroot, Queenbeet, Juicy queenbeet, and Duketater. All of these but Juicy queenbeet give some amount of cookies; Juicy queenbeets give a sugar lump.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Posts: 124Member ✭✭
    4. Harvesting some of the plants give a chance to unlock their upgrades: Baker's Wheat, Green rot, Bakeberry, Ichorpuff, Duketater, Drowsyfern and Elderwort have this.
    I only have Mokalsium in slot 1 of Pantheon. I don't see the point in filling the other slots atm.

What do you guys have in Pantheon?
  • MaddieMaddie Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    Even playing absolutely clean, it;'s worth rotating Cyclius through the slots, or at least plugging him into the Jade slot at whatever your local time equivalent to Midnight GMT is and leaving him there for twelve hours. Then if you're going to be around to follow up, move him to the Ruby slot and leave him there for 6 hours. That gives you 18 hours a day of some sort of CPS boost from him.
    edited July 2018
    WTF??? o_0

I clicked on the Chancemaker with sugar lumps to up a level but my cps went down. I started working my way up, clicking on each level to boost cps with sugar lumps but my cps went down further!

What am I missing here guys?
    Post edited by sky_shrimp on
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Posts: 50Member ✭✭

WTF??? o_0

I clicked on the Chancemaker with sugar lumps to up a level but my cps went down. I started working my way up, clicking on each level to boost cps with sugar lumps but my cps went down further!

What am I missing here guys?

Well, if you own the "Sugar baking" prestige upgrade, by doing what you did, you'll lose some total CpS to gain some building-specific CpS.
  • MaddieMaddie Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    Specifically, each sugar lump you have waiting gives you 1% total CPS, up to 100 lumps/100%. Each level you boost a building increases that building's cps contribution by 1%, up to 10%. So the ideal strategy is to save up lumps till you have 100, and only then go back to leveling up your buildings, without dropping your lump total below 100.
  • bacon2015bacon2015 Posts: 22Member ✭✭
    zero cheats latest version, image proof can't be given as I am not here long enough. 50 thousand and counting
    current no cheat proof(non-live)version 10466

latest version:

current on latest:)

officially rolling:

Maddie said:

Specifically, each sugar lump you have waiting gives you 1% total CPS, up to 100 lumps/100%. Each level you boost a building increases that building's cps contribution by 1%, up to 10%. So the ideal strategy is to save up lumps till you have 100, and only then go back to leveling up your buildings, without dropping your lump total below 100.

Well, the only caveat to that is you probably want to take Temples and Wizard Towers to at least the firsts level to unlock the pantheon and the grimoire, and if you want to play the garden you need to take famrms up to the level of garden you want, up to 9. After that, I'd say yes, save lumps until you have 100 before spending them on levelling up buildings.

I have incorporated in my spreadsheet the necessary calculations to recommend what to do with available lumps; however so far it seems to confirm my suspicions that saving for 100 lumps is the best strategy. After that point is reached, it will become a matter of deciding when to try for the "level 10 of everything" upgrade, as opposed to simply levelling up the building that gives the best immediate CpS increase per lump.