Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Garden minigame

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    ViceVersa said:

dpareja said:

They are really short-lived though, this won't work (nearly as well anyway) once the Freeze bug is fixed.

I dunno... with fertilizer they mature in about 12 minutes and then last about 2 hours with clay
    That's still not much considering how many cookies you have to put into them (unless you plant them during Cursed Finger I guess.)

dpareja said:

Sure, then Baker's Wheat is fine. Though White Mildew might be better if you freeze your garden. (Until that bug is cleared up anyway.)

Kind of wish you hadn't mentioned that in the bug thread :p

Elderwort will be a good one for idle play if that UNFORESEEN BENEFIT to freezing gets nerfed.
    Well, that is kinda the point of the beta, to find the bugs so that they can be fixed before it all goes live. (But hey, exploits are exploits--I'm taking advantage of it!)

And yeah, Elderwort aside, the Garden is very much an inducement to active play.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to get any of the weeds to generate. Is there a trick to it?

edited April 7
    Fertilizer makes weeds more likely, so use that.

Not sure if you have to have a plant in the garden, but if you do, put something in a corner so as to leave the most squares empty.

EDIT: The only weed that generates spontaneously is Meddleweed. When it dies, it might leave behind Brown mold (savescum for it if you like). That will spread into White mildew when it becomes mature (and White mildew spreads as Brown mold). Chocoroot is Baker's wheat and Brown mold crossed; White chocoroot is White mildew and Chocoroot crossed.
    I was using fertiliser. I was following the planting strategy for the 3x4 plot below. I never got any weeds that I saw when I was checking in.

Using the same planting strategy with woodchips and I'm spawning new seeds as expected. But I have just never seen a weed even when using fertiliser.

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    The chart from Reddit says that Meddleweed needs to have (no neighboring plants), or (only 1 Brownmold and no more than 1 white mildew) or 1 White mildew and no more than 1 Brown Mold) to spawn spontaneously. So that planting array isn't going to get you any Meddleweed.
    It's white mildew I want, not meddleweed.

First you need Meddleweed, that spawns when there's nothing in the vicinity. (Typically.)

When Meddleweed dies, it can leave behind Brown mold.

When Brown mold matures, it very often spreads as White mildew.
    dpareja said:

First you need Meddleweed, that spawns when there's nothing in the vicinity. (Typically.)

When Meddleweed dies, it can leave behind Brown mold.

When Brown mold matures, it very often spreads as White mildew.

Oh right. So where they said meddleweed was "useless" in the post I C&P'd from reddit, they should have written "essential".

• AmelieAmelie Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited April 8
    Just thought I'd share this model for optimizing mutation growth. With twelve slots spent on plants and four wasted, you get twenty slots where crossbreeds may grow with only two potential slots for unwanted growth. (I should have marked those with question marks I guess; it's 2,2 and 5,5.)

By the way why isn't there a Grandma plant called Elderberry?
    Post edited by Amelie on
    Amelie said:

By the way why isn't there a Grandma plant called Elderberry?

Oh, brava, brava!
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    So I think Bakeberries are the new endgame meta then? I had a 5x5 plot of Bakeberries and harvested them during an Elder Frenzy and Building Buff and got 10 tredecillion.

That's almost as much as I got from 3 months of SE farming on my live save.

I could have got nearly 50 tredec if I would have turned on the Golden Switch and used a Sugar Frenzy, let alone a regular Frenzy and another Building Buff from refilling my magic bar at the cost of a few Lumps. My base CpS is only 2.4 dec, by the way. So that's about 4billion x CpS for maybe 3 hours of active play? Yes please.
    Bakeberries are the endgame buff for active play. Use them in concert with Godzamok/Force (especially rigging Elder Frenzy there) for pure insanity.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    Also Bakeberries give a boost proportional to current CpS, so unlike Spontaneous Edifice they do not become less useful over time. SE gives a massive boost when it first becomes available, but the boost does not increase with increasing prestige, I expect there will come a time in the future when people become blase about whether they cast it or not.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
    And also, for active play, Bakeberries will continue to be good after the freeze bug is fixed. You get a small CpS boost while they grow, then you freeze them, lose the CpS boost, but just have to wait for whatever stack of buffs you want to pop them on.
    ^^ I would have assumed you would freeze them on maturity anyway, never mind losing that small CpS boost. You don't want to take the chance of not getting one of those frenzies before they die.

^^ I would have assumed you would freeze them on maturity anyway, never mind losing that small CpS boost. You don't want to take the chance of not getting one of those frenzies before they die.

Of course you freeze them. Their main power is that +40 minutes of current CpS. The 2% CpS boost is peanuts.
    Those frozen berries that I buy in the supermarket - now I know how they are made. ;)
    edited April 12
    So in the next (or later) Beta, there will be 34 seed varieties. Here are some of the effects they will provide. You'll notice bakeberies are being nerfed to maximum 3% of your current bank. So exploit them now while you can!

It is clear that mixing up the planting will be the most beneficial when these new seeds are available. I have been trying that recently with disastrous results. I currently have 4x4, and tried planting 8 bakeberries and 8 others to work while the BB developed, to then plant another 8 BB. I started with golden clover then switched to shimmerlillies. Long story short, I ended up harvesting just two of the 16 bakeberries. I remember how hard the game was without the golden cookie chime now. Got to keep an eye on the garden or it ends up costing more than it's worth.
    Post edited by adam_antichrist on

Never having got this "Golden cookie chime" to work, i don't miss it.

I remember how hard the game was without the golden cookie chime now. Got to keep an eye on the garden or it ends up costing more than it's worth.

Like a real garden, in other words. The plants die if not tended and watered.

That's a shame about the Bakeberries, but it still looks like they will be good for endgame.

Does anyone know how the Harvest All button should work?

For example; say I have a full 6x6 plot of mature Bakeberries. If I harvest them all one at a time during a combination of CpS buffs so that each Bakeberry grants its maximum 3% of Bank, then my Bank would theoretically increase by 290% after I'm done harvesting. Now if the Harvest All button harvests each plant simultaneously, the theoretical Bank increase would only be 108%, correct?

Can anyone who knows about similar mechanics in the game shed any light on what to expect?
    edited April 12
    Is there even a similar mechanic for anything else? Wrinklers aren't.

Godzamok might be, if there's a difference between selling a block of ten buildings vs. selling 10 individually in quick succession

So in the next (or later) Beta, there will be 34 seed varieties. Here are some of the effects they will provide. You'll notice bakeberies are being nerfed to maximum 3% of your current bank. So exploit them now while you can!

Makes me wonder if Chocoroot and White chocoroot are getting a nerf, because if not those might end up being more cost-effective.
    edited April 13
    When is lucky not lucky? I'm trying to exploit the bakeberries with a frenzy/elder frenzy combo. Been clicking FTHOF for two hours. Had click frenzy, then lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky and just for a change, lucky. With some unluckies thrown in. Getting tempted to start cheating...

Update: add 2x sinister fates and another click frenzy. Is Friday the 13th known to effect CC?

Maddie said:

Is there even a similar mechanic for anything else? Wrinklers aren't.

Godzamok might be, if there's a difference between selling a block of ten buildings vs. selling 10 individually in quick succession

I was thinking about the odds of finding Halloween cookies upon popping Wrinklers one at a time vs. quickly toggling on/off an Elder Covenant to instantly pop them all. It's not quite the same but if the odds change during the instantaneous Wrinkler popping then it may shed some light on what to expect from the Garden.
    It should be easy enough to figure out Bakeberries' behaviour by harvesting just one, noting the exact number of cookies released, then repeating. If the two are exactly the same, then the boost is additive and harvesting all BBs at once is just as effective. If the second is 3% more than the first, then it means the increase is multiplicative rather than additive. You can then check whether all-in-one harvesting is addditive or multiplicative by harvesting singly until only those two remain, then getting those two with "Harvest all". Of course you'll have to do the calculations quickly.

It should be easy enough to figure out Bakeberries' behaviour by harvesting just one, noting the exact number of cookies released, then repeating. If the two are exactly the same, then the boost is additive and harvesting all BBs at once is just as effective. If the second is 3% more than the first, then it means the increase is multiplicative rather than additive. You can then check whether all-in-one harvesting is addditive or multiplicative by harvesting singly until only those two remain, then getting those two with "Harvest all". Of course you'll have to do the calculations quickly.

"Harvest all" harvests each plant in turn (ie sequentially). Bakeberries, when harvested, add to your bank.

However, you would both see your bank increase (and thus the Bakeberry cap, once the nerf comes out) and your CpS decrease (since the Bakeberry was harvested and would thus no longer apply its buff), and it would more or less even out.
    edited April 14
    That feeling when you go back to your field of BB and you forgot to freeze and there is just a few meddleweeds in there.

You can only get Elder Frenzy from Sinister fate. Make sure you click those.
    I was trying to get a frenzy to have up my sleeve for when I got an elder frenzy, Still never got one. Ended up with 2x building buffs stacked with a frenzy and got about 900duo for my 20 bakeberries so I was happy in the end.

That feeling when you go back to your field of BB and you forgot to freeze and there is just a few meddleweeds in there.

I had opposite luck. My farm had maybe 12 ordinary Clovers left to mature and spread. Two days later I check back in after forgetting to freeze my farm and find a mature Golden Clover right in the middle plot.