Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

V.2.0045 is live

2»

Comments

• JezDavisJezDavis Posts: 218Member ✭✭✭

JezDavis said:

What's the Prestige boost you're getting from each sale of the 400th CM?

It depends on how much prestige you have to begin with, since it is linked to cookies baked. The first time I was doing it I was getting 100million every time I sold a chancemaker. It got down to 50M and I ascended. As long as your CBTA is close to cookies in bank you get the prestige kick. With the new update mine has gone up again on the beta to over 50M. Currently on the live version getting about 40M. So it's well worth it and will continue to be worth it for a while.

Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering where Bob's at not and what he's basing his calculations on. At present selling each 400th CM is netting me 10M in the live version. I'm not bothering with it in the Beta.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

the extra boost from SE easily dwarfs the rest of the CpS, and means Earth Shatterer should be installed as soon as 400 chancemakers are obtained.

A slight correction to this: Earth Shatterer should be installed as soon as you start selling buildings to generate enough cookies at bank for Spontaneous Edifice to produce another Chancemaker. That point may come before you have 400 Chancemakers, but you will need to have at least 400 of everything else.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Posts: 218Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

the extra boost from SE easily dwarfs the rest of the CpS, and means Earth Shatterer should be installed as soon as 400 chancemakers are obtained.

A slight correction to this: Earth Shatterer should be installed as soon as you start selling buildings to generate enough cookies at bank for Spontaneous Edifice to produce another Chancemaker. That point may come before you have 400 Chancemakers, but you will need to have at least 400 of everything else.

Agreed. I don't play actively too much so I tend to switch to Earth Shatterer at around 360 CMs. At that rate it takes me about a week to make up to 400, though I usually have to sell about number 396/7 to get enough cookies to make the final push.

As I've mentioned in the past, the big question for me is when I should stop selling the 400th and start building to 450. At present every time I sell the 400th I get 10m prestige. Once that drops below 5m I might finally quit the sell/SE cycle and push on.
    edited April 2018
    JezDavis said:

As I've mentioned in the past, the big question for me is when I should stop selling the 400th and start building to 450. At present every time I sell the 400th I get 10m prestige. Once that drops below 5m I might finally quit the sell/SE cycle and push on.

I think the answer to that question is, keep selling the 400th chancemaker until you have 450 of everything else, and until you have enough cookies at bank to get the extra 50 CMs in one hit.

Your next question will probably be "how many is that?" I posted a formula some time ago to calculate this. The total cost is

C *(r^n - 1)/(r-1)

where
    C is the cost of the next chancemaker
    r is the inflation rate, which is 1.15
    n is the number of buildings, in this case 50.

For me, with the next CM costing 47.5 DC, this gives a total cost of 3.43E44 (343 tridecillion). You might be able to reduce this slightly by casting Crafty Pixies.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
    edited April 2018
    JezDavis said:

What's the Prestige boost you're getting from each sale of the 400th CM?

I can answer this now.

There are two answers to this question. The answer you are probably looking for is when I sold the 400th chancemaker what was the increase in the "prestige gained this run" count display. The answer is: it jumped from 389M to 634M, an increase of 355M.

The second answer is the one I consider more relevant. I estimate total current available prestige based on current cookies baked all time PLUS what I expect to get at the end of the run from selling all buildings and cashing in Choc Egg. Using that measure, my available extra prestige this run increased from 9208M to 9359M, an increase of only 151M.

The number of cookies returned by the sale is the same in each case (about 24.5 DC), but because prestige is proportional to the cube root of total cookies, the prestige increase is smaller when the numbers are larger.

• MaddieMaddie Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    Jez: a data point: I currently have just shy of 20 billion Prestige points and my bank and baked are even. With Shatterer installed, selling my 400th CM gives 35 DuD. I'm getting just a hair under 35 Million prestige points per sale. So right around 19.8 Billion PP, they pass the 1 decillion per point level.