Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Business day overrides Easter

ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
This year Easter is on April 1. The game checks for business day before Easter, so (assuming I'm interpreting the day numbering correctly) on March 31, April 1 and April 2 the base season will be business day. The base season will only be Easter from March 25 to March 30. So make sure to get anything Easter-specific done by Good Friday.

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    Frankly, once you get past the very early stages of the game, the "base season" is just an amusing feature. The time cost of switching seasons is so low that it may as well be zero.

Of course this info is still important for people on their first run who don't yet have Season Switcher.
  • texanrattlertexanrattler Member Posts: 429 ✭✭
    wut??????
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    It could be useful for some challenge mode stuff. Christmas helps a bit with Speed baking III.

Or here's another challenge: bake 1 million cookies with no cookie clicks and without buying any buildings. Only possible during Easter.

Or here's another challenge: bake 1 million cookies with no cookie clicks and without buying any buildings. Only possible during Easter.

OK, I'll bite. How? Unless you are allowed to click on golden cookies/bunnies I can't see how you could even get started.

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Since they specifies "with no cookie clicks and without buying any buildings" then I would assume that, yes, clicking on the bunnies is allowed
    edited March 11
    Ah OK. In that case I suppose you click on the bunnies and hope to eventually get "egg". Baking a million would take quite a while though, even with the boosts from other eggs.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Once you have "egg" it's only about 30 hours of waiting to get a million. But you also have to get Lucky enough times to be able to buy "egg", which I think is 999÷13=77 times.
    edited March 29
    You wouldn't have to wait that long, once you have 'egg', as long as you have at least 1 Prestige point. The more you have, the faster it goes, after the first couple of seconds.

It would only take a couple of seconds for 'egg' to generate the 11 cookies you need to bump your Prestige multiplier to 5%, boosting your CPS, then about 20 minutes more to get to the second PP upgrade (to 25% )at 1111 cookies.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    I imagine we're in a Born Again run here.

Also, technically, it's possible to get to an arbitrary number of cookies without buying any buildings or upgrades or clicking the big cookie, as long as you're really, really patient and dedicated. Just get Lucky a whole lot.
    If they're in a Born-again run, then they only have the 7 days of the naturally-occurring "Easter" to do it in because they won't be able to switch seasons, or buy Easter. Just getting the Luckies needed to buy 'egg' is 24 hours, using the statistical average time for spawning and the statistical probability for getting a Lucky from any cookie.