Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Best pantheon configuration

2»

Comments

• ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    Scruuia should only be slotted in the moment before you pop your wrinklers, into the diamond slot. Thus Jeremy is a much better choice for the jade slot (well, considering you're playing passively, much better to have him in ruby for active play).
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Scruuia should only be slotted in the moment before you pop your wrinklers, into the diamond slot.

...and, presumably, left in the slot after popping, until all the wrinklers have respawned?
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25

...and, presumably, left in the slot after popping, until all the wrinklers have respawned?

No, it only matters when you're popping the wrinklers. After popping them, you can switch back.

Oh right, it causes wrinklers to appear faster, so yeah, you can leave it in until all the wrinklers have spawned.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod

Yep. No reason not to let it sit there for 5 minutes.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

That is not at all how it works. Skruuia only applies at the moment you pop your wrinklers, same with Wrinklerspawn for example.

How do you know this?

I only just realised why that spirit is named Jeremy! Maybe I'm just slow... guess members in certain other countries would have picked it up immediately.

wtf are you talking about Bob

edited July 25

How do you know this?

Here's the code implementing Skruuia's sucking effect. It is within the function for popping a wrinkler.
    if (Game.hasGod) { var godLvl=Game.hasGod('scorn'); if (godLvl==1) me.sucked*=1.15; else if (godLvl==2) me.sucked*=1.1; else if (godLvl==3) me.sucked*=1.05; }
    So what that means is it just multiplies the amount sucked when you pop the wrinkler, rather than actually changing the amount sucked while the spirit is active. Skruuia's text is misleading.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    edited July 25
    Billabo said:

How do you know this?

Here's the code implementing Skruuia's sucking effect. It is within the function for popping a wrinkler.
    if (Game.hasGod) { var godLvl=Game.hasGod('scorn'); if (godLvl==1) me.sucked*=1.15; else if (godLvl==2) me.sucked*=1.1; else if (godLvl==3) me.sucked*=1.05; }
    So what that means is it just multiplies the amount sucked when you pop the wrinkler, rather than actually changing the amount sucked while the spirit is active. Skruuia's text is misleading.
    Thanks for that. Would I be right in guessing that the other things that enhance wrinkler output, Sacrilegous Corruption and Wrinklerspawn, work the same way? From the user's point of view it makes no difference whether the increase occurs throughout the lifetime of the wrinkler or just at the moment of popping, since those two upgrades are not things you can switch in and out, unlike Skruuia, where it does make a difference.

I only just realised why that spirit is named Jeremy! Maybe I'm just slow... guess members in certain other countries would have picked it up immediately.

wtf are you talking about Bob
    It's Jeremy Corbyn!

Thanks for that. Would I be right in guessing that the other things that enhance wrinkler output, Sacrilegous Corruption and Wrinklerspawn, work the same way?

Correct, they each multiply the amount sucked by 1.05 whenever a wrinkler is popped.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 160 ✭✭

According to my spreadsheet the best assignment of spirits in slots is:

Diamond: Mokalsium
    Ruby: Holobore
    Jade: Skruuia

Not for me. I just opened up a second window, replaced Jeremy with Skuuria and my CPS dropped from 23.8 to 23.1. As you say though, probably dependent upon individuals' building total and level positions.

Jez said:

According to my spreadsheet the best assignment of spirits in slots is:

Diamond: Mokalsium
    Ruby: Holobore
    Jade: Skruuia

Not for me. I just opened up a second window, replaced Jeremy with Skuuria and my CPS dropped from 23.8 to 23.1. As you say though, probably dependent upon individuals' building total and level positions.

Well since I made that post my understanding of how Skruuia operated has been corrected. Now that I know the boost only happens at the moment the wrinklers are popped, I agree that Jeremy is better than Skruuia in the Jade slot.

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I think I found confirmation that Jeremy does actually only affect the buildings, not the global multiplier. I sold all my buildings and bought back 11 cursors, and they were producing just over 50% of the total.

Cursors only have three doubler upgrades, so with no other buildings they produce 0.8 CpS times the multiplier. And 8.8 < 9, but 8.8 × 1.03 > 9. That 3% from Jeremy affected only the eleven cursors, not the rest of production, putting them over 50% of the total.

This is a really extremely important difference that has a massive effect on overall production. Do not confuse "buildings produce 3% more" with "global multiplier +3%".

I think I found confirmation that Jeremy does actually only affect the buildings, not the global multiplier. I sold all my buildings and bought back 11 cursors, and they were producing just over 50% of the total.

Cursors only have three doubler upgrades, so with no other buildings they produce 0.8 CpS times the multiplier. And 8.8 < 9, but 8.8 × 1.03 > 9. That 3% from Jeremy affected only the eleven cursors, not the rest of production, putting them over 50% of the total.

This is a really extremely important difference that has a massive effect on overall production. Do not confuse "buildings produce 3% more" with "global multiplier +3%".

I'm obviously not understanding something here. You say "That 3% from Jeremy affected only the eleven cursors, not the rest of production". What rest of production? Didn't you sell everything else, so cursors would have been the only thing producing? (Except possibly "egg".)

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    "egg".
    ^^ Sorry, I missed your sarcasm. :)
    Has anyone played around with Cyclius? There is obviously no net benefit to leaving it in a slot, but switching it for something else after few hours should theoretically be beneficial, if the cycle always starts at zero and increases. Does anyone know if this is how the spirit operates or is the amount and/or direction of the boost randomly generated upon slotting?

• DrathukDrathuk Member Posts: 8
    edited August 28
    Yes, Cyclius is set and not random for me it starts positive at 5pm pst. So I slot it then, and take it out in the morning. I usually get a few hours of negative buff, so it is less than the 3.75 average boost for 24 hour time frame. Best use is in jade slot imho.
    I haven't been using it, but according to the Wikia, the cycle runs according to Universal Time, with one of the negative to positive crossover points always occurring at 0000 UTC.

I haven't been using it, but according to the Wikia, the cycle runs according to Universal Time, with one of the negative to positive crossover points always occurring at 0000 UTC.

Cool that's 10am for me

I've just noticed my CPS declining as I'm trying to calculate each building CPS from purchasing and subtracting etc. Cyclius on the downslope of the CPS boost makes it harder to accurately assess CPS per building which is the foundation of my buying strategy. I've just got to wait a couple of hours until it's time to take Cyclius out of the slot again but this new info may be relevant to whomever.

2»