Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Forum Empire - Post to the top!

Comments

• MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    Okay, so did my software installation on the hacked computer work? Also, I thought that you got 10 FP each level. Yeah, I do have a lvl 2 domain though.

My action: Finish installing the software on to the hacked computer, log out and leave it how it was, then head back to my basement and see if anyone logs into the computer I hacked.
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christ, I got a few hundred FP?

Let's put 10 FP into each stat for now, and what are the special bonuses I can buy?
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • maindogmaindog Posts: 1,545Member ✭✭✭
    Holy postfarm Batman!
    R.I.P. Lilly
  • CalamityCalamity Posts: 15,095Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you gain experience at post milestones. So that means you can progress by playing other forum games.

Account level is different from domain level everyone.

@MrMonkey7th
    = Active Computer - Dale's - has logged on =
    = Browser: ~Amazawsh~ = (Search://Building Supplies)

They don't seem to be longing in yet still to their account.

@Rir you can buy a car, and or create a champion. This champion acts much like you but can act independently and you can even reap the benefits. Just give me the run down on what they look like, maybe their duties as well which can always change.

The car gets you paid faster and more.

@everyone looking for someone to help moderate this thread. they would be awarded a title for their help. What I need help with specifically is managing the actions of so many people . Put simply respond and reward based on guidelines I give you. I would be more than willing to explain the mechanics in a PM. I wish to focus on writing up more content and to get a framework for the game worked out as it seems chaotic. Do so for a month and you shall receive a special vehicle. if you, however, do something against my rough guidelines which I shall lay out there will be consequences. Severe ones.
    Compete with others to become the strongest of all! (Forum Game)
  • LefianLefian Posts: 1,912Member ✭✭✭
    Attempt to nab a fancy-looking necklace when none of the store-dudes are looking. Stuff it into my back pocket.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
    @Lefian there are cameras in malls you know.
    Hm, right.
    I survey the camera's positions and walk to a region where a camera can't see me- mind you, with the necklace in hand.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Do Champions have the same Domain as the main player character?

Also, let's start looking around the house for valuable things.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    @Lefian
    Eyes are on your person as a security guard begins to walk over.

@Rir, you find a fancy watch hidden in the back of some coats on a hanger.

As for champions, they dont have the same domain. They are domainless until they reach level 50 which can be reached by spending FP on them. 1 FP gives 500 EXP to them.
    Keep watching them
    e^i*π=-1
    I walk over to a nearby isle and pretend to be interesting in tampons.
    edited May 2017
    Swipe the watch, keep looking around.

Would a Champion's Domain have to be the same as the player's?

Also, appearance for Toby + Champion's app.

Toby's Appearance: Fairly tall man, I'd say standing at 6'1". Black hair covering one eye. Both eyes glow red with power consistently. ((Gonna change the trail color when he runs to red, too.)) He generally wears a red hoodie with a T-shirt underneath, black jeans and red sneakers.

Champion Name: Sarah
    Champion Appearance: Sarah is, when compared to Toby, fairly short, about 5'3". She has ginger hair down to her chest, and blue eyes that glow when excited. She generally wears a white winter jacket over a blue long-sleeved shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.
    Champion's Duties: She's essentially Toby's partner in crime.
    Other Details: Toby's sister. Has an odd "inverse effect" to her brain; it's easier for her to deal with complex stuff than simple stuff.

Likewise, her portion of her and Toby's "home" (the basement of their mother's house, as is dictated in "what you start out with"; their mother put up a wall to separate the basement in half, making each an individual room) is a complex labyrinth, yet somehow she understands it perfectly, right down to the downright bizarre lock on her front door. She, herself, doubts she could ever live in a normal house.
    Post edited by ¤RunninginReverse¤ on
    ---
    Soundcloud
    @Rir
    Champions dont get domains until level 50 like I said.

@lefian ...why?

@Everyone
    Action Point System, or AP for short is a system that I made that is far more suitable for this game. What it is, is a new type of resource that can be spent each post. Each action almost always is assured, unless you are doing what is called a revolutionary action which will be expanded on later. Unless it is deemed that and your luck and stats are sufficient enough. Depending on what action you do you shall progress. Guaranteed actions are 10 AP. The ones that aren't guaranteed reward you greater cash! At a greater risk to your future.

If there is some area in which I am lacking AP events that you can do please let me know. Just finished my HW, and typed what I could think of. Or if the order of some events should be swapped let me know.

Maximum AP increases on level up by 10. AP resets every page. The AP system replaces normal actions as to provide a more stable way to reward play

There are different types of actions. Everyone starts with 20 AP.

< - Physical Training - >
    Stretch - 10 AP
    Pushups - 15 AP
    Jog - 20 AP
    Yoga - 25 AP
    Pull Ups - 40 AP

< - Mental Training - >
    Read a picture book - 10 AP
    Read a short story - 15 AP
    Meditate - 20 AP
    Read a novel - 25 AP
    Read the dictionary - 40 AP
    Learn another language - 100 AP

< - Hacking - >
    Hack a nobody - 10 AP
    Hack someone rich - 15 AP
    Hack an official - 20 AP
    Hack an offshore account - 25 AP
    Set up a proxy - 30 AP (Destroys the proxy instead of the user if caught)
    Hack a banking firm - 40 AP

< - Burglary - >
    Haggling - 10 AP
    Mug - 15 AP
    Pickpocket - 20 AP
    Rob a Bank - 25 AP
    Steal from a Museum - 40 AP

< - Attacking - >
    Punch - 10 AP
    Kick - 15 AP
    Roundhouse kick - 20 AP
    Uppercut - 25 AP
    Chokehold - 40 AP
    Shoot - 100 AP (Requires: Gun, Gun Permit, Bullets)

< - Group - >
    Initiate Gang War (Requires: Gang) - 10 AP
    Initiate Town Take Over (Requires Town's Gangs to be dominated/assimilated) - 15 AP
    Initiate City-wide turf war - 20 AP
    Initiate City Take Over (Requires Capital to be occupied) - 25 AP
    Initiate Country-wide turf war - 40 AP

< - Practical Skills - >
    Dodge Cones While Driving - 50 AP (Requires: Car)
    Target Practice - 50 AP (Requires Gun permit)
    Live Physical Combat Training - 50 AP
    Learn The Art of Dancing - 50 AP
    Yeah, but when the Domain is available, would it have to be the same as mine, or can it be something else?

Toby continues looking around.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    To get that dang security guard off of my back.

Yeah, but when the Domain is available, would it have to be the same as mine, or can it be something else?

Toby continues looking around.

It can be something different. Or the same, it's up to you when the domain of the champion reaches level 50.
    Lefian said:

To get that dang security guard off of my back.

The security guard slowly walks down another isle.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,227Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    My domain is shadow
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
    Toby's still looking around the house.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    Is there a difference between your domain level and your character level?

My action is to hack another computer for 10 AP. If either of the 2 users I have hacked do anything interesting, notify me.
    e^i*π=-1
    Your account level is your characters level. Your champions level is a unique variable different from the account level.

@Runninginreverse
    has found twenty bucks in the couch.

@Brainstorm
    what was your latest action?

@MrMonkey7th
    Specify what you hack. I need to know what tier of hacking it is that you are doing
    I hack a nobody for 10 AP
    e^i*π=-1
    @MrMonkey7th You gain 26 dollars after they log onto Fashionbook to buy credit useable on the site.
    Continue watching my 2 hacked computers for any other interesting goings on...
    e^i*π=-1
    Keep searching the house. Swipe anything valuable I come across automatically.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    Alright, now that I got the necklace, make my way out of the store.
    Just to let you guys know, I am revamping the experience system. Many systems actually. Your levels may change. To compensate for any potential losses when I organise and refine the systems you shall receive 20 FP.

Reply to this pl0x
    ---
    Soundcloud
    I am moving and completing all the data onto google sheets. I am also working on a way for players to fight each other by implementing another stat for health which is dependent on stamina.

Another thing, anybody that becomes a mod gets a perk that allows them to store items in the event that you die. This can also be purchased for FP, the cost is massive if you gain the perk this way. When you become a mod you will save for the cost.

Reply to this pl0x
    . . .

Here's a tip; You'll be much better at running forum games if you don't ignore posts. ;)
    ---
    Soundcloud
    The system is getting changed. It is taking all of my attention at the moment. I do see your post though. I would reply if I knew what to reward you, I dont. I have to scale everything. Im thinking of rewarding experience for every action. Tell me what you think.