Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Should we demod vanillajohn and put someone else in his place?

RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Member, Flagger Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 26 in Off Topic
@vanillajohn has had literally ZERO activity since he joined, and he's a mod?

I get it, he works for Vanilla, but come on, does he even care about this forum?

I say we demod him and put someone else in his place, preferably someone like @MasterSparky.
RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.

Should we demod vanillajohn and put someone else in his place? 14 votes

Yes, and put someone else in his place (say who in comments)
28%
¤RunninginReverse¤AbsolCarmoryBrainstorm 4 votes
Yes, but we don't need a new mod just yet
28%
Jarr2003KarlolinLefian222lawlawlawl_games 4 votes
No
42%
UiomancantDarkmatterfireBillaboAgubhaguadam_antichristBreadstick 6 votes

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure if anyone is a good choice for the position, though...As much as we need one.

I would volunteer, but I'm not sure I could handle the responsibility. Or the urge to proudly announce "getttttt dunked on!!!!" if I ban someone.
    C҉a҉n҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉ ҉f҉e҉e҉l҉ ҉t҉h҉e҉ ҉d҉a҉r҉k҉n҉e҉s҉s҉ ҉c҉r҉a҉w҉l҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉w҉i҉t҉h҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉r҉ ҉s҉i҉n҉s҉?҉
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭
    (Me)
    Someone who is probably very active
    (Me)
    And cares about the forums so much
    (Me)
    And wants what's best for it
    (Me)
    And will always give people the punishment they deserve...
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • CarmoryCarmory Member, Wiener Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭
    Dilk should be mod xddddddddd
    "Nozomi is an ugly, fat cow." ~Shonic
    Carmory said:

That's an even worse idea than terrorism

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
  • CarmoryCarmory Member, Wiener Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭

Carmory said:

That's an even worse idea than terrorism
    Are you saying that Dilk is LITERALLY worse than Hitler?
    "Nozomi is an ugly, fat cow." ~Shonic
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no point of keeping him as a mod, but I don't think we need a new mod at the moment. The current moderation is fine.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭
    Although I'd love to suggest somebody, I'm too unfamiliar with this forum and it's members, along what it's members think that makes for a good moderator.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sounds like something a mod should be posting?
    Oh, I'm sorry. did you not realise this is a dictatorship? your democracy will have to be moved elsewhere.

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    If he never logs in here anyway, him being a mod isn't hurting anything.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

If he never logs in here anyway, him being a mod isn't hurting anything.

There's a limited number of moderator slots - we can't recruit someone else if an inactive mod is taking up a slot.
    C҉a҉n҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉ ҉f҉e҉e҉l҉ ҉t҉h҉e҉ ҉d҉a҉r҉k҉n҉e҉s҉s҉ ҉c҉r҉a҉w҉l҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉w҉i҉t҉h҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉r҉ ҉s҉i҉n҉s҉?҉
  • ChisakoChisako Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 Mod

There's a limited number of moderator slots - we can't recruit someone else if an inactive mod is taking up a slot.

Where does that piece of "information" even come from?
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • AgubhaguAgubhagu Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    No
    vanillajohn did nothing wrong
    *insert sarcasm*
    *insert quote* *insert own quote*
    *insert discussion link* *insert other links* *insert dragons*
    *free insert space* *insert meta**insert funny*
    *insert proper signature*
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    No
    literal best mod is one who hasn't even looked at the site for 2.5 years. That's how you mod.

edited February 27

I could have sworn I read it somewhere, even on the forum, during a previous debate. Let's see if I can dig it up...

EDIT: Looks like Opti denied the information in this thread. Scroll through and you'll find it after a minute or so.

I could have sworn I read it somewhere, even on the forum, during a previous debate. Let's see if I can dig it up...

EDIT: Looks like Opti denied the information in this thread. Scroll through and you'll find it after a minute or so.
    Maybe it just goes for Admins, because, y'know, paychecks and stuff...

The staff is non-paid, to my knowledge.

Wow, then why do they even work?
    No wonder vanillajohn never moderates, his future is filled with community work
    (PS: as far as I know, it's moderators that are not paid, administrator are supposed to be)

(PS: as far as I know, it's moderators that are not paid, administrator are supposed to be)
    Moderators work to help the community they likely spent a long time in thus far to be considered for that slot, but that should be a given. Makes sense that Vanillajohn doesn't actually do any work, since he literally got it just because he's a guy from Vanilla, not because he fucking earned the spot.

And, I always thought the entire staff team was non-paid...I could be wrong, though.
  • ChisakoChisako Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 Mod
    I'm limited to the information that i can give about all this... but here are a few things

- Our staff (neither moderators nor admins) is not paid in any form, requesting assistance from vanilla might be different but i don't know any details as i am "just" a mod here
    - vanillajohn is an account that has moderator level access in case trouble shooting is needed (on vanillas end - usually opti and ort fix stuff on their own as long as it is something not too complicated and accessible)
    - the forum hosting is not for free but we can waive ad-income here as it is paid through CC ads and donations, whatever is missing (if that happens) is paid by opti and ort iirc

The thought of moderators/admins being paid comes from bigger forums where you actually hire people to do that work for you. This forum is not big enough to warrant paying people for this kind of activity though.
    We simply do it because we want to keep the forums clean and enjoyable.

Maybe one does understand now why we are simply banning people and don't feel like arguing about their behavior for too long all the time. After all we are not getting paid for this and it's just our personal time that is wasted for nothing then, at the same time, those that are acting bad do not bring any money to this whole "project" thus we have no obligation to keep them around. It's not our "job" to satisfy customers but our will to have nice acting people here that like to talk about stuff.

I hope that adds some insight to the matter before anyone makes assumptions.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • PurgePurge Member, Friendly, Helpful Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make me a mod, what could go wrong
    ""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
    Purge said:

Make me a mod, what could go wrong

I'm fairly certain you've been sub-mod before, and it didn't end well. ((Another thing I might be getting wrong, however.))