Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

DashNet Forums Wikia (yet again)

Comments

• DarkyDarky Posts: 958Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a PSA: {{Users}} already adds the Users category to pages.

I saw @DarkSoul1800 doing this earlier, and since it's minor, I have no issues with it, but for future reference, the only categories you have to manually add to pages are things such as the pre-2.better badges/roles.

Yea I added "User" to the categories, idk but I saw this on other pages before and I thought it needs to be on the other ones too.
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just a PSA: {{Users}} already adds the Users category to pages.

I saw @DarkSoul1800 doing this earlier, and since it's minor, I have no issues with it, but for future reference, the only categories you have to manually add to pages are things such as the pre-2.better badges/roles.

Yea I added "User" to the categories, idk but I saw this on other pages before and I thought it needs to be on the other ones too.
    "User" is made redundant by "Users", so that's pretty much unnecessary.
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,374Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Never mind, those are legitimate edits.
    edited September 2016
  • GardevoirGardevoir Posts: 522Member ✭✭✭
    I updated the "Gardevoir Incident" page and made it less one-sided. No need to thanks me.

edited September 2016
    Gardevoir said:

I updated the "Gardevoir Incident" page and made it less one-sided. No need to thanks me.

And by that, you mean you removed anything that could possibly be seen as being negative towards you, and you also put the blame on Zicit, despite the fact you could have ignored him bumping the thread and decided to continue it anyways. And you're using the wiki as a tool just to harass people.

Good job. You get yourself a warning.

Continuing to do this sort of thing will get you banned, and don't even try bringing up the situation on this thread or you will be banned, in addition to reported to the forum mods for derailing of this thread.
    edited September 2016

Gardevoir said:

And by that, you mean you removed anything that could possibly be seen as being negative towards you, and you also put the blame on Zicit, despite the fact you could have ignored him bumping the thread and decided to continue it anyways. And you're using the wiki as a tool just to harass people.

Continuing to do this sort of thing will get you banned, and don't even try bringing up the situation on this thread or you will be banned, in addition to reported to the forum mods for derailing of this thread.
    First of all mister Owner, I tried to make it as fair and non-biased as I could, for example by replacing stuff like "Gabidou was wrong!!1" with "Controversial".

The literal only minor-blame I put on Zicit was about the Necrobump thing I changed once. You seems to ignores the fact that not only he necrobumped the thread, but posted misinformation, insults and other shit about me. You think this is okay but me editing a wikia article is worse than hitler? You're funny. Oh, and I'd like an example of "Using the wiki to harasses people," too.

Why am I not surprised. You quite literally get enraged at anybody that disagrees with you and in this case, threats them. I mean, I do acts up when someone disagrees with me too, but you're easily worse.

To summarize, you're threatening to ban an user because he edited a wikia article and made minor-ish changes and tried to being honest as much as possible. Do you considers yourself a good admin of the wikia? If I want to, I simply have to use a VPN or similar if I want to edit the article in the future which wasn't anything close or related to a "raid" "vandalism".

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

First of all mister Owner, I tried to make it as fair and non-biased as I could, for example by replacing stuff like "Gabidou was wrong!!1" with "Controversial".

The literal only minor-blame I put on Zicit was about the Necrobump thing I changed once. You seems to ignores the fact that not only he necrobumped the thread, but posted misinformation, insults and other shit about me. You think this is okay but me editing a wikia article is worse than hitler? You're funny. Oh, and I'd like an example of "Using the wiki to harasses people," too.

Why am I not surprised. You quite literally get enraged at anybody that disagrees with you and in this case, threats them. I mean, I do acts up when someone disagrees with me too, but you're easily worse.

To summarize, you're threatening to ban an user because he edited a wikia article and made minor-ish changes and tried to being honest as much as possible. Do you considers yourself a good admin of the wikia? If I want to, I simply have to use a VPN or similar if I want to edit the article in the future which wasn't anything close or related to a "raid" "vandalism".
    First and foremost, the Wiki rules say not to post "flame bait" (edits that basically mean nothing but harm towards other users) and no "edit wars" (repeating undoing edits). You're ignoring both. You undid me undoing the page, and that'd be fine if you gave me a civilized post asking why it was undone and did NOT argue in a disruptive manner like this.

"The literal only minor-blame I put on Zicit was about the Necrobump thing I changed once. You seems to ignores the fact that not only he necrobumped the thread, but posted misinformation, insults and other shit about me. You think this is okay but me editing a wikia article is worse than hitler? You're funny.

"Oh, and I'd like an example of "Using the wiki to harasses people," too."
    You pinned the blame on the necrobump on Zicit. You could've easily ignored it, and you kept going anyways. And you're basically editing the wiki to make it seem as though Zicit was the main person in the wrong with that bump. For being "unbiased" you certainly seem insistent Zicit did the most harm there. And believe it or not, that's called bias.

And now, you're blatantly derailing the thread despite me telling you not to, threatening to vandalize and ban evade. Keep in mind I do not take threats of vandalism lightly. It's like you want a wiki-wide permaban and to be reported to forum staff.

In which case, I'm willing to help you in doing so. You're welcome.
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,034Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    isn't there like a "discuss edits" page for exact that?
    i don't mind the thread much but could you please not argue the whole thing on dashnet?
    thank you
    You want your ad here?
    Call 555-NOPE
    edited September 2016
    Oh boy here we go.

First and foremost, the Wiki rules say not to post "flame bait" (edits that basically mean nothing but harm towards other users) and no "edit wars" (repeating undoing edits). You're ignoring both. You undid me undoing the page, and that'd be fine if you gave me a civilized post asking why it was undone and did NOT argue in a disruptive manner like this.

And what kind of "harm" did I do against ANY users? Since when changing stuff like "Gabidou is wrung and unsensitive!!1" to a more generally agreeable "Controversial" was trying to Flamebait, harms other users or shit? At the writting of this post I've only undo your edit *one* time, which is not "Repeated". Lastly, I'm not the one being disruptive when you're immediately threats people to ban them simply because you disagrees with them, flagging my post as "Spam" simply because you do not agrees with it, and so on.
    You pinned the blame on the necrobump on Zicit. You could've easily ignored it, and you kept going anyways. And you're basically editing the wiki to make it seem as though Zicit was the main person in the wrong with that bump. For being "unbiased" you certainly seem insistent Zicit did the most harm there. And believe it or not, that's called bias.

Even then, kindly explains me how is this """"Harassment"""? Not to mentions, if you did made a bit of researches, you should know Zicit indeed necrobumped the thread himself and started posting shit about me.
    And now, you're blatantly derailing the thread despite me telling you not to, threatening to vandalize and ban evade. Keep in mind I do not take threats of vandalism lightly. It's like you want a wiki-wide permaban and to be reported to forum staff.

Making one minor change on one line of text is "Vandalism" because I have a different view on the topic. What a world we live in. Anyway, my first post simply announced that I made a couple of slight edits an article in the wiki, which was perfectly on-topic before you starts posting threats yourself.

I'm gonna kindly asks you to rethink of the things you post and realize that I am not trying to be "Offensive", "threatening" or anything you're making out to be.
    Chisako said:

isn't there like a "discuss edits" page for exact that?
    i don't mind the thread much but could you please not argue the whole thing on dashnet?
    thank you

He quick perma-banned me for having a different opinion, unfortunately.

These arguments never truly die, they just reincarnate. Which is why I need you to seek out the legendary Sword of Frost to slay it!
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,323Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    Hmm, looks like someone mixed up the Spam button with the Disagree button.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can make an agreement that people involved in a particular drama cannot edit posts on the specific event that caused the drama? No more arguments about whether edits are biased or unbiased, and it can be easier to have a more neutral view if you really just spectated the event.
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud
    edited September 2016
    Billabo said:

I explicitly told him continuing these arguments is seen as derailing the thread, and I would flag them for spam for that reason.

He continued the arguments, and the thread's still derailing.

Also, he kinda threatened to ban evade, something against Wikia's ToS.
    Gardevoir said:

If I want to, I simply have to use a VPN or similar if I want to edit the article in the future which wasn't anything close or related to a "raid" "vandalism".

Billabo said:

I explicitly told him continuing these arguments is seen as derailing the thread, and I would flag them for spam for that reason.
    Then you should have used Off Topic.

Billabo said:

Then you should have used Off Topic.
    Off-topic only hides posts and doesn't even remove points; the entire reaction is basically rendered moot due to the existence of the spam reaction, since it does everything it can do, but better.

Now, stop with this arguing. It's derailing the thread. I explicitly told him what the rules were and what not to do, and he broke the rules anyways, and threatened me in the process. That's pretty obviously against the rules of not just the wiki, but of the forums, since he basically is intentionally provoking me and being disruptive. And I reported him as such.
    edited September 2016

He continued the argument, and the thread's still derailing.

Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true.

How is simply announcing that I made some slights edits in one article derailing? If anything, it's more of your fault for "derailing" your own thread because you reply and threatened a perfectly on-topic post that wasn't mentioning anyone at all, AKA a 100% innocent post, not to mentions the thread is actually still on topic; Dashnet Forum Wikia. Argument doesn't mean the thread has gone off-topic. You are your own worst enemy

Ok maybe I shouldn't do that, but that said, where did you find this "rule" from? I looked both the Terms of Use and the Community Guideline along with a few more rules-related things, I see nothing mentioning ban-evading. Speaking about Wikia's rules, you made that "Gardevoir incident" page without my consent and it includes intimidation to me:

edited September 2016
    Gardevoir said:

He continued the argument, and the thread's still derailing.

Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true.

How is simply announcing that I made some slights edits in one article derailing? If anything, it's more of your fault for "derailing" your own thread because you reply and threatened a perfectly on-topic post that wasn't mentioning anyone at all, AKA a 100% innocent post, not to mentions the thread is actually still on topic; Dashnet Forum Wikia. Argument doesn't mean the thread has gone off-topic. You are your own worst enemy

Ok maybe I shouldn't do that, but that said, where did you find this "rule" from? I looked both the Terms of Use and the Community Guideline along with a few more rules-related things, I see nothing mentioning ban-evading. Speaking about Wikia's rules, you made that "Gardevoir incident" page without my consent and it includes intimidation to me:

It's pretty much widely accepted that ban evasion via "sockpuppets" is against the rules. What you threatened to do falls under a bannable usage of a sockpuppet.

And, again, for someone supposedly not biased, you certainly seem eager to resort to name calling, blaming other people via refusing to ever accept you could possibly ever be the one in the wrong, and painting everything you do in a perfect light.
    Gardevoir said:

If anything, it's more of your fault for "derailing" your own thread because you reply and threatened a perfectly on-topic post that wasn't mentioning anyone at all, AKA a 100% innocent post, not to mentions the thread is actually still on topic; Dashnet Forum Wikia. Argument doesn't mean the thread has gone off-topic. You are your own worst enemy

Apparently, I am my own worst enemy, and I threatened a "perfectly innocent post" that was flat-out announcing you basically edited a page that wasn't showing BurntCookie in a negative enough light for sharing depression.

Now, quit this immediately. I'm calling the moderators. I explicitly told you that you to quit this arguing, and you are not listening; instead, you're opting to be disruptive, derail the thread, and continuously argue.

I don't know how long it will take for you to understand the concept of following rules, but it better be soon, before I have to take even more extensive measures than I already have.

I told you not to do this and you're still doing it; you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    edited September 2016
    It's pretty much widely accepted that ban evasion via "sockpuppets" is against the rules. What you threatened to do falls under a bannable usage of a sockpuppet.

I fail to any "sockpuppets" as a word in Wikia rule pages. Furthermor, I never said I'd pretend to be another person while going as a guest acccount.

And, again, for someone supposedly not biased, you certainly seem eager to resort to name calling, blaming other people via refusing to ever accept you could possibly ever be the one in the wrong, and painting everything you do in a perfect light.

Again, the closest I got to "Blame" someone was making a petty mentions of Zicit bumping the thread, that's literally it. You're clearly overreacting and pretends the stuff I did was 10x big and threatening than it actually is.

Apparently, I am my own worst enemy, and I threatened a "perfectly innocent post" that was flat-out announcing you basically edited a page that wasn't showing BurntCookie in a negative enough light for sharing depression.

Read above. Honestly, I'm starting to wonders if you have mental problems, because I didn't even added or changed the word "Burnt" or "Cookie" while editing the article. I'm gonna remind you once again that all I did was changing some words to a more agreeable and less one sided "Controversial", "attempted", etc.

Now, quit this immediately. I'm calling the moderators. I explicitly told you that you to quit this arguing, and you are not listening; instead, you're opting to be disruptive, derail the thread, and continuously argue.

Look at yourself, you're trying to minimod now. And no, being the OP of this thread and owner of the Wikia doesn't justifies it.

I don't know how long it will take for you to understand the concept of following rules, but it better be soon, before I have to take even more extensive measures than I already have.

Say the person who is wrongly using the Spam Flag multiple time at someone who isn't spamming at all and did nothing but announce that he edited an article. Minimodding is also a bannable offense on a lot of chats/forums.

edited September 2016
    Gardevoir said:

(i'm not even going to bother)

Literally all of your arguments basically amount to one big "NO, YOU'RE THE WRONG ONE HERE!" with zero elaboration. As if you saying that immediately makes you the one in the right, and anybody against you in the wrong. And this isn't even the first time you tried pulling this sort of argument.

Clearly, you're too dense to even argue with. You can't even accept anything beyond the idea that you're always right and anybody who says otherwise is a "liar" and is worth being disruptive over. Seriously, you're going to pin the blame for this thread derailing on me. I made the thread, and you try to blame it on me.

It's like giving a newborn puppy a shoe and blaming the puppy when the shoe gets torn to shreds, since the puppy must've dragged the shoe from where it was before to where it was chewing it up. It's a newborn puppy, it's completely impossible for that to be true, and you just look like an idiot.

Honestly, it makes me wonder who's actually the stupider one in this argument; you, or me for trying to argue with you and expecting you to listen? It's pretty obvious that arguing with you is feeble, since you probably can't even process the concept that you could be wrong whatsoever.

No more of this. Any more replies will be flagged for spam due to thread derailing and reported to the moderators accordingly. This derailing has gone on far longer than it had any right to. But I bet you won't even listen to me when I say that, and go ahead and post another wall of text and flag this post while accusing me of derailing the thread. Wouldn't surprise me anymore, to be honest.
    edited September 2016

Gardevoir said:

(i'm not even going to bother)

Literally all of your arguments basically amount to one big "NO, YOU'RE THE WRONG ONE HERE!" with zero elaboration. As if you saying that immediately makes you the one in the right, and anybody against you in the wrong. And this isn't even the first time you tried pulling this sort of argument.

Clearly, you're too dense to even argue with. You can't even accept anything beyond the idea that you're always right and anybody who says otherwise is a "liar" and is worth being disruptive over. It makes me wonder who's actually the stupider one in this argument; you, or me for trying to argue with you and expecting you to listen?

No more of this. Any more replies will be flagged for spam due to thread derailing and reported to the moderators accordingly. This derailing has gone on far longer than it had any right to. But I bet you won't even listen to me when I say that, and go ahead and post another wall of text and flag this post while accusing me of derailing the thread. Wouldn't surprise me anymore, to be honest.
    I'd like to know your definition of "Zero elaboration" because I'm clearly putting thoughts and explanations into my arguments.

Since the start you're mostly trying to minimod, wrongly flagging my posts multiple time and post blatantly exaggerated claims such as that I use the wiki to "Harasses other users" just because I made one minor edit mentioning Zicit bumping the thread, "Derailing" the thread when I did nothing but make a post announcing that I've edited an article and nothing else, and so on. Looking back at your argument, you hasn't made any real arguments against them and instead mostly repeats the same argument over and over again. You fail to defends your point and instead start posting insults and actual threats such as reporting to moderators and flagging my posts, and more.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah, calm down there people.

"Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to tip the ends on this
    @Gardevoir I haven't really seen anything you done worth noting, but you shouldn't really be arguing much about it, it's his wiki, and he can do whatever he wants with it.

@Cookiewoodstock I think gardevoir's edit was pretty fittish, and if not, much better than what it used to be, I can not argue with your warning, as it is your wiki, but I wish that you get the best of your wiki, and as you made a public editing wiki, you have to face the consequences of overlapping sides, to counter that, though, you must talk well with both overlapping sides and see which one deserves what.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
    Zuptin said:

What Chisy said.

It isn't on dashnet so we don't control it.
    If you make a website it's your responsibility, it's nothing to do with DNF, unless we have sufficient evidence from a trusted source we can't do much.

both of you need to stop abusing the flag system simply because you do not agree with whats been said, I'm pretty sure there are reactions for that.

I'm not abusing the flag system, he is. He's minimodding, threatening to ban when I simply announced that I edited an article and nothing else, insulting, accusing me of derailing the thread with no good elaboration and evidences (again I literally just posted an announcement that I've edited one article, that's it).

I would've talked about the edit in the wiki, but CWS quick perma-banned me there, sooooo....

edited September 2016
    I've told you to stop talking about this, and you haven't, instead opting to repeatedly argue about this and derail the thread. Honestly, I might as well make a new thread; this one's only going to be seeing replies that are nothing but off-topic arguing.

I will unban you, but if you continue to derail the thread with nothing but arguing, or make edits that do nothing but cause arguing, or start an edit war, you will be banned again. Needless or baseless accusations towards anybody will not be tolerated and you'll also be banned for that. Failure to follow rules or remain on topic will get you a 2 week ban, at the bare minimum, depending on how severe it goes. I'm not allowing any mess-ups, and you should honestly consider yourself the luckiest man on earth that I'm even bothering with this. The only reason I'm even bothering is that I know you'll just continue to derail this thread otherwise unless I give you another chance.

Again, if you mess up again, you WILL be banned for a first offense, with no exceptions, and no ability to challenge the ban. I'm not going to allow this crude behavior that you've repeatedly shown, and if you keep this up, you're going to be banned, no matter how many times you yell at me, no matter how much you derail the thread, and no matter how much you falsely flag me.

In addition, I'm adding some new rules;
    1. If a page is hit by edit wars, it will be blocked from non-administrator edits for 1 week to 1 month depending on the severity of the edit war. Page history is valuable, and we won't let it be flooded by two people constantly undoing each other's edits.
    2. To prevent arguing from hitting this thread and derailing it, it is now a warn-able offense to continue to derail the thread via arguments, spam, or any other means. This means that if you wish to argue, take it elsewhere, or you'll be appropriately punished for such a thing.
    3. If you wish to challenge a ban, edit revert, or whatever with the staff, don't be a dick about it. That is to say, be civilized. All arguing and blaming will do is extending bans or giving additional warnings for when you are unbanned.

The full rule list can be seen here: http://dashnet-forums.wikia.com/wiki/DashNet_Forums_Wikia:DNF_Wikia_Rules#Our_Rules

The rules are there for a reason. So FOLLOW THEM.
    Post edited by Cookiewoodstock on
    edited September 2016
    I've already made my points about, well, pretty much all the things you mentioned. If anyone is breaking any rules here, it's you. Blantant Minimodding, making exaggerated claims that I've somehow "derailed" the thread for posting "I updated the "Gardevoir Incident" page", this, and more things, and you have yet to make a proper attempt to counter-argument those points. It is also rather hypocritical on how you're blaming me of "making baseless accusations towards other users", yet since the start you're constantly accusing me of "derailing the thread", even tough, again, you have yet to make any proper arguments against my defense.

Look, I know you're trying very, very hard, but you're not making me feel intimidated or threatened at all. If anything, I feel like I'm talking to someone who is legitimately mental, no offense. At this point it's obvious that you're just ignoring my points and repeating the same stuff with more and more minimodding and unnecessary threats everytime you post one more post. It's honestly funny at this point and I wonder if you will stop to rethink of your actions or completely loses your mind first.

This discussion has been closed.