Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Will gays/transgenders etc ever be truly accepted throughout the world?

QunrizQunriz Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Off Topic
Obviously lots of people have been trying to get their point across to support the LGBT community, but still a vast majority does not allow it and dislike it. What are your opinions? Do you believe the world (or atleast majority) would accept them eventually? I understand you may want this to be anonymous, so that's what I've made the poll, but if you wish to openly speak about your opinion you may.

Will gays/transgenders etc ever be truly accepted throughout the world? 16 votes

No
43% 7 votes
Yes
56% 9 votes

Comments

• QunrizQunriz Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Carmory said:

It's impossible for everyone in the world to accept it, there will always be disagreements.

How about the majority? as in around, I don't know, 75%?
  • CarmoryCarmory Member, Wiener Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭
    Qunriz said:

Carmory said:

It's impossible for everyone in the world to accept it, there will always be disagreements.

How about the majority? as in around, I don't know, 75%?
    To ever be "truly accepted", pretty much everyone would have to be on the same page here, 25% is still quite a bit of people.
    ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,271 Mod
    It would help if people said gay/transgendered people instead of the gays and the transgenders...
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe not. God has made us to follow his nature, his creation. Transgendering is one of the most prohibited actions, and even if the whole world accepts it, I will always deny it, and feel pity for those who wish to become a part of it. Period.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billabo said:

It would help if people said gay/transgendered people instead of the gays and the transgenders...

Quit being such a pfirst.

Billabo said:

Quit being such a pfirst.
    What does that mean? This is what I found when I Googled it. http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/bath/collection/pfirstseries
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As time goes on, as long as gays/transgenders are legal, there will eventually be a point where most people are fine with them. It's happened with sexism and racism, and it's going to happen again. Still, as with sexism and racism, there will always be homophobes regardless.

I believe not. God has made us to follow his nature, his creation. Transgendering is one of the most prohibited actions, and even if the whole world accepts it, I will always deny it, and feel pity for those who wish to become a part of it. Period.

1. I doubt the majority of the world will ever be Christian, or any major religion.
    2. If said god cares that much about us staying the way he made us, then why doesn't he mind things like dying your hair or getting a tattoo? If you think about it, they all are changing your body, just in different levels of extreme.
    3. You're kinda stepping into a minefield by posting something like that on Dashnet, but it probably won't be a big deal.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • TheKniferTheKnifer Member Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarr2003 said:

As time goes on, as long as gays/transgenders are legal, there will eventually be a point where most people are fine with them. It's happened with sexism and racism, and it's going to happen again. Still, as with sexism and racism, there will always be homophobes regardless.

1. I doubt the majority of the world will ever be Christian, or any major religion.
    2. If said god cares that much about us staying the way he made us, then why doesn't he mind things like dying your hair or getting a tattoo? If you think about it, they all are changing your body, just in different levels of extreme.
    3. You're kinda stepping into a minefield by posting something like that on Dashnet, but it probably won't be a big deal.
    He's catholic. Christians are like lazy Catholics (Or lazy jews), Catholics were first, but they are harsher, and are less open to new ideas. Christians are open to all cultures and a lot of christian churches accept the LGBT+ community.
    edited June 2016
    TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

He's catholic. Christians are like lazy Catholics (Or lazy jews), Catholics were first, but they are harsher, and are less open to new ideas. Christians are open to all cultures and a lot of christian churches accept the LGBT+ community.
    Catholics are Christian. One of the sects that acknowledges evolution is real.
    (source: was raised Catholic)

Also, Pope Francis encourages more acceptance of gay people. I think worldwide acceptance is on the way, since opposition is mostly for religious reasons and (1) culture overall is becoming more secular and (2) religions are becoming more accepting.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

Still, at least from some google searches, it sounds like Catholics are a sub-branch from Christianity, so as thus me assuming he was Christian was still correct.
    Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

Still, at least from some google searches, it sounds like Catholics are a sub-branch from Christianity, so as thus me assuming he was Christian was still correct.
    That's like saying you can put diesel in your car because gasoline is made from crude oil.
    TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

That's like saying you can put diesel in your car because gasoline is made from crude oil.
    That's not at all the same. Gasoline is made from oil with the purpose of fueling things, and as thus, something made from oil that is not made for fuel purposes probably won't work. Religion, on the other hand, is different. If there is a religion that gets believed by many, then it's likely going to have branching religions from the starting religion that are similar enough to be classified as being apart of the original religion. If said branch has differing beliefs from the main religion, but still has the same core beliefs, then it can still is apart of the original religion.

Think about it this way: say you have several shapes, and all of them are circles except for one square. If you were to organize them by if they have edges, then the square would be the only one with edges. Basically, all of the shapes are shapes, but only one of them has edges. Replace the square with Catholics and replace the circles with Christians.
    edited June 2016
    All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics.
    All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

List of different kinds of Christians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    It doesn't make sense to say that Catholics aren't Christian; they worship Christ, they believe in His resurrection and they follow His teachings.

@Billabo
    "Pfirst" is a reference to person first language.
    edited June 2016

It doesn't make sense to say that Catholics aren't Christian; they worship Christ, they believe in His resurrection, they follow His teachings.

Then does that mean Judaism is christian? What about Islam?
    edited June 2016
    TheKnifer said:

It doesn't make sense to say that Catholics aren't Christian; they worship Christ, they believe in His resurrection, they follow His teachings.

Then does that mean Judaism is christian? What about Islam?
    Judaism does not believe in/worship Jesus as the Christ. Same with Islam. They know Jesus existed, but they just see him as a prophet, not the messiah (savior).
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    I am NOT a christian, I am muslim. In our religion, we believe transgender, tatooing, and stuff like that is prohibited, but a lot of them do it anyways. What does dying hair have to do with this? Said person is not dying his/her genes, just his outer look.

I am not trying to get into fights, I am just saying out my thoughts, and I am not trying to let fights in whatsover. So I believe this thread should be closed, I may not be a longer in this forum, but I do believe such threads will start many fights and eventually swears and death threats, Protection over cure.

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
  • Zonoro13Zonoro13 Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am NOT a christian, I am muslim. In our religion, we believe transgender, tatooing, and stuff like that is prohibited, but a lot of them do it anyways. What does dying hair have to do with this? Said person is not dying his/her genes, just his outer look.

I am not trying to get into fights, I am just saying out my thoughts, and I am not trying to let fights in whatsover. So I believe this thread should be closed, I may not be a longer in this forum, but I do believe such threads will start many fights and eventually swears and death threats, Protection over cure.

Even if being transgender is against your religion, do you think it's okay for non-Muslims to be transgender?
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
    edited June 2016
    Zonoro13 said:

Even if being transgender is against your religion, do you think it's okay for non-Muslims to be transgender?
    If they think it's okay, it's fine, but I still tend to ignore them if I find them picky about it, because I still believe it's a little bit of unacceptable and something of bad decision.

Sorry, my mistake on assuming you were Christian. I meant dying hair changes a person's body, even if temporarily.

Anyways, I don't think that this is an argument that would cause death threats. Dashnet never really has arguments like that.
    Jarr2003 said:

Sorry, my mistake on assuming you were Christian. I meant dying hair changes a person's body, even if temporarily.

Anyways, I don't think that this is an argument that would cause death threats. Dashnet never really has arguments like that.
    Maybe, but everything is possible.

I see we let this argument aside and all just be friends, I will comment no more here unless neccessary.

• Zonoro13Zonoro13 Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jarr2003 said:

I see we let this argument aside and all just be friends, I will comment no more here unless neccessary.
    Why? Arguments are fun and lend perspective.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
    Zonoro13 said:

Jarr2003 said:

Why? Arguments are fun and lend perspective.
    Not when it comes to such thread, I've seen enough already.

• QunrizQunriz Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    I ask any mods to lock/delete this thread to prevent any further more disputes.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.