Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What are the real causes of gun deaths?

DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,375Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
So ZANIMICK posted a link to the list of countries by death rate and I discovered two things:

1: The countries with the highest homocide rates all had major links to human trafficking and drug trade, two crimes strongly associated with organized crime.

2: Most of USA's gun deaths were suicides at the time of writing, does this mean that America should be working hard on preventing depression instead of banning guns?

Comments

• grian_grian_ Posts: 6Member
    the real causes of gun deaths
    are
    people with guns :3
  • ______ Posts: 90Member ✭✭✭

does this mean that America should be working hard on preventing depression?

BAN DEPRESSION
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Ultimately, it's the person who has the gun who is the cause of the death; it wouldn't be any different if he had, say, a katana. He still killed someone.

The problem with guns comes in because guns are weapons of mass-murder that can easily be bought, legally, and with very few checks to make sure you aren't a terrorist. Mind you, it's easier to get a gun than it is to get a car.

And unlike Knives, something equally fatal, Knives are very, very close range. You'd basically have to be breathing down someone's neck to be able to pull the good ol' literal backstab. Guns, on the other hand, you can literally be meters away, not even in the same room, and kill somebody.
    Chloe146 said:

I'm sure most of the deaths in Orlando was suicide based on what you said.

Are you naive, or just clueless?
    Post edited by Cookiewoodstock on
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,793Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Chloe146 said:

It was obvious sarcasm.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • PurgePurge Posts: 2,003Member, Friendly, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Chloe146 said:

Purge said:

Jarr2003 said:

Chloe146 said:

It was obvious sarcasm.
    We can all see that its sarcasm, but they're acting like us saying that most gun deaths were suicides means that the recent mass murder in Orlando was all suicides, which is just stupid. Its literally just looking at a couple words in a sentance and ignoring all others to try and make DLK seem like he is being an asshole, which he isn't.
    I think you can agree that neither drugs, human trafficking, and suicides have any role in the Orlando shooting.

That itself is a counter example to DLK's points.
    Most does NOT equal all. You can give many, many example for both having and not having to do with drugs, human trafficking, and suicide, but the point of the word most is to say that you could, given all knowledge available, give more examples of it being related to those things. I can give you an example of it having to do with those things easily. For example, the many people who died form shooting themselves in the head. Thats called suicide.
    ""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    "99.9% of the current gun deaths come from guns"
    -Real Fact
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,375Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chloe146 said:

Purge said:

Jarr2003 said:

Chloe146 said:

It was obvious sarcasm.
    We can all see that its sarcasm, but they're acting like us saying that most gun deaths were suicides means that the recent mass murder in Orlando was all suicides, which is just stupid. Its literally just looking at a couple words in a sentance and ignoring all others to try and make DLK seem like he is being an asshole, which he isn't.
    I think you can agree that neither drugs, human trafficking, and suicides have any role in the Orlando shooting.

I was pointing out that both of those are tied to organized crime groups. ISIS is an organized crime group so you actually just proved my point. Also, most shootings don't kill 50 people either.
  • PurgePurge Posts: 2,003Member, Friendly, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't win an argument with somebody that just refuses to listen to what they don't want to hear, so I will not be posting in this topic anymore. Also, don't go onto my activity wall about it.
    ""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,375Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chloe146 said:

Chloe146 said:

Purge said:

Jarr2003 said:

Chloe146 said:

It was obvious sarcasm.

I was pointing out that both of those are tied to organized crime groups. ISIS is an organized crime group so you actually just proved my point. Also, most shootings don't kill 50 people either.
    Crime groups are always going to be there in a large country like ours.
    If you have a theory to solve that problem, tell us what it is? Just pointing it out does not help anyone.
    I didn't know that diagnosis isn't the first step of treatment.

To prevent suicides we can launch anti-suicide programs. For the organized crime bit we can make more local jobs, enhance the quality of education so that people can use those jobs, applying the death penalty to repeat murderers, making prisons into environments that are better at preventing further criminal behavior and making police forces more effective.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gun deaths are caused when something fires a gun at a person until they die, or if they beat people up with the gun, like a club until they die.

Can we lock this thread now?
    What's a sig btw
  • CaesarCaesar Posts: 5,548Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard a minority of deaths are terrorist attacks, mass shootings, or shit like that, while a majority is gang violence and suicides
    Shitposts may be returning