Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Do you support legalization of smoking weed?

CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Off Topic
Title.

Do you support legalization of smoking weed? 23 votes

Yes
34%
Zonoro13GouchnoxAuroyaNovoDarkmatterfireOldMammalMiningcookiesVIIIDrago_mehDat_Boi 8 votes
Tellurium
8%
StellarexysChisako 2 votes
No
13%
grisha5Frank_3everestCarmory 3 votes
Yes, but I won't do it anyways
30%
[Deleted User]Uiomancantlennonluiz0907lordmuffinBillaboDoomlordKravokaTheKnifer 7 votes
Yes, but I still dislike it
8%
Jarr2003Cookiewoodstock 2 votes
Something else (specify)
4%
Altena 1 vote

Comments

• DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,375Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Binaural files are a great substitute.
  • TheKniferTheKnifer Posts: 2,360Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    does this mean i support it, but i wont smoke it?
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,793Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It's their bodies. They can do what they want with them, regardless of the consequences.
    2. Weed is probably not even as bad as normal cigarettes anyways.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jarr2003 said:

1. It's their bodies. They can do what they want with them, regardless of the consequences.

It is in fact better than cigarettes for your health.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oops, didn't read all the options. Would have voted purple
    Gouchnox said:

Jarr2003 said:

That's debatable
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    But I won'y do it anyways. People won't do illegal stuff, and drug dealers will go out of business.
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭

But I won'y do it anyways. People won't do illegal stuff, and drug dealers will go out of business.

...There was an option for saying yes, but not doing it anyways.
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,317Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    I'd only eat it, and given the experience I had, I probably wouldn't do that anymore either.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altena said:

I don't know much about the pros and cons of legalizing weed, so I'll have to say I'm undecided.

Btw, what is Tellurium? I see this in every poll. Is it like some default option set when you make poll threads?

Neutral meme option.

I don't give a shit about what people do with their time. However it might reduce the amount that's being smoked. or something.
    What's a sig btw
    Billabo said:

I'd only eat it, and given the experience I had, I probably wouldn't do that anymore either.

Also in general I'm against the use of it because it turns you into an idiot temporarily. But it's not usually dangerous, so just don't drive or something while high and I don't care.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • CarmoryCarmory Posts: 2,982Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jarr2003 said:

1 blunt/joint/other is equivilent is to about a pack of cigarettes.
    ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
  • TheRedBaronTheRedBaron Posts: 302Member ✭✭

That's debatable

Not really
    it seems there is a lot to forget
    and a lot not to do
  • Dat_BoiDat_Boi Posts: 10Member ✭✭
    Yes
    Someone call Cheeseburger FreedomMan
    Oh Shit Waddup!
  • Drago_mehDrago_meh Posts: 2,742Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    Yes
    man the legalization of a plant that has many helpful medical benefits with NO bad benefits and that would replace the paper industry's use of wood

why the fuck not?

besides when was the last time you officially heard or seen someone overdose on weed?
    Some forgotten user who has aged with time and transitioned into lurking the site instead of actually being active.
    edited May 2016

Gouchnox said:

Jarr2003 said:

That's debatable
    According to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/ cannabis smoke is less carcinogenic than tobacco smoke.

08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Goldra said:

...There was an option for saying yes, but not doing it anyways.
    I clicked too fast, like EC.
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Drago_meh said:

man the legalization of a plant that has many helpful medical benefits with NO bad benefits and that would replace the paper industry's use of wood

why the fuck not?

besides when was the last time you officially heard or seen someone overdose on weed?

wtf is a bad benefit
    also this entire post is just very wrong
  • Drago_mehDrago_meh Posts: 2,742Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    Yes

Drago_meh said:

why the fuck not?

wtf is a bad benefit
    also this entire post is just very wrong
    I meant effect

and the worst weed would do is make you hungry and tired

that's it.
    Some forgotten user who has aged with time and transitioned into lurking the site instead of actually being active.
    Drago_meh said:

why the fuck not?

"No bad benefits" since I'm assuming you mean effects, literally almost anything, if done enough, can have bad effects. If weed had no bad effects, then why would it be illegal? By that logic, something as universally legal as chocolate would be unhealthier than a drug illegal in many places.

"would replace the paper industry's use of wood" I have literally no idea where you got that from. Furthermore, the plant itself is not illegal I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong), just smoking it is, so as thus the legalization of smoking weed wouldn't affect that point at all.

[The entire last sentence] just because you don't overdose something persay doesn't mean it's instantly healthy. Alcohol is unhealthy if used too often, yet overdose isn't a term used for it. Same with cigarettes and even cigars. Smoking weed, if used a lot, while it would not produce an overdose, but would instead long term damage the users body over time.

BTW, in case you still don't realize weed has a ton of bad health effects, here's the WHO page on weed usage: http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/facts/cannabis/en/
  • Frank_3everestFrank_3everest Posts: 1,519Member ✭✭✭
    No
    The suicide rate of Colorado has jumped up quite a lot after the legalization.
    You can't make a joke with my own language and expect me to get it. I'm not that smart!-@Dasbloody
    "I took things to fart"-@KhantStopButtnugget
    Pantaloons are pretty much man skirts. Even though they aren't. -@MiningcookiesVIII
    Congratules! Your reward is this paper cup. -@DoomlordKravoka

Dragon cave profile up in here- http://dragcave.net/user/Frank_Eeverest
    Jarr2003 said:

Alcohol is unhealthy if used too often, yet overdose isn't a term used for it.

Well, you can literally drink yourself to death. That's how my uncle died, of alcohol poisoning. Alcohol is far more deadly than weed, yet it's legal for those over a certain age, depending on the country.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

Jarr2003 said:

Alcohol is unhealthy if used too often, yet overdose isn't a term used for it.

Well, you can literally drink yourself to death. That's how my uncle died, of alcohol poisoning. Alcohol is far more deadly than weed, yet it's legal for those over a certain age, depending on the country.
    I know. I didn't think to google the definition of overdose when typing that. I was just going by Drago_Meh saying overdose isn't a term used for weed, and was pointing out that people don't say "alcohol overdose" or "tobacco overdose."
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭

The most recent data I found is from 2014 (see page 9) the year weed was legalized in Colorado. And the data doesn't really show a strong correlation with weed since the suicide rate climbed from 2010 to 2012 and was more or less the same in 2012 and 2014.
  • Frank_3everestFrank_3everest Posts: 1,519Member ✭✭✭
    No
    erdbeere said:

The most recent data I found is from 2014 (see page 9) the year weed was legalized in Colorado. And the data doesn't really show a strong correlation with weed since the suicide rate climbed from 2010 to 2012 and was more or less the same in 2012 and 2014.
    By using searches for new sites ONLY, where they already did the research for me, this is what I got:

pbs.org/newshour/rundown/studies-claim-medical-marijuana-may-reduce-suicide-rates-traffic-fatalities/ This was before it happened...

1. inewsnetwork.org/2014/10/09/as-colorados-suicide-rate-climbs-new-tools-aimed-at-awareness-prevention/ Wow... Even from the same news center. Thats PBS for ya...

2. nytimes.com/2014/06/01/us/after-5-months-of-sales-colorado-sees-the-downside-of-a-legal-high.html?_r=0

Not only suicide, it is also causing a great increase in car accidents:

cnsnews.com/commentary/cully-stimson/pot-positive-traffic-fatalities-100-colorado

And just about every problem that is death-related is shown here:

https://rt.com/usa/316148-marijuana-related-deaths-injuries-study/
    You can't make a joke with my own language and expect me to get it. I'm not that smart!-@Dasbloody
    "I took things to fart"-@KhantStopButtnugget
    Pantaloons are pretty much man skirts. Even though they aren't. -@MiningcookiesVIII
    Congratules! Your reward is this paper cup. -@DoomlordKravoka

Dragon cave profile up in here- http://dragcave.net/user/Frank_Eeverest
    i think your argument can immediately be crushed by the words, "trump supporter".
    also the problem with scientific studies is that there's solid evidence supporting both arguments.
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Weed and alcohol are pretty much on the same level for me. Both don't have bad consequences if you don't overuse or even abuse them. Both have the possibility to be harmful if used stupidly in the wrong environment, but both also have the possibility of being a fun experience if used in the right environment.

I have experienced both of them, and came to the conclusion that they are both not really my thing to do. But I don't see how weed could do more harm than alcohol, especially when considering that weed is one of the least unhealthy drugs, alcohol is way more bad, as well as cigarettes, which are both legal.