Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Official Diep.io Discussion thread

MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Member Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
ITT: we talk about Diep.io
I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
~A. Dumbledore
Post edited by Chisako on

Comments

• MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Member Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Anon9mous

how do I play

and what do I do
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a really fun game. Though levels all the way to 50 or 60 would have been great. :/
    Change is constant.
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to max level as well.... :/

• StellarexysStellarexys Member, Friendly Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly manage to get to the Tier 3 classes, and later on I'm always brutally dissected by Tier idontevenknowhowhigh players.
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

I mostly manage to get to the Tier 3 classes, and later on I'm always brutally dissected by Tier idontevenknowhowhigh players.

Tier three is max.
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    I don't even know how to...
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Anon9mous

how do I play

and what do I do

Shoot the shapes.

Dodge the bullets.

Kill other players.

Now, for some tips:
    -If someone does a 360 without shooting, it means that they want to be a team. Teammates are SO worth it.
    -The order for highest EXP from shapes goes like this: Triangle, square, small pink triangle, large pink triangle, octagon, huge octagon.
    -Your guns have knockback. If you're a class like the Destroyer, you could literally use it as a booster.
    -You can shoot bullets to stop them. How many it takes depends on bullet damage, bullet penetration, and the type of bullet that you're shooting.
    -If you see a bigger player and you don't feel confident in your skills, RUN. ...And don't engage them.
    -It's better not to shoot if you're recovering. People can see bullet trails, and follow whatever direction they're coming from.
    -If you see a Destroyer (they're the ones with the singular, huge cannon), RUN. It doesn't matter what class you are, or how many upgrades you have into max health. A well upgraded Destroyer can kill pretty much anything in a few shots, and it's ridiculously hard to dodge some of their shots.
    -Collision damage is a thing. ...Hardly anyone uses it, but there's the odd person that does. ...Just don't get too close to people, even if they're a teammate.
    -You can select upgrades from that bar in the bottom left when you get points, and new classes from the top left when you make it to levels 15, 30, or (for some pathways) 45.
    -Anything that's red that isn't square is a bullet. ...Try to avoid them, for obvious reasons.
    -Don't even attempt to go PvP until you're at least level 15. Trust me, you'll most likely die.
    -Each class has it's own class path. Try and experiment with new classes, see what you like!
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There's my collection of tips.
    Goldra said:

Tier three is max.
    For some paths, it is, but other paths have Tier 4. ...Unless you are Tier 4, leave them alone.

Other paths only go to Tier 3, though.
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    Anon9mous said:

Goldra said:

Tier three is max.
    For some paths, it is, but other paths have Tier 4. ...Unless you are Tier 4, leave them alone.

Other paths only go to Tier 3, though.
    Oh, I wasn't aware.
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Why doesn't everyone play as The Destroyer then? Shouldn't it be nerfed?
    ~A. Dumbledore

Why doesn't everyone play as The Destroyer then? Shouldn't it be nerfed?

It's really good, but it's slow shooting, the knockback is so strong that it literally knocks you backward, and you need to have either really good luck or really good aim/predicting skills to hit enemies.

Plus, there are other things that can equal it, like an Overlord, a Fiveway, an Octotank... ...Lots of things.

I just happen to be really good with it. :p
  • Zonoro13Zonoro13 Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destroyer is pretty bad unless you max health, defend, speed, and body damage, then boost into people. Melee builds are fairly strong and one of the few counters to Overlords.

Octotanks are fun, but they lose in 1v1s versus basically any single target t2-3 tank.

Five-shot is OK.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
    Zonoro13 said:

Destroyer is pretty bad unless you max health, defend, speed, and body damage, then boost into people. Melee builds are fairly strong and one of the few counters to Overlords.

Octotanks are fun, but they lose in 1v1s versus basically any single target t2-3 tank.

Five-shot is OK.

Octotanks are hard to approach, but you're right that they're actually kind of helpless when you leave them alone.

What I do for Destroyer is pretty much use them as a long range class:

2 in regen, 3 in max health, and maxed out reload, damage, bullet penetration, and bullet speed.

If you can aim well, you'll win the world.

An Overlord with that same set-up is just as amazing. Just play aggressive. :v
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
    I'm impressed that you're brave enough to take a screenshot.

...Also, one thing that I love about a Destroyer with the build I suggested is that it can kill all but the most defensive of units in two shots.

It's SO much fun to dethrone the leader, and then, when someone gets close to overtaking your score, you go over and slaughter them too. :p

Oh, and I tried the melee build for a Destroyer. I didn't really like it.
    noice inspect element m8
    ~A. Dumbledore
    Also, mind editing the OP to include whatever usernames forumers go on as, so we don't kill each other? :v
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
    Yeah, range is a major thing.

Remember that bullet speed also effectively equals range. ;p

And the magical thing about a Destroyer with the build that I have? Sure, it fires once every second or so, but those bullets can plow through a huge amount of smaller bullets, and it takes but one (or two, or three in some rare cases) bullet to destroy all but the strongest of foes.

Also, a good strategy is not to aim at where they're at at the moment, it's to aim where they're going to be.

THAT'S how you get an enemy, and that's what should be predicted for when they're attempting to shoot at you.
  • StellarexysStellarexys Member, Friendly Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭✭
    So.. uh.. I've been playing Diep.io lately, and kinda laughed for a while.
    There's that guy called "dildo" constantly chasing me..
    and yeah
    It was quite a long time.

Here's the proof if anyone's curious
    edited May 2016
    What's the closest class to a speedy glass cannon?
    ~A. Dumbledore

What's the closest class to a speedy glass cannon?

It really depends on how you invest your skillpoints.

I would say either Destroyer, or that one with one gun in the front and two in the back.
    Also, some gameplay stuff to prove that I'm not a scrub!

GRAND DAD just started to sweep the leaderboards.

I was there since the very start (I was lucky enough to go onto a server that just started again), and I only died when the Arena Closers (which I kinda hate admittedly) started to show up.

Notice how there's only two guys on there with a significant amount of kills?

Those were the two that would RUN.

Seriously, I killed all of the others.

It got so bad that, as you can see there, there weren't enough people with kills to actually have a full leaderboard.

image And I gained a fan!

...Well, he kinda tried to kill me over and over, despite me doing a spin...

...Might've been mad that I accidentally spawnkilled him. (it happens)

This was taken around 30 seconds before the Arena Closers showed up. Honestly, I don't know what triggers them, but if it's based on there being just one person with an extremely high amount of kills, then I might have caused them.

...I don't know, though, because I've seen people with kill counts in the hundreds. :v

You see, kids, that is why I love the Destroyer.
    I'm pressing enter, but I'm not spawning.
    ~A. Dumbledore
    Nvm, I used GC and everything works. Are you on now, Anon?
    ~A. Dumbledore
    I wasn't, but I'm going on now.
    Anon9mous said:

I wasn't, but I'm going on now.

I'm on. I started a Pm w/ you.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting playing this, assassin kinda sucks. Even with max bullet penetration I could hardly part a stream of bullets enough to deal damage.

And said person was only t2
    I killed the person in the top of the leaderboards though, that was great. They were afking in the corner with their mouse down.
    What's a sig btw