Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Cookie Clicker Music

watirwatir Posts: 1Member
I really think Orteil should add music to the game.
Tagged:

Comments

• essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    While it seems logical to implement music, most people playing cookie clicker (except new players) will most likely multitask, doing something besides cookie clicker. Next to that is the problem that taste of people differ, and thus people may not like the music. Thirdly he would need to implement multiple songs or a long variation of the song in order for it to get not repetitive and boring. With these things in mind I rather have Orteil spend time on other things, as this would be time consuming and I think only for a small amount of players. I would definitely say yes if cookie clicker had a large developers team, but sadly it is only Orteil (and Opti, but I do not know if he does design/make things for cookie clicker).
  • MathijsjeMathijsje Posts: 38Member ✭✭
    I think most players just leave cookie clicker running in a separate tab. If you want to listen to music you could easily open another tab with youtube or use spotify or something simiar. This way everyone gets to listen to their own taste and it won't take any of Orteils time.
  • StellarexysStellarexys Posts: 1,338Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people use Spotify, YouTube, or the default media player from whichever OS you're running.

Implementing music to CC wouldn't be as useful when others are listening to music themselves.
    So, sadly, it shouldn't be implemented, so Orteil wouldn't have to take time to implement one minor thing.
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,761Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    reek rol ples
    Insert something purposely unfunny here
  • MathijsjeMathijsje Posts: 38Member ✭✭
    100lol said:

reek rol ples

Maybe it could be implemented that blab triggers Rick Astley.
  • NeoSpearBladeNeoSpearBlade Posts: 101Member ✭✭
    A topic about adding music to the game and no one mentioned The Living Tombstone yet?

Well, I will.

I have no regrets.

As a side note, the game doesn't have a proper credits screen but if it did, I vote the song above. ^_^
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭

-snippidy snap-

As a side note, the game doesn't have a proper credits screen but if it did, I vote the song above. ^_^

Cookie Clicker

Credits

Everything by:

Orteil & Opti

And the whole thing fading in and out with an animation similar to the GC one over 3 minutes.