Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

I'm Making An Vidjagame!

Frank_3everestFrank_3everest Posts: 1,519Member ✭✭✭
I am making a video game. It is a basic third person camera-angle-from-above-pixel-y racing game. This game may not seem like much, but... Hey, it is pretty impressive for the engine I am making it on. Around 100 people are waiting for this game, so I will be very busy designing textures, tracks, and obstacles. In this racing game, you have to collect all the coins in the level. I have a proof of concept, but the graphics are SO bad, and the steering is messed up! D: Is anyone interested in this, because this can open up lots of opportunities for me in the future for game design.
You can't make a joke with my own language and expect me to get it. I'm not that smart!-@Dasbloody
"I took things to fart"-@KhantStopButtnugget
Pantaloons are pretty much man skirts. Even though they aren't. -@MiningcookiesVIII
Congratules! Your reward is this paper cup. -@DoomlordKravoka

Dragon cave profile up in here- http://dragcave.net/user/Frank_Eeverest

Comments

• MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this your first game? If so, definitely check this video out (and all in that series). Even if it's not, watch alot a lot of Extra Credits. They're great. Mwah. Bootiful.
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • Frank_3everestFrank_3everest Posts: 1,519Member ✭✭✭

Is this your first game? If so, definitely check this video out (and all in that series). Even if it's not, watch alot a lot of Extra Credits. They're great. Mwah. Bootiful.

Thanks! This will help so much!
    You can't make a joke with my own language and expect me to get it. I'm not that smart!-@Dasbloody
    Pantaloons are pretty much man skirts. Even though they aren't. -@MiningcookiesVIII

• lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Posts: 2,818Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭

I can absolutely attest to that. Extra Credits is a very good source for both gamers and everyone in the process of the making of games.
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
    The only thing about the video is that I am not using Unity. I am using a semi-crude engine without having to download lots and lots of stuff. In the end, I am going to be doing a lot of work (for a minimal result, yes) for you guys. I am doing this on the website Sploder's Physics Puzzlemaker engine, because it is so much more flexible than the others. You just have more room to work with graphics, self created obstacles, etc. Even with all of these things, there is a lot of stuff that simply cannot be done, as everything has to be linear, meaning you cannot go from one level to another and back. It is limited, and it will be a challenge to work with, but it will certainly be pretty cool when it is done. I will post a preview soon (maybe tomorrow, or a couple of days from now).

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭

-snip- "because it is so much more flexible than the others. You just have more room to work with graphics, self created obstacles, etc." -snip-

u wot
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Goldra, the website has like five different game creation engines, and just about all of them are complete garbage (except physics puzzlemaker, which I am using). Physics Puzzlemaker is only a fraction of the garbage that the other stuff has.

• AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill check it out for sure ^^
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing about the video is that I am not using Unity. I am using a semi-crude engine without having to download lots and lots of stuff. In the end, I am going to be doing a lot of work (for a minimal result, yes) for you guys. I am doing this on the website Sploder's Physics Puzzlemaker engine, because it is so much more flexible than the others. You just have more room to work with graphics, self created obstacles, etc. Even with all of these things, there is a lot of stuff that simply cannot be done, as everything has to be linear, meaning you cannot go from one level to another and back. It is limited, and it will be a challenge to work with, but it will certainly be pretty cool when it is done. I will post a preview soon (maybe tomorrow, or a couple of days from now).

The things mentioned don't really apply to unity in particular, though.
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • RendyRendy Posts: 10Member
    So much happy to know about the game your are making. Carry on!

I know, but it displayed a unity logo, so i thought it was about unity. Also, the game preview will have to be delayed a little more because I am very busy.

• StellarexysStellarexys Posts: 1,338Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds pretty much like a nice concept. I'll check it out when it's available, depending on the situation I'm currently in.
  • AlderiAlderi Posts: 1,205Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone interested in this, because this can open up lots of opportunities for me in the future for game design.

*raises hand* I am.
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
    edited May 2016
    I have the crappy proof of concept, and I have an actually okay one in the process.

WARNING: The crappy one is so bad that you will cringe, but if you really want to play a crappy preview with one level so poorly designed that it has reversed steering, be my freakin guest! (Seriously, this is the cringiest game in existence since Staggy The Boyscout Slayer 2)
    The crappy one:

Better preview has exactly 16x better graphics, it has better steering, more obstacles, multiple levels, moving obstacles, perfect speed, better steering and hitboxes, and more cool stuff. Prepare thy anus, because it is still yet to come.

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

I have the crappy proof of concept, and I have an actually okay one in the process.

WARNING: The crappy one is so bad that you will cringe, but if you really want to play a crappy preview with one level so poorly designed that it has reversed steering, be my freakin guest! (Seriously, this is the cringiest game in existence since Staggy The Boyscout Slayer 2)
    The crappy one:

Better preview has exactly 16x better graphics, it has better steering, more obstacles, multiple levels, moving obstacles, perfect speed, better steering and hitboxes, and more cool stuff. Prepare thy anus, because it is still yet to come.

-10/10 didn't make me cringe
    Another one bites the dust
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Why are controls inverted? ._.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • AlderiAlderi Posts: 1,205Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait :)
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
    edited May 2016
    Shylight said:

Why are controls inverted? ._.
    I forgot to switch them around... I told you it was the crappy one.
    Other problems with it:
    Bad hitboxes (The car is a freakin square instead of a rectangle)
    Awful Graphics (There will be 12x more pixels, but it will be zoomed, so it will only look 3x better)
    Bad speed (This was caused by the car's shape)

But hey, at least the car looked nice... (I did not make the car graphic D:)

• RendyRendy Posts: 10Member
    Yeah, I don't like mockery against the language. Everyone should be respective on others language.
    Rendy said:

Yeah, I don't like mockery against the language. Everyone should be respective on others language.

What does that even mean in context?

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rendy said:

That awkward moment when you post something in the wrong thread.
    Another one bites the dust