Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Post Your Permanent Upgrade Slots!

CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
I figured it'd be neat to see everybody's strategies, and although I know the meta is "always bring best prism, kitten, and cursors", I never see anybody talking about the other two upgrades they bring, and even if they have a setup that works for them that doesn't have that group of 3 upgrades.

Anyways, here's mine for my current ascension. I have 4 slots at the moment.
  • Best Prism - Obviously.
  • Best Kitten - Also Obviously.
  • Best Cursor - Also Obviously Again.
  • Festive hat - Means I don't have to waste my time going to Christmas first, and then wait the 24 hours for max efficiency regarding getting the santa upgrades + not wasting any chances for deer.

Comments

• GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For regular play
    • Omelette - for choco egg because I'm greedy as fuck
    • Wrinklerspawn - because who has time for savescumming anything beyond choco egg
    • Cookie egg - same reason, also this slot was free so why not that makes for more op fdf
    • Most expensive (to get) prism or kitten
    For Reincarnation farming (which is actually pretty quick once you get the strat down, as you can get one HC in less than five mins constantly)
    • Omelette - because I'm greedy as fuck and I want to keep it
    • 250 prism - because I get 150 prisms before reset
    • 200 prism - same
    • last kitten - this slot was free, why not
    No but seriously, best cursor? This shit is free dude. I max out on cursors in 10 minutes of playtime. Also I don't care about last slot.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • BigcubefanBigcubefan Posts: 539Member ✭✭
    I only bought 3 slots and have the 150 and 200 Prism upgrades as well as the second-best kitten upgrade.
    You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death. ~Sauron
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    On my next run I will buy the third perm upgrade, this will be what I will have then

Best cursor upgrade (because it really speeds things up when you have a low prestige level)
    Best kitten upgrade (seems logical)
    Omelette (saves tons of time, as I always want to get every upgrade...)
  • loedownloedown Posts: 63Member ✭✭
    I shouldn't read this forum because it highlights how I do everything the wrong way.
    No but seriously last cursor upgrade is stupid. Like really.
    With the update, cursors and grandma are completely useless. I mean look at those time machines, they are twice as efficient as ACs god dammit. Look at your percentages before buying everything.
  • rebmcrrebmcr Posts: 278Member ✭✭
    Omelette, Kitten Experts, Lux Santorum this run. I just made Bicentennial and a Half, so next run will be:

Omelette, Reverse Shadows, Lucky Day, Serendipity, Get lucky

I think getting GCs going in a few minutes rather than 14 minutes will really boost setting up after ascending, which is what the ultra-late-game is all about. Omelette is massively better in 2.0 because the cookie (and egg) boosts stack multiplacively rather than additively. For example, getting the 7th Christmas Biscuit at this stage is better than the 201st Prism, and it's no different for eggs.
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Gouchnox said:

With the update, cursors and grandma are completely useless. I mean look at those time machines, they are twice as efficient as ACs god dammit. Look at your percentages before buying everything.

I am not sure if this was directed at me, but anyway:
    Yet I have more than 13% of my CpS coming from cursors, and it really speeds up the beginning of my run. I suppose that later on they will become useless, but they sure are not now.
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,375Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

It's good at low prestige.
    it's only bad when you're far in and can buy it within a minute.
  • QokoQoko Posts: 287Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I do see these topics resurface quite a bit, here's my take:

One slot (100-2k+ prestige)
    1. Highest cursor.
    At this low amount of prestige, the highest cursor is by far the strongest for early ascension. If not taken, the early grind will be almost as tedious as the first run, making no significant difference.

Two slots (2k-30k+ prestige)
    1. Octillion Fingers (cursor).
    2. Omelette.
    The cursor remains; it's still very significant. My own reason for adding Omelette is to get the random drops sooner in a new reset; Christmas and Halloween aren't the problem, Easter is. If you feel like going without, the most expensive Prism upgrade or kitten, including building costs.

Three slots (30k-400k+ prestige)
    1. Omelette.
    2. Most expensive Prism.
    3. Most expensive kitten.
    4. (Octillion Fingers).
    The cursor becomes an uncertainty at this point: 320 cursors can be reached so fast it's usually not worth the slot. Early third slot runs might still benefit quite decently though, decide for yourself.

Four slots (400k-5m+ prestige)
    1. Omelette.
    2. Reverse Shadows (prism)
    3. Kitten experts (kitten).
    4. Ruby chocolate butter biscuit (250).
    At the point where most players will unlock the fourth slot, 'bicentennial and a half' should be reachable. At least up to unlocking the fifth slot, permanently purchasing everything related to it as well as the final kittens seems most beneficial. Note that this also marks the point that all 319 upgrades have been purchased so there are no new choices to make.

Five slots, early (5m-15m prestige)
    1. Omelette.
    2. Reverse Shadows (prism)
    3. Kitten experts (kitten).
    4. Ruby chocolate butter biscuit (250).
    5. Serendipity.
    Just after unlocking the fifth slot the CpS bonus of prestige is not high enough to remove the 'bicentennial and a half' upgrades, so I just add a GC spawn upgrade which is a personal preference to speed up just after Ascension. By that logic you could drop Kitten experts and put Lucky Day in, but mind that the second GC upgrade is only half as efficient as the first.

Five slots, endgame (15m+ prestige)
    1. Cookie egg.
    2. Wrinklerspawn.
    3. Golden goose egg.
    4. Century egg.
    5. Faberge egg.
    I'm not here yet myself, but I am intending to do this eventually. These are the five rare eggs that are useful pre-purchased (voiding "egg"). The only drawback of this tactic is that the Chocolate Egg still has to drop eventually, but you do have a chance of getting it the entire run, including when you're farming the common eggs. If truly unlucky you can just farm wrinklers when you're about to ascend to force it.

Words of note: players consistently playing One Mind should most definitely put in Arcane Sugar in their permanent upgrades, probably as early as when you have four slots; it's unobtainable otherwise.
    Post edited by Qoko on
  • cookiefonstercookiefonster Posts: 1,922Member, Helpful, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    I have Get lucky in my first permanent upgrade slot; when I get a second slot I'll use it for Serendipity.

• TheRedBaronTheRedBaron Posts: 302Member ✭✭
    I agree that I found the highest cursor useful early on, but I recently realised I don't need it because I would get it fairly quickly anyway. I swapped it for highest prism when I reached 200 prisms.

However, I don't understand the usefulness of omelette... At least not once you have the Hide & Seek Champion achievement and Starspawn heavenly upgrade. Maybe it's useful before you have those, or if your active play is nil. But even before Starspawn I never bothered and never had much trouble with the eggs but that might just be because I always prestige when I have a lot of free time (start of the weekend usually), enough time to cycle through all the seasons right away to get the extra upgrades.

My second slot was my highest kitten, and I recently got a third slot and put the most expensive 10% cookie in it, not sure if that's the best use of it...
    it seems there is a lot to forget
    and a lot not to do
    I have omelette, hide and seek champion and starspawn. that way when I savescum for choco egg I spend like 5 minutes on it at max. And it's not like I'm wasting this slot since I have everything I need.
    As I said I'm greedy on that chocolate.
  • TheRedBaronTheRedBaron Posts: 302Member ✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

that way when I savescum for choco egg I spend like 5 minutes on it at max.

Is this some type of strategy? Would you mind explaining it to me? I feel so out of the loop because I've been off the forums for so long lol

it seems there is a lot to forget
    and a lot not to do
  • cookiefonstercookiefonster Posts: 1,922Member, Helpful, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Kitten Experts, Reverse Shadows, RC Butter Biscuit, Lucky Day, Serendipity.

Now that I think of it, it makes more sense to have Lucky Day and Serendipity among the permanent upgrades than Get Lucky. I think that's what I'll do next run when I have two upgrade slots. When I get my third slot I think I'll use it for octillion fingers, gives the best early boost.

Is this some type of strategy? Would you mind explaining it to me? I feel so out of the loop because I've been off the forums for so long lol

Upon resting: activate Earth Shattering aura, sell all buildings and kill your wrinklers, then buy choco egg and reset
    Congrats you are rich.
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,320Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod

Gouchnox said:

that way when I savescum for choco egg I spend like 5 minutes on it at max.

Savescumming is saving when you have 10 wrinklers, popping them all, and if you don't get an egg, you just load the save and try again.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Billabo said:

Savescumming is saving when you have 10 wrinklers, popping them all, and if you don't get an egg, you just load the save and try again.

Let me just post this again…
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart