Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Official Unofficial Slither.io Thread

MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
This game is fun. Whee.
I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
~A. Dumbledore
Post edited by Chisako on

Comments

• lordmuffinlordmuffin Posts: 796Member ✭✭✭
    The game is basically a snake rip off of Agar.io.
    That's all I'm saying.
    WH4T SM3LLS L1KE BODY BUTTER 4ND D3SP3R4T1ON?
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Obligatory "move this to Off-Topic" comment by me.

I must have misclicked :/
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • Frank_3everestFrank_3everest Posts: 1,519Member ✭✭✭
    I just played one round. I got really lucky, and this big one died next to me. I got over 2,800 from that alone.
    You can't make a joke with my own language and expect me to get it. I'm not that smart!-@Dasbloody
    "I took things to fart"-@KhantStopButtnugget
    Pantaloons are pretty much man skirts. Even though they aren't. -@MiningcookiesVIII
    Congratules! Your reward is this paper cup. -@DoomlordKravoka

Dragon cave profile up in here- http://dragcave.net/user/Frank_Eeverest
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Posts: 716Member, Cool ✭✭✭
    reached 14.000, man this is addictive
    I am the one who clicks
    My record id 4k.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip: If you're big, watch out for smaller people. They turn faster than you do, and that means that an unsuspecting big guy can have a little guy boost right in front of him, killing him.

And, if you're small, fear not, for you can kill someone with 10k mass if you have 10.
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Anon9mous said:

Tip: If you're big, watch out for smaller people. They turn faster than you do, and that means that an unsuspecting big guy can have a little guy boost right in front of him, killing him.

And, if you're small, fear not, for you can kill someone with 10k mass if you have 10.

You'd want to atleast be 100 mass, though, as you can dash a somewhat-decent area, then.
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • TheKniferTheKnifer Posts: 2,360Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyzzyzus said:

The game is basically a snake rip off of Agar.io.
    That's all I'm saying.

Like Agar.io was sooooooooooo original. It's kind of a genre at this point, like I think there was a one-player game where you were autoscrolling upwards as a square and smaller squares (the ones you could eat) were yellow and larger ones (the ones that would kill you) were red and you kept getting bigger and getting a higher score, and there was another one-player game where you were a fish and you got larger by eating other fish.
    Even worse, Agar.io is a direct copy of Osmos but for multi player rather than single player.

Edit:
    Just had a go of it and it is not really anything like Agar.io :p
    Fishy is before Osmos, i think Fishy is where that whole genre started.
  • Drago_mehDrago_meh Posts: 2,742Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    um welp 3rd try and 4 different large people died next to where I spawned and I got a total of 25-27 thousand and 28 thousand max that life
    Some forgotten user who has aged with time and transitioned into lurking the site instead of actually being active.
    The worst thing is when one goes directly through my midsection, doesn't die and kills me. im like WELL FUCK THE SYSTEM.
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭

My tallest snek so far as it is dying. That took quite some time, since i prefer to stay low and act as a semi-aggressive scavenger.
    edited April 2016

My tallest snek so far as it is dying. That took quite some time, since i prefer to stay low and act as a semi-aggressive scavenger.
    Can't see anything.
    EDIT: Nvm my computer was just flipping out.
    Post edited by MiningcookiesVIII on
    ~A. Dumbledore
    I only becom agressive until someone provokes me or if some big guys is trapping a little guy.
    OK, I usually lie low unless there's a good opportunity, tricking very small players and scavenging till I'm at 1k mass. Pro tip: Name yourself "How do u boost", then only boost in private and then mindgame someone super big who doesn't expect it.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheKnifer said:

I only become agressive until someone provokes me or if some big guys is trapping a little guy.

Why do you become aggressive because the big guys trap the little guys?

There isn't much you can do about it, one, and two, it's kind of a part of the game, in a way. It IS a competitive game, and you have to pull off strategies like trapping to actually get far.
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud

TheKnifer said:

I only become agressive until someone provokes me or if some big guys is trapping a little guy.

There isn't much you can do about it, one, and two, it's kind of a part of the game, in a way. It IS a competitive game, and you have to pull off strategies like trapping to actually get far.
    Good opportunity, and maternal love. Although It's a great way of getting pellets late-game and I do it too.
    ~A. Dumbledore
    there isn't its a vengence kill. but i'll act like i'm just mozying along and then when they get out of their circle of death i will try and get a little bit ahead of them and then i boost in their face.
  • PalutenaPalutena Posts: 504Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    The best I've done so far is 15000, and I reached 4th place.

Obligatory "move this to Off-Topic" comment by me.

People still pay attention?!
    b
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭

TheKnifer said:

Actually, there is something you can do about it, since trapping someone drastically decreases your safety by decreasing your actual size, thus making even big guys vulnerable to be trapped by smaller sneks.
  • Drago_mehDrago_meh Posts: 2,742Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    While this game is like agar.io

It also isn't because no matter how big you are even the littliest snake is dangerous
    Some forgotten user who has aged with time and transitioned into lurking the site instead of actually being active.
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    TheKnifer said:

Spore, m8. Agar.io is pretty much a clone of Spore's first stage but with less features and shittier graphics.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    fishy was 2004. spore was 2008
    Zyzzyzus said:

Shylight said:

TheKnifer said:

Spore, m8. Agar.io is pretty much a clone of Spore's first stage but with less features and shittier graphics.
    Basically it is a clone of many games :p
    But it is identical to Osmos but multiplayer and with crap graphics and less features. Osmos probably copied the first stage of spore too though.
    It doesn't really matter which exact game they copied, they did copy. :p
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, they're not copying each other at this point. It's a new genre.

"Candy crush is such a rip-off of Bejewled durrr"

Both games bring enough new stuff to the table for it to not be considered a rip-off.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,374Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by "new stuff" you mean merciless P2W jacking then yes, I suppose it's unique enough.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭

If by "new stuff" you mean merciless P2W jacking then yes, I suppose it's unique enough.

I...I...
    Is there even P2W in this game?
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud