Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

I should really leave

Comments

• edgyedgy Posts: 1,893Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭

Leon said:

GOOD GOD CAN SOMEONE JUST LOCK THIS THREAD ALREADY?!

Sorry for shouting, but I think it has to be done by now.

the thread isnt breaking any rules.
    It's stirring up a lot of crap. To be honest, I think it's safer to lock it now than wait until people start flaming each other. Because, with Gardevoir, it's gonna happen.
    Or the mods could warn the users to stop.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in an argument, and you want it to stop, then ignore them. you don't post about it in the thread to stir shit up. It might seem incredibly hypocritical, but it is, however if you guys gain common sense, it will stop.
    What's a sig btw
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

~snip~

Oh, and something I forgot to mention is that you don't learn from your mistakes. You simply see these things as argument fuel, and because of that you will argue until it's dead. You don't take anything we say seriously because you refuse to think of what we are saying. You need to be right and you won't stop arguing even if it's a clearly losing battle. You must win, end of story.

BTW, yes, being a jerk to someone you don't care about is still being a jerk. You really don't give a crap about anyone but yourself and people who are close to you. I don't see "I don't know this person" as a legitimate reason to be a jerk whatsoever. Again, you are an idiot who doesn't learn, or think about these things.
    Another one bites the dust
  • GardevoirGardevoir Posts: 522Member ✭✭✭
    "Oh, and something I forgot to mention is that you don't learn from your mistakes. You simply see these things as argument fuel, and because of that you will argue until it's dead."

What mistake did I made, exactly? I vote and move on from the threads, then people start mentioning me, I post my thoughts on why I voted this way and the over reacting began. If anyone made a mistake, it's the over reacting Dashnet community.

"You don't take anything we say seriously because you refuse to think of what we are saying."

Just because someone disagree with you doesn't mean he don't take you seriously.

"You need to be right and you won't stop arguing even if it's a clearly losing battle. You must win, end of story."

>I must attempt to win the debate

Wow what a big surprise there. Everyone will try to win the debate. There is no surprise here. Also, if by "clearly losing battle" you mean Me and Zicit, you'd the just biased and/or ignorant at this point.

"BTW, yes, being a jerk to someone you don't care about is still being a jerk."

"I don't see "I don't know this person" as a legitimate reason to be a jerk whatsoever."

Hurting the feelings of someone Unintentionally is not being a jerk. I never tried or attempted to hurt Burnt's feeling, the only thing I did was to just vote until everyone mention me and you know the rest. Please find actual reasons to call someone a jerk.

"You really don't give a crap about anyone but yourself and people who are close to you."

And how would you know that? How do you magically know me this much? How and where would you even learn that I care only about myself and I don't care about even the persons who are close to me? This is nothing but assumptions at best which are false and lack any evidences.

"Again, you are an idiot who doesn't learn, or think about these things."

A person simply disagreeing with you doesn't make them have inferior intelligence. Surprise surprise. Also, stop pretending that you're the "Nice guy" or something because neither of us is "Nice" or "Bad" here.

• CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Also, stop pretending that you're the "Nice guy" or something because neither of us is "Nice" or "Bad" here.

Dude, you necrobumped an otherwise dead argument, and also went ahead and called a depressed person annoying. There's clearly somebody doing bad stuff and is labelled as a bad guy, and that's kinda-sorta you.

Gardevoir said:

Also, stop pretending that you're the "Nice guy" or something because neither of us is "Nice" or "Bad" here.

Dude, you necrobumped an otherwise dead argument, and also went ahead and called a depressed person annoying. There's clearly somebody doing bad stuff and is labelled as a bad guy, and that's kinda-sorta you.
    Again, I never said Burnt himself was annoying. Check your sources please.

Also, that's false, Zicit clearly did (while insulting me and literally saying "Fuck you Gardevoir") while he desperately pretend he's a victim or something when it's him that constantly start stuff and attack me.

edited December 2015
    Of course people would mention you after you flagged his thread as spam.
    Just because they mentioned you, doesn't mean that there won't be consequences for saying stuff like "I'm getting tired of all his threads and it feels like he's just crying for attention blablabla". (From your post on page 3)
    Yeah, CONSEQUENCES over a barely-offensive opinion that I didn't even try to push as a fact.
    What happened here in August was not a debate. As in, no one here besides you was seriously caring about winning. No one agreed to have the argument with you in the first place. And when you were proven wrong, you resorted to your unshared opinion "Then this forum is pretty boring
    Then why people try so hard to irritate me? Why would stuff like mentioning Mikkmar and insults is "Not agreeing to have the argument"? Just because an opinion is unshared doesn't mean it can't be justifiable. And "Proven wrong" in what way?
    How the fuck could you not realize how words like "I'm getting tired of all your threads" or "It feels like you're just crying for attention" could hurt someone who's already depressed.
    I know it wouldn't be the nicest thing to say but I really wasn't expecting this kind of over reaction. And it's not really related to being intentional or not. Furthermore again I wasn't trying to say facts or anything, just my thoughts after people were mentioning me.
    Even though you knew that the argument was making other people upset, you still kept continuing it. The fact that you could have stopped it but didn't—shows that you are a jerk.
    Just because someone hurt the feelings of someone else doesn't make him or her immediately a jerk or rude person. I'm going to ask this question again: Let's say you are in a serious argument with someone you hate, in the middle of the argument you see it hurt the feelings or someone you don't really care about and is not important to you. Would you really let that loser win against you just because of that unimportant person to you that got his/her feelings hurt? It's a similar case here.
    Just like my pool example: If you see a kid drowning and crying for help but you don't even try to save him, do you really think that people would buy the excuse "I didn't intentionally make him drown hurr durr"? Yes, I understand that it still wouldn't exactly be your fault that he drowned, but people would think of you as a prick because you could have stopped it but chose not to.
    We already discussed this pool thing.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/576307-digimon-greater-than-pokemon-hands-down?page=9#posts-10006661
    In the argument you said that you only care about the feelings of people you're close to, such as your mother or Zam.
    I mean when I'm in an argument and when I'm doing something important (to me). I won't just let some half-stranger stop my argument when I was actually just trying to defend myself. I'm not saying that I hate or completely don't care about when for example I see a kid crying outside, but I won't let such person stop me from doing something important when they aren't exactly involved or participating.
    He called you an idiot because you suck at defending your arguments and never learn from your mistakes
    lol

You just copy paste a few paragraph, and that was after I made one of those long-post that took me 30 minutes to one hour to make. And you've been in serious denial when arguing what a Hair is. So yeah, no.

Post edited by Gardevoir on

Saying "I'm getting tired of all his threads and it feels like he's just crying for attention blablabla" about a depressed but well-liked person would obviously result in bad consequences. And later in the thread you did push your opinion as fact. You acted as if you were in charge of the forum and your opinion that "He shouldn't make depression threads so many times" was more important than anyone else's.
    It really doesn't matter and it's unrelated if the person is depressed and "well-liked". The post itself is the post itself, it doesn't differ if the "Target" person is famous, ugly, or something. I'm more talking about my first post that I wasn't pushing it as a fact.
    People weren't trying to irritate you or make you stay in the thread. You were attacked because you hurt their depressed friend, I don't care whether it was through your honest opinion or not. And by page 6 it was proven that you weren't gonna leave no matter what

Then what is a couple of insults, offensive sarcasm, unnecessary wall of texts (Whenever it’s well-meant advice or not), big amount of “Go away!!!!” replies, people mocking me, Insult-comics and mentioning Mikkmar.

Yes, I keep copy pasting this argument but it still very well apply and we already talked about it. And also, are you saying that they purposely tried to derail the thread further when they "thought" I wouldn't go away?
    You can't use your unshared opinion to support your argument.
    You can if you can justify that opinion.
    You were proven wrong about the forums only being for discussing idle games. And then you resorted to your own unshared opinion "Then this forum is pretty boring".
    Where did I said that it was ONLY for discussing idle games? I said that it was MADE to MAINLY discuss idle games and Cookie clicker.
    Just because you quit an argument doesn't mean that you lose. Just because you get the last word doesn't mean that you win, either. No one besides you actually cared about winning the "argument". They just wanted you to get off the thread.
    Does (rage) quitting an argument immediately mean you're wrong? No. Does it mean that you lose the argument/conflict itself? Yes. Same about winning/being right on the other side.

If they really wanted to try to get me off the thread, then they tried very bad solutions for it.
    I was in the middle of making that post replying to all your points but then I realized that it was way too time consuming. Especially since the argument itself was supposed to be just about their reactions.
    That doesn't excuse your inability to defend your point in this case. And I'm pretty sure there is more topics than just reactions, such as Gardevoir's hair that you're being in denial.

• edgyedgy Posts: 1,893Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can if you can justify that opinion.
    You can says your opinions, but they are wrong.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    All I can say from here on out is, it's impossible to justify an opinion, as an opinion is not fact.
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud

All I can say from here on out is, it's impossible to justify an opinion, as an opinion is not fact.

I'm talking in a way that you can make your opinion understandable and just not something that is a complete lie.

• ______ Posts: 90Member ✭✭✭
    opinions are like butts

everyone has them

i have a lot
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,374Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

I'm talking in a way that you can make your opinion understandable and just not something that is a complete lie.
    That's not how opinions work, Gabidou.
    Gardevoir said:

Basically, what Kravoka said. wait why did i make this post
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More people agree what I did was spam now.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

You didn't do this. Gardevoir did.
    ---
    Soundcloud

Both sides did it.

Really, what are you expecting when you reply to him while mentioning me in a bad way? Are you expecting me to just sit there and do nothing? What is the point?

Gardevoir said:

Both sides did it.

Really, what are you expecting when you reply to him while mentioning me in a bad way? Are you expecting me to just sit there and do nothing? What is the point?
    The point is that you won't look like Dashnet Forums' Wiener of the Year. All you're really doing is making yourself look like an ***hole.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    This is about BC, not some stupid argument.
    What's a sig btw
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,375Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    what are you guys even fighting about im too lazy to read thru these walls of text
    give me a tl;dr version please

Gardevoir said:

Both sides did it.

The point is that you won't look like Dashnet Forums' Wiener of the Year. All you're really doing is making yourself look like an ***hole.
    Oh, so you're just trying to look for proper solutions to end this conflict. /s

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

Both sides did it.

Oh, so you're just trying to look for proper solutions to end this conflict. /s
    I already suggested one; locking the thread before people start flaming.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • CaesarCaesar Posts: 5,548Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of you just need to shut the fuck up and let shit go
    Shitposts may be returning
    I give up on this. Gardevoir, you truly don't understand anything you've saying, and clearly you aren't going to try to actually understand and take into consideration what we're saying. Which, is why I'm done with this argument. Why this argument was bumped, I don't know and I don't care, but it's a pointless argument. And, what's worse, is that it's a dangerous argument, so, I'm probably done with this argument for good. But, Gardevoir, why? Why must you win this argument? Think of this argument like a friendly game of say, baseball. It doesn't matter if you actually win, as long as you had fun. And why should it matter so much about winning in this argument. It's one thing to argue about this, but no, you have to win the argument. Sometimes, Gardevoir, it's not worth it to win, and you are a shining example of that. Willing to make everyone hate you just so you can have the last laugh. Well, I don't care, have the last laugh all you want, because you'll have no one laughing with you.

Also, I still disagree about being a jerk to someone you hate. Not the idea, but because we don't know why you hate that person. Yes, it could be say, that he was a jerk to you, but how do we know he was a jerk. For all we know, you could be the bad guy and are hurting the feelings of an actually good person. Sometimes, examples can be very bad.

But anyways, I'm done with this argument. Continue all you want, but every post you make just proves my point further. Winning isn't always the best option.
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,375Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭

what are you guys even fighting about im too lazy to read thru these walls of text
    give me a tl;dr version please

Jarr2003 said:

I give up on this. Gardevoir, you truly don't understand anything you've saying, and clearly you aren't going to try to actually understand and take into consideration what we're saying. Which, is why I'm done with this argument. Why this argument was bumped, I don't know and I don't care, but it's a pointless argument. And, what's worse, is that it's a dangerous argument, so, I'm probably done with this argument for good. But, Gardevoir, why? Why must you win this argument? Think of this argument like a friendly game of say, baseball. It doesn't matter if you actually win, as long as you had fun. And why should it matter so much about winning in this argument. It's one thing to argue about this, but no, you have to win the argument. Sometimes, Gardevoir, it's not worth it to win, and you are a shining example of that. Willing to make everyone hate you just so you can have the last laugh. Well, I don't care, have the last laugh all you want, because you'll have no one laughing with you.

Also, I still disagree about being a jerk to someone you hate. Not the idea, but because we don't know why you hate that person. Yes, it could be say, that he was a jerk to you, but how do we know he was a jerk. For all we know, you could be the bad guy and are hurting the feelings of an actually good person. Sometimes, examples can be very bad.

But anyways, I'm done with this argument. Continue all you want, but every post you make just proves my point further. Winning isn't always the best option.
    Good bait
    What's a sig btw

Jarr2003 said:

Good bait
    It really wasn't. Heck, I basically said that by posting he proves my point. Doesn't sound like bait to me.
    edited December 2015
    This was no one's fault but your own. Everything we did was justified. Cookiewoodstock and Sparky called you an idiot because you hurt their close friend when he was already depressed.
    Read:
    It really doesn't matter and it's unrelated if the person is depressed and "well-liked". The post itself is the post itself, it doesn't differ if the "Target" person is famous, ugly, or something. I'm more talking about my first post that I wasn't pushing it as a fact.
    Anyway,
    I don't give a fuck if people mentioned you earlier, that didn't mean that you could get away with saying all your shit.
    People was talking and mentioning me, I was related to the subject. I was invited there.

And of course, ALL THE SHIT of a barely-offensive opinion.
    Multiple people thoroughly explained why your insensitive comments were unwanted and why you should just leave the thread alone, but you just ignored them.
    Insensitive? The only insensitive people was the Dashnetters. My comments were probably unwanted in the middle of the event, but barely to no one, once again, did any smart actions to try to solve and end the problem.
    People attacked you on page 6 because you stubbornly refused to shut the fuck up despite MULTIPLE people telling you to do stop.
    So alright, let's irritate the problem EVEN MORE and shit up the thread even further! Good idea! Also, I already explained you about quality > quantity and it also apply to this case. One person doing actual things and smart actions to solve a problem is better than 20 persons doing shitty and non-sense things to "solve" a problem.

But wait's there's more:
    give up on this. Gardevoir, you truly don't understand anything you've saying, and clearly you aren't going to try to actually understand and take into consideration what we're saying.
    Are you really this fragile when people disagree with you?
    But, Gardevoir, why? Why must you win this argument? Think of this argument like a friendly game of say, baseball. It doesn't matter if you actually win, as long as you had fun. And why should it matter so much about winning in this argument. It's one thing to argue about this, but no, you have to win the argument. Sometimes, Gardevoir, it's not worth it to win, and you are a shining example of that. Willing to make everyone hate you just so you can have the last laugh.
    And now we get the "Life advice" part. Do you realize an argument like this is a lot more than just a "Fun game"? If you run away from legit/serious arguments, it make you a wimp. I avoid being a wimp. Judging from when I first posted in the thread, everyone seems to already hating me somehow. Whenever winning something is worth it or not is subjective, at the least it's more subjective than "Shining example" and other things like that.
    Well, I don't care, have the last laugh all you want, because you'll have no one laughing with you.
    You're trying so hard to stay "Nice" and hide your anger, it's almost hilarious. Where did I said or expected to have multiple people "laughing with me"?

But yeah, just stay as the "Nice, smart good guy" while I'm the "bad stupid bully that will burn in hell" according to you. Whatever make you sleep at night. The only thing I'm doing is defending myself and trying to win the "War" against Zicit.

• CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

But you pretty much did by saying him venting his depression was annoying. And it was the whole reason this argument started.

From what I can gather there WAS another post before this but that one was removed by having too many flags.

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

But you pretty much did by saying him venting his depression was annoying. And it was the whole reason this argument started.

From what I can gather there WAS another post before this but that one was removed by having too many flags.
    I don't see where I said his depression or him was annoying.

This discussion has been closed.