Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Important: NEW RULE - Rules of bumping threads

2»

Comments

• ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,034Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    Leon said:

So giving legitimate reactions to old posts is ok?

LEGIT ones yes... more about that: see below.

But we're not messing with it, BO exists to point out good points, which Leon was doing.

I just said that messing with it is not okay, since it is easy to manipulate.
    I did NOT say you are doing it, since i didn't check on that yet.

I ALSO said, that "Best of... " is not part of this topic. Start a new topic about it and we can discuss that part there, on that note i'd like to talk about false reaction too, since it's kind of related.
    You want your ad here?
    Call 555-NOPE
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,846Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭

*facepalm*

No one ever plays Nested nowadays, so it really doesn't matter if you necrobump old posts on that subforum.
    Except it'll still show up on the Discussion page.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • edgyedgy Posts: 1,893Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

*facepalm*

No one ever plays Nested nowadays, so it really doesn't matter if you necrobump old posts on that subforum.
    Except it'll still show up on the Discussion page.
    Chisako said:

I ALSO said, that "Best of... " is not part of this topic. Start a new topic about it and we can discuss that part there, on that note i'd like to talk about false reaction too, since it's kind of related.

• DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,375Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    No
    I don't care about the first 2 but I do care about the third one
    I really hate long activity posts
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,312Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    Tellurium
    I voted neutral, but with Chisy's clarification that we're discussing just meaningless "bump" posts, I'd say yes. I wouldn't want someone genuinely contributing to a topic to be punished, but I don't like bumping for the sake of bumping.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,034Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    ofc. once in 12 hours. and just write down why instead of "bump" and you're most likely fine.
    You want your ad here?
    Call 555-NOPE
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Even if someone is spam bumping, I don't consider it as a bother.
    I mean, it's not like a spam attack on the activity or on people's walls, when you literally can't use the most used part of this forum.
    If a thread you don't like gets bumped, it's no big deal really. Contrary to activity posts, threads take very little space on your screen (one line in fact), so someone's gotta work really hard to make the thread page annoying to use. Also, there's the whole "participated" tab, and bookmarks and stuff. Even if we get some serious bumping action going on, we'd still be able to access the tread that we want to check out.

So in a nutshell, since bumping is the least harmful form of "annoyance" in this forum, I'd simple by "who gives a damn shit".

No, but really:
    - bumps are fine
    - in case intense bump action, you're a mod, do some magic mod stuff like telling them that they should calm their tits with the bumping
    - if bump spamming, use the magic something of rushing a cockroach with your finger, aka "oh I'm sorry I thought you were attempting to spam".

I mean, jeez. It's not like we've got admins and mods around every corner.
    Even a CG attack could be handled well nowadays.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • 713713 Posts: 21Member ✭✭
    what about bumping announcements
  • edgyedgy Posts: 1,893Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    713 said:

Announcements stay up the top anyways so I don't think it really matters.
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Tellurium
    *Ignores*
    *13 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds pass*
    *Ignores again*
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tellurium
    Leon said:

713 said:

Announcements stay up the top anyways so I don't think it really matters.
    Only if you don't dismiss them. Then they will only come to the top if they are bumped.
  • MasterSparkyMasterSparky Posts: 14,633Member, Internet Detective, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Idler said:

I cannot disagree this.

If I disagree this, there would be major chaos.

I mean;
    Like before, I said "bump" without reason and I mean before this was added...

Now I'm stopping saying that without reason...
    But, would it be nice if, the bans are extended for peoples who uses alts to bump the topic without reason? Like, user 1 bumps three threads without reason, and get banned for 24 hours, then he makes user 2 and user 3 to do it repeately, then Chisako bans them and extend the ban of user 1.

That would be good for user who doesn't read this. I something forgot to check rules...

A++ use of a 3000th post. We should clearly all be taking milestone posting lessons from Idler.
2»