Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

I should really leave

Comments

• GardevoirGardevoir Posts: 522Member ✭✭✭

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

unless you want to admit this site is Depressed Bronies: The Forum.

Finally you're starting to get it.
    Then this forum is pretty boring.
    No one's forcing you to stay if you think so.
    And? I can post here if I want.

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

kirdneh said:

First of all, to want attention, to want to be accepted, is to be human. I disagree with the idea that it is wrong to feel needed, when that is a human desire that is such an integral part of how we function as a society.
    Depression is a damaging part of your mind that destroys your self-perception, and it is very difficult for support to get through to your head. Medication by itself is helpful, but it is the combination of medication, therapy, and support from the people around you that help a depressed person.
    And even though we can't physically make burntcookie call and get help from a professional, we can support him. And if you personally can't support someone, that's okay. It is difficult supporting someone with depression because it can feel like a constant uphill battle with no noticeable change. Your own needs and desires are important as well. But coming as a depressed person, I appreciate every time someone says they care about me and are there for me. I know what it's like to no matter how much someone could give you support, you still want to kill yourself. But even if you can't see it, it does help, even if a little. And there are those here that, no matter what burnt cookie says or no matter how many times he will say that he is worthless and that no one cares, no matter what, they will try to help him and disagree with his self-hate and tell him the truth, that he is wonderful and amazing and perfect, and that we care about him.
    People don't always have a place to talk to people about depression. It's still amazing to me how a website originally about digital cookies has evolved into a community with some really caring people. But also, no one is forcing you to always be there for someone, it is an investment of your time and effort.

I understand that, but It's starting to get annoying to get like 10+ threads about a person insulting her/him self over depression. This is a site about digital cookies, not that.
    *Used to be a site about digital cookies

Seriously, now that the game hasn't been updated in a year there's no point in talking about it anymore.
    It's still not a site about talking about depression or suicidal feelings.
    Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

I'm tired of all the suicidal/depression threads where the OP keep talking about how he is useless and he should kill himself. The first few times it was acceptable but now it feel like just crying for attention, and/or he doesn't realize this isn't the place to talk about depression for MONTHS. It's not that I hate you, this just isn't the place to talk about this.

And by saying that, you are just making things worse. Even if this isn't the place to talk about depression (which I disagree), you still are doing a lot of damage. By saying this, you are technically agreeing with BurntCookie. If you had just said that this isn't the place to talk about depression or he should get professional help, it would've been fine, but instead, you agreed with BurntCookie. Even if you don't actually agree with what BurntCookie has been saying, it still sounds like you agree, and agreeing with BurntCookie is one of the worst things you could do right now.
    I NEVER agreed with him about that. Like, seriously?
    I said it sounds like you are agreeing with him. BurntCookie thinks he is annoying by making these threads, and you said you said you are getting tired of these threads and it feels like he is crying for attention. Maybe you don't realize it, but that is going to make him feel worse, whether he feels a little bit worse or a lot worse.
    Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Gardevoir, it would help a lot if you just left this thread. Seriously, you're not wanted here.

I am not your slave, seriously. What I'm saying is true, this isn't the place to talk about depression, unless you want to admit this site is Depressed Bronies: The Forum.
    Just leave, seriously. What he said was true, unless you want to admit you're a jerk.
    Another one bites the dust
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,374Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact: Most Off Topic subforums are more about forum drama than what the forum was originally centered around.
    Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

kirdneh said:

First of all, to want attention, to want to be accepted, is to be human. I disagree with the idea that it is wrong to feel needed, when that is a human desire that is such an integral part of how we function as a society.
    Depression is a damaging part of your mind that destroys your self-perception, and it is very difficult for support to get through to your head. Medication by itself is helpful, but it is the combination of medication, therapy, and support from the people around you that help a depressed person.
    And even though we can't physically make burntcookie call and get help from a professional, we can support him. And if you personally can't support someone, that's okay. It is difficult supporting someone with depression because it can feel like a constant uphill battle with no noticeable change. Your own needs and desires are important as well. But coming as a depressed person, I appreciate every time someone says they care about me and are there for me. I know what it's like to no matter how much someone could give you support, you still want to kill yourself. But even if you can't see it, it does help, even if a little. And there are those here that, no matter what burnt cookie says or no matter how many times he will say that he is worthless and that no one cares, no matter what, they will try to help him and disagree with his self-hate and tell him the truth, that he is wonderful and amazing and perfect, and that we care about him.
    People don't always have a place to talk to people about depression. It's still amazing to me how a website originally about digital cookies has evolved into a community with some really caring people. But also, no one is forcing you to always be there for someone, it is an investment of your time and effort.

I understand that, but It's starting to get annoying to get like 10+ threads about a person insulting her/him self over depression. This is a site about digital cookies, not that.

Seriously, now that the game hasn't been updated in a year there's no point in talking about it anymore.
    Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

I'm tired of all the suicidal/depression threads where the OP keep talking about how he is useless and he should kill himself. The first few times it was acceptable but now it feel like just crying for attention, and/or he doesn't realize this isn't the place to talk about depression for MONTHS. It's not that I hate you, this just isn't the place to talk about this.

And by saying that, you are just making things worse. Even if this isn't the place to talk about depression (which I disagree), you still are doing a lot of damage. By saying this, you are technically agreeing with BurntCookie. If you had just said that this isn't the place to talk about depression or he should get professional help, it would've been fine, but instead, you agreed with BurntCookie. Even if you don't actually agree with what BurntCookie has been saying, it still sounds like you agree, and agreeing with BurntCookie is one of the worst things you could do right now.
    I said it sounds like you are agreeing with him. BurntCookie thinks he is annoying by making these threads, and you said you said you are getting tired of these threads and it feels like he is crying for attention. Maybe you don't realize it, but that is going to make him feel worse, whether he feels a little bit worse or a lot worse.
    Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Gardevoir, it would help a lot if you just left this thread. Seriously, you're not wanted here.

I am not your slave, seriously. What I'm saying is true, this isn't the place to talk about depression, unless you want to admit this site is Depressed Bronies: The Forum.
    Just leave, seriously. What he said was true, unless you want to admit you're a jerk.
    I'm pretty sure he was ALWAYS saying he was annoying when making these threads, and it's indeed getting annoying having the same thread 1000000 time. He is far from being an annoying person in general, just when he keep making these threads he is annoying a bit.

Also, I'm not really planning on leaving now.

>If you disagree with me you're a jerk!

Okay.

• Zonoro13Zonoro13 Posts: 2,462Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

kirdneh said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

It's indeed getting annoying having the same thread 1000000 time.
    That's a mean thing to say.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
    Zyzzyzus said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Look dude, this IS the place to talk about it since we (well most) are a friendly bunch can share and help each other. It helps to vent and to share feelings with others. This might be the only place some can share their feelings.

It is your comments that are not wanted here.
    No, this is a FORUM to talk about Idle games and stuff. Not depression things.

• MasterSparkyMasterSparky Posts: 14,633Member, Internet Detective, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Zyzzyzus said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Look dude, this IS the place to talk about it since we (well most) are a friendly bunch can share and help each other. It helps to vent and to share feelings with others. This might be the only place some can share their feelings.

Dude, where the fuck have you been for the last 9+ months of the forum? Like seriously.

Gardevoir said:

Zyzzyzus said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Dude, where the fuck have you been for the last 9+ months of the forum? Like seriously.
    I've been in the forums. Duh.

• erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

This was (/is to a small extent) a place to talk about idle games. It has long changed to a community of users that talk about their life or random stuff. That gradually happened with the closing of registration and the missing updates for any stuff Orteil produced.
    Zyzzyzus said:

Gardevoir said:

Zyzzyzus said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Look up the meaning of off-topic. That is the name of this section so it is about anything not to do with the other sections.
    That's not a reason to rehash the same topic over and over again.
    erdbeere said:

Gardevoir said:

This was (/is to a small extent) a place to talk about idle games. It has long changed to a community of users that talk about their life or random stuff. That gradually happened with the closing of registration and the missing updates for any stuff Orteil produced.
    That's pretty much what an Off Topic forum is. But again it's not a reason to rehash the same thread again and again

• CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called off topic. As in, NOT ABOUT IDLE GAMES.
    You might as well hate this entire category because it doesn't talk about idle games.

Now for the love of christ, Gardevoir, get the fuck off this thread before you end up causing more depression in BurntCookie and fucking up even more.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

erdbeere said:

Gardevoir said:

That's pretty much what an Off Topic forum is. But again it's not a reason to rehash the same thread again and again
    Well, in your post you didn't talk about that. I only corrected your statement.

You might as well hate this entire category because it doesn't talk about idle games.

Now for the love of christ, Gardevoir, get the fuck off this thread before you end up causing more depression in BurntCookie and fucking up even more.

As in, NOT ABOUT REHASHING THE SAME TOPIC EITHER.

You're not my master.

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

Listen, I don't give a shit if I'm your master or not. I wouldn't wanna be the master of a gardevoir who's talking shit to a depressed person and making their sadness worse.

And where are you getting this "not rehashing the same topic either?" The idle game topics are rehashed, if that's what you mean, so, um...

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

I am, and I order you to leave this thread at once.
    No, thanks

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

Listen, I don't give a shit if I'm your master or not. I wouldn't wanna be the master of a gardevoir who's talking shit to a depressed person and making their sadness worse.

And where are you getting this "not rehashing the same topic either?" The idle game topics are rehashed, if that's what you mean, so, um...
    Doesn't making "Dupe" general thread is agaisnt the rules?

Also I'm not insulting him.

• ArtificialCookieArtificialCookie Posts: 384Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

No, thanks

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

I think you're just going to end up digging your own grave at this point.
    "And so basically, a lesbian mutt witnessed someone get fucking mauled in a tomb of ancient gods." - CWS
    "He, for some reason, I imagine everybody involved in the idler dramurs (except idler) holding up beer glasses and laughing, no, are you sure?,
    Yes has root beer, there we go kong *soda a donger face!" - Me ruining the DK Rap with CWS
    "I CAN'T BELIEVE ADUMB IS A NINJA DOG." - CWS
    "Who the hell is that hell Plankton?" ~Idler

https://pokefarm.com/user/ToxicGluttony
    Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

No, thanks

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

I don't care if you don't mean to insult him; you have done so on accident. By saying these depression threads are annoying, you're feeding his depression, which is telling him that he's annoying since he's whining he's depressed (which is false.)

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

No, thanks

Gardevoir said:

You're not my master.

I don't care if you don't mean to insult him; you have done so on accident. By saying these depression threads are annoying, you're feeding his depression, which is telling him that he's annoying since he's whining he's depressed (which is false.)
    "he's whining he's depressed (which is false.)"

What is he doing that?

• LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Posts: 1,042Member ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt this is the right thread to start a flame war.
    Just sayin'.
    shut the fuck up lun no one cares
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,374Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this flame war goes on any longer I'll start brandishing the flags, I recommend ya'll to do the same.
    Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

kirdneh said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

I'm pretty sure he was ALWAYS saying he was annoying when making these threads, and it's indeed getting annoying having the same thread 1000000 time. He is far from being an annoying person in general, just when he keep making these threads he is annoying a bit.

Okay.
    I don't care if you agree with me. I called you a jerk because you clearly do not realize how dangerous it is when you are saying someone is annoying when it is a depressed person who thinks they are annoying everyone you're talking to. I really hope you don't go on a thread with someone thinking seriously about suicide.
    Again I never said he's an overall annoying person overall, only this thread is.

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

kirdneh said:

Jarr2003 said:

Gardevoir said:

Gardevoir said:

Zonoro13 said:

Okay.
    I don't care if you agree with me. I called you a jerk because you clearly do not realize how dangerous it is when you are saying someone is annoying when it is a depressed person who thinks they are annoying everyone you're talking to. I really hope you don't go on a thread with someone thinking seriously about suicide.
    Again I never said he's an overall annoying person overall, only this thread is.
    I get that you didn't say he is an annoying person. But even saying his thread is annoying is enough to make him sad. Again, he thinks he is annoying. You are saying something he made is annoying. I'm literally spelling it out for you now. Even though you are not directly calling him annoying, you are still saying something he is doing is annoying, and you are just making things worse with every comment you make on this thread.
    Another one bites the dust
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,375Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happened to this thread
This discussion has been closed.