Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Are you in favor of same-sex marriage?

Comments

• Zonoro13Zonoro13 Posts: 2,462Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor

Layla said:

And, you know...why do gays exist if one shouldn't be gay?

Well... Why do sinners exist, then?
    Because if there's a god or diety, they're a total prick.
    What makes you think that?
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
  • OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor
    Zonoro13 said:

Layla said:

The fact that they would create people who they say everybody else should be an asshole to.
  • Zonoro13Zonoro13 Posts: 2,462Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor

Zonoro13 said:

Layla said:

The fact that they would create people who they say everybody else should be an asshole to.
    What makes you think they would, or did? Not every religious person is Christian, you know.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
    In favor
    Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

Layla said:

What makes you think they would, or did? Not every religious person is Christian, you know.
    Gay people and the fact that god supposedly hates gays. Not trying to start a religious war, but I think it'll happen.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor
    zicit said:

http://family.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26433/~/homosexuality-in-gods-created-order

Also, even if you do happen to be gay, nobody is forcing you to engage in acts of homosexuality. Maybe being attracted to your own gender isn't a choice, but participating in homosexual acts is.

Participating in acts of homosexuality is sinful. Not simply being attracted to your own gender.
    I think you might need to think about the other side of things, I don't think gay people would stop being gay because its a book,f and further-more, be magically ungayified in a matter of seconds for participating in acts with somebody they like.
    What's a sig btw
  • greydragon412greydragon412 Posts: 730Member, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    In favor
    Zonoro13 said:

Layla said:

1) Way too much unnecessary suffering in the world.
    2) No dragons in the world.

Probably more but I just woke up.

Though looking at what religion has done to this planet I wouldn't be surprised if it just looked at us and left again.
    zicit said:

http://family.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26433/~/homosexuality-in-gods-created-order

Also, even if you do happen to be gay, nobody is forcing you to engage in acts of homosexuality. Maybe being attracted to your own gender isn't a choice, but participating in homosexual acts is.

Participating in acts of homosexuality is sinful. Not simply being attracted to your own gender.
    You know what else is an abomination? Eating shrimp, or wearing two types of fabric at the same time. The Bible is outdated and was merely written by men to give men power over women and is now used for nothing more than as an excuse to be really shitty to other people. This, and all other Abrahamic religions, need to die off before society can progress. Where are the atheist wars? Oh wait, there aren't any, but there are plenty of religious wars. Why? Because you people don't believe you have any responsibility over your own actions, you just do whatever you feel like and go "Oh, god said so, it's fine."
  • AlderiAlderi Posts: 1,205Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    In favor

@zicit
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    In favor
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor
    I really like that a conversation involving homosexuality can be so predictable when CG is around.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Posts: 4,971Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor
    zicit said:

I'll just stop posting here. It's just that I thought it was so weird that CWS was supporting gay marriage, when he follows Christianity, a religion which says in many places that acts of homosexuality are sinful and an abomination.

So you think that everyone that is a christian must believe that gay acts are sinful? I'm pretty sure that lots of christians think that "being gay is sinful because the bible says so!" is BS.
    In favor

zicit said:

I'll just stop posting here. It's just that I thought it was so weird that CWS was supporting gay marriage, when he follows Christianity, a religion which says in many places that acts of homosexuality are sinful and an abomination.

So you think that everyone that is a christian must believe that gay acts are sinful? I'm pretty sure that lots of christians think that "being gay is sinful because the bible says so!" is BS.
    i.e most
  • DarthCookieDarthCookie Posts: 5,558Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Conversationalist Mod
    In favor
    A) People who cherry-pick the old testament like you are doing and don't pay attention to Jesus's teachings are wrong. People who follow everything in the old testament and ignore Jesus's teachings are Jewish.
    B) Most of Leviticus was hygiene laws and yes, the law against homosexuality, but even that was to protect the tribe's interests. Two strong breeding men that refused to have children? That's no way for the tribe to gain the numbers to survive long-term.
    C) Separation of church and state:

edited May 2015
    In favor
    edited May 2015
    In favor
    Zyzzyzus said:

What amazes me is how many Christians ignore 'Judge not lest ye be judged'. According to the Bible it isn't up to humans to judge if someone is a sinner or should go to hell. Yet so many are judgemental in this regard and thus could perhaps condemn themselves to being judged (if God did exist).
    Edit:
    Also, even Jesus admitted he was human and not perfect. Yet according to one denomination there is a mortal that is 'infallible' and thus better than Jesus.

Exactly, there are also more verses against judging in the Bible than there is against homosexuality, effectively making it a bigger sin than homosexuality.

Even worse, doing so, thinking you're so better than others and that you're so righteous that you can judge them in place of God, is one of the seven deadly sins : Pride, considered as the most serious and biggest of the deadly sins, because it is regarded as the source of every other sin.

I'm not even religious, and even I know that, step up you christian game, for Christ's sake!
    Post edited by Alderi on
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,176Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    In favor

"There are three things you never discuss with people. Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    ~Linus, Peanuts "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!"

And the Dreyfus case but that is a French reference.
    In favor
    Gouchnox said:

"There are three things you never discuss with people. Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

And the Dreyfus case but that is a French reference.
    Shhhh, you broke the first and second rules of the Dreyfus case ><
    In favor
    Alderi said:

Shhhh, you broke the first and second rules of the Dreyfus case ><

That reference broke me.
  • kenmariokenmario Posts: 372Member ✭✭✭
    In favor
    A rather interesting topic to discuss; it likes to bring up quite a few fantastic arguments.
    Also, I'm pretty sure the Bible calls being left-handed just as much of a sin as being homosexual.
    I like to refer to some other crazy stuff the Bible reminds us of as being a sin, such as crop rotation, forcing animals to work on a Sabbath, wearing clothes of two materials, etc.
    Lots of fun stuff.
    Goodbye the old, and welcome the new.
    The Fantasy Item Generator - Over 1.6e+117 Items
    edited May 2015
    In favor
    edited May 2015
    In favor
    Layla said:

Zyzzyzus said:

But nobody is perfect. By judging others you bring about judgement on yourself therefore it is a bad idea.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

So if a Christian judges that someone is a sinner, they better make sure they have never committed any sins. Since if they condemn the said sinner to hell then they will also be condemned to hell for their sins.
    But they will almost certainly have sinned at some point.

That's not about christianity, those traits are
    in the very core of the human being... Even if
    you were atheist, you also judge people, saying
    they should disappear, die, or simply not exist...
    And mot humans think they're doing things right...
    Religion is not bad, humans are bad, religion is
    just treated badly because that's what humans
    use as a shield...
    Yes, and most of Christians I know personally are very open minded and wonderful people. This discussion isn't against religion, nor is it against Christianity. It's against bigots who, as you said, use the Bible as a shield to justify their rotten hatred.

However, I don't agree with you when you say those traits are in the very core of the human being, but that is just a philosophical point of view, and therefore off-topic.

Oh, and @greydragon412 :

James 4:11-12 : Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 : For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.” (Already quoted that one earlier)

Romans 2:1 : Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

John 8:7 : And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

All in all, it's what Zyzzyzus said : you can judge only if yourself are sinless, and you can only judge other Christians. But nobody is sinless, so judging implies that you think you're so righteous and sinless that you're as good as God, as I said earlier, and is the sin of Pride. Only God can judge for he's the only one righteous enough to do so.
    Post edited by Alderi on
  • greydragon412greydragon412 Posts: 730Member, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    In favor
    LaVey Satanism is the religion that promotes himan nature.
    And awesome, the best way to find out how to counter something is by using it and seeing what's thrown at you.
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,176Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor

I do think you guys should actually pay attention to this quote; it'll help us all out in the grand scheme of things.
  • AbsolAbsol Posts: 334Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    Not in favor

Why does nobody on this site play FE
  • ImplodingLamaImplodingLama Posts: 55Member ✭✭
    In favor
    What camel said is true, if God truly hates homosexuality then why would he even "create" them?