Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What would make you reset?

______ Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Personally I'm waiting for the 7777 golden cookie clicks shadow achievement. Too far to reset now...

Would non-shadow achievements for resetting push you over the edge? Or are you just waiting for the dungeon update to get a fresh start?

EDIT: With the further integration of heavenly chips and new buildings, this thread is no longer relevant. Resetting has become a vital part of gameplay. This thread shall stand as a testament to those who once feared going over the edge.
Post edited by ___ on

Comments

• atheistcanuckatheistcanuck Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    waiting for the dungeon update.
  • GrandmaGrandma Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I'm also waiting for the dungeon update.
  • titaniumtitanium Member Posts: 23
    When I complete the dungeon and get the 7777 golden cookie achievement after that I would be bored out of my mind forcing me to reset.
  • MetasightMetasight Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    I reset just for the heavenly chips, haha. I kinda regret it, but I within a few days I'll be back to where I was hopefully. I might reset again on the dungeon update depending on how many heavenly chips I would get
  • titaniumtitanium Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2013
    Metasight said:

I reset just for the heavenly chips, haha. I kinda regret it, but I within a few days I'll be back to where I was hopefully. I might reset again on the dungeon update depending on how many heavenly chips I would get

I legitly don't know what heavenly chips are, cant wait to see when I reach my goal
  • Hawkeman92Hawkeman92 Member Posts: 4
    A person pointing a gun to my head.
  • CroremCrorem Member Posts: 21
    If I can get 40-50 more heavenly chips in a save then I'd probably reset.
  • OptiOpti Administrator, Game Dev, Server Operator Posts: 699 Admin
    I also reset for heavenly chips. Will probably be resetting again when dungeons come out.
  • RenRen Member Posts: 7
    I'm still waiting to buy the last few time machines for the achievement and then I'll reset. Too bad about the golden cookies but I only have about 1,100 clicks so far...
  • amalathamalath Member Posts: 39
    Waiting to get my 100 machines and 200 cursors. After that I'll reset.
    Maybe 777 golden cookies too.
    So I heard you like clicking.
    imageimageimage
  • CookieLoverCookieLover Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Just to achieve 7777 golden cookies image And after dungeon update.
    Maybe I will wait for something more after update... maybe for next update? XD I don't know what would make me reset my game |D More probably is that I will run another one in different browser |D
  • HessenHessen Member Posts: 35
    I'm just waiting for the dungeon update, then I'll reset.
    :^)
  • LinuxPoserLinuxPoser Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2013
    I reset when my CPS hits a soft cap. Also when dungeons come out, but im afraid now with all my heavenly chips ill run through dungeon content in no time.
  • chenchenlichenchenli Member Posts: 14

waiting for the dungeon update.

me too
  • Master4swordsMaster4swords Member Posts: 2
    Personally, I'm going to have my Prestiged save for the dungeon update, but also start a second game with a hard-reset.
  • MildanMildan Member Posts: 8
    Heavenly chips and Dungeons!
  • AllycatAllycat Member Posts: 18
    I normally reset whenever an update is released that adds something(I reset with 550 million CPS when the grandmapocalypse was released, and again when Heavenly chips were released with 560 trillion cookies total and 680 million cps) and when things just get stale. Like, I was waiting to get 100 trillion to get a 15% cps upgrade and it would have taken 4 or 5 days of leaving my pc on overnight to reach it.

I'll probably reset again when dungeons come out.
    A friendly desert community
    Where the Sun is hot
    The Moon is beautiful
    And mysterious lights pass overhead, while we all pretend to sleep.
    Welcome... to Night Vale
  • nd_malletnd_mallet Member Posts: 13
    I reset just for the CPS boost so I could reach my goals faster. Instead of waiting for days and clicking every golden cookie I saw so I could buy he last 30 cursors or machines I needed, I decided to just Prestige for an extra 40% CPS boost
  • GenostylerSyoGenostylerSyo Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Much like other folks here, I'm just waiting for the dungeons to come out.

Though while I'm doing that I'm also trying to see how much in the way of ~*~mad cookies~*~ I can make before resetting but yeah. Also trying to see if I can acquire 100 TIme Machines as that's the only achievement I'm missing out on
    Gaahaa... No. This isn't funny.
  • AllycatAllycat Member Posts: 18

Also trying to see if I can acquire 100 TIme Machines as that's the only upgrade I'm missing out on

Same here. I've got 4 achievements left, 200 cursors, 100 time machines, and two of the golden cookie achievements. Hopefully I can get three of those before Dungeons come out :P
    A friendly desert community
    Where the Sun is hot
    The Moon is beautiful
    And mysterious lights pass overhead, while we all pretend to sleep.
    Welcome... to Night Vale
  • LuckyLucky Member Posts: 101
    I'm waiting to get 777 cookies and 100 time machines(last Achi). I have 82/93 Upgrades atm, but I'll worry about them once I have my Time Machines. And I'll reset once I get that 777/100 mark
    One two, grandma's coming for you.
    Three four, you're tied up on the floor
    Five six, she's got batter mix.
    Seven eight, you are on a plate.
    Nine ten, she's got you again.
    Better have them cookies ready, or you'll become one.
  • DonateReflexDonateReflex Member Posts: 4
    The heavenly chips are a decent enough reason, but I'm holding off on reseting again until dungeons come out.
  • KittyKitty Member Posts: 180
    That stupid 7777 golden cookies achievement. I'm at 1800 something cookies now and that took me how many weeks? I ain't resetting 'til I get that achievement...
    (^・ω・^ )ノimage
  • LegendenLegenden Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I actually did that about an hour ago because i wanted heavenly chips, i got 13 :P
    That was the first time i reset my game.
    I wont do that again before the dungeons.
    I am the master of something!
    Fear me, or I will fear you!
  • TowwlTowwl Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I'm not prestiging until the dungeon update because I'm too attached to my current save ;_;
  • BobBob Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
    If I can get a few hundred heavenly chips, I'll be satisfied.
  • trollmylovetrollmylove Member Posts: 16
    heavenly chips
  • ______ Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    oh grandmatriarch I reset what have I done
  • worldstoneworldstone Member Posts: 20
    Wow like half of the posts in this thread show that golden cookie clicks should carry over through resets haha. I'm also waiting until 7777 to reset.
  • NikhilNikhil Member Posts: 9
    I dit it 2 days ago for 173 hchips, will probably do it again at 300.