Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How Close Are You to Bicentennial?

Comments

• iAMminchoiAMmincho Posts: 3,874Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Aureliano said:

iAMmincho said:

I'm guessing earlier, around prism 190 or someting. Those extra prisms (190-200) won't help your cps much anyway, atleast less than 5% or your cps.

I am of the same mind. Well, it's going to be boring as heck to just not buy anything for the next few days... but might as well bite the bullet and wait for over 300sx in my bank...
    Yes I had the same thing with my walk the planck run, I only had like 2 sext baked this game and I started saving, at last I had 35 sext in bank and only 2 sext spend, but I think that was still the best way to go.
  • AurelianoAureliano Posts: 84Member
    Another question (this time for code-delvers or those with obscene idling/high CpS)...

Prior to the Easter update, Wrinklers would only store up to 1sx total when you closed your browser. Any more and they would reset. That's been fixed... but is there still a cap? I think I've popped up to 18sx from them before, but if I'm not buying anything there's no reason to pop them at all (it'll just lower my CpS a bit, due to waiting for a respawn)... but I don't want to cross some unknown boundary and lose them all when my browser closes by accident. Thanks in advance!
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    Aureliano said:

Another question (this time for code-delvers or those with obscene idling/high CpS)...

Prior to the Easter update, Wrinklers would only store up to 1sx total when you closed your browser. Any more and they would reset. That's been fixed... but is there still a cap? I think I've popped up to 18sx from them before, but if I'm not buying anything there's no reason to pop them at all (it'll just lower my CpS a bit, due to waiting for a respawn)... but I don't want to cross some unknown boundary and lose them all when my browser closes by accident. Thanks in advance!

I currently have 473 sext in my wrinklers, and I have no problems with them.

Nice, thank you!
  • MufasaMufasa Posts: 30Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Aureliano said:

Nice, thank you!
    +1. Thanks for the information.
    Excuse me if my English is not very successful...
  • iAMminchoiAMmincho Posts: 3,874Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Aureliano said:

the bug has been solved, I don't see any flaw anymore.
  • ImStylinOnYaBroImStylinOnYaBro Posts: 398Member ✭✭
    when this round comes to a conclusion, i will be at 197 prims, but still a nice an clean 220+ sx away. on a good note, next round will easily achieve it.
  • cookie_addictcookie_addict Posts: 61Member
    Aureliano said:

Long story short, I'm at 194 Prisms and not even finished with day 4 yet. Which is absolutely amazing.

Aureliano- So where are you at now? I'm currently at 251 hours, 490sx baked, 196 prisms. Gawd this is slow going (for me!) I think I'm still 5-6 days out.

For those of you considering your bicentennial run- IMHO you should consider pushing up to 1.3-1.5m HC before starting. I'm doing mine at 1m and it's painfully slow.
  • WaniWani Posts: 82Member

Aureliano said:

Long story short, I'm at 194 Prisms and not even finished with day 4 yet. Which is absolutely amazing.

Aureliano- So where are you at now? I'm currently at 251 hours, 490sx baked, 196 prisms. Gawd this is slow going (for me!) I think I'm still 5-6 days out.

For those of you considering your bicentennial run- IMHO you should consider pushing up to 1.3-1.5m HC before starting. I'm doing mine at 1m and it's painfully slow.
    I'm up to 186 Prisms right now with 1m HCs, but I can reset for 1.14m. I'm thinking, I might reset at 1.25m HCs and try again from there. That should be a pretty huge boost.

Currently sitting at 194 Prisms, 132 hours into the run. Total baked this game 403sx (current bank 73sx). That doesn't take into account my Wrinklers, which I haven't popped since Friday (just checked; with them popped, it's 445sx baked this game). Didn't play actively much this weekend, but I should still be able to finish Bicentennial by the end of this upcoming work week!

I'm still not sure if waiting for over 1.3 million HC is worthwhile or not. This game with 1.5M is going quite well for speed so far!
  • bioctoplasteriobioctoplasterio Posts: 39Member
    I am, at long last, one Prism away from Bicentennial. It's about 5pm local right now, I should have enough to buy it by the time I get in tomorrow.
    Getting closer, still on target to finish up in the next couple of days. Current stats:
    583sx baked this game
    252sx in bank
    ~20sx in Wrinklers (it is an odd sensation to pop the suckers and be disappointed to get less than 20sx...)
    Prisms: 194 (waiting for over 300sx to use the chocolate egg)
    Session length: 178 hours
    1.509M HC
  • bioctoplasteriobioctoplasterio Posts: 39Member
    edited June 2014
    Got it! Wooooooohoooooooo! Um.... Now what should I do?

Edit: Just realized there are some achievements that I can work toward, all is well.
  • GreebleyGreebley Posts: 80Member ✭✭
    I also made it. The last two updates made it twice as fast as I originally thought it would take.
    I plan to get to the one septillion reset now that my cps is nearly doubled.

Ok that is weird. I just noticed the big cookie had vanished in my other cookie run....
    Reset and it came back.
    Made it in the club!

Ended up not using my Chocolate Cookie, as the bonus when I reset in a week will be more worthwhile for HC gain after I sell all my buildings. Final stats:

Cookies baked (this game) :734.201 Sx
    Cookies baked (all time) :1.874 Sp
    Session started : 208 hours ago
    HC: 1.509M

Feels good :-) Now to farm for the next week or so. Hoping when I reset I'll have a 20-25% boost thanks to HC gain.
  • WaniWani Posts: 82Member
    I'm definitely determined to make it in this game! Reset with 1.2M HCs, up to 181 Prisms now, so... getting there!

My plan is to reset with 2M HCs, which apparently is 1.162 Sept cookies away.
  • Zonoro13Zonoro13 Posts: 2,462Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll reset this run for ~1.1 Million HC tomorrow, reset next week for hopefully 1.4 Million HC, then go for it.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
  • blackbeardblackbeard Posts: 43Member
    I just have to tell someone (and because i have no friends you will be my victim) the boost of kitten managers is fuuucking imposibrrrruuuuuu

now you can flag the post
  • AnterakAnterak Posts: 193Member ✭✭
    I just started my Bicentennial run with 1.033 million HCs (and I already got lucky with 2nd GC being Frenzy and 3rd click frenzy), and I was wondering what numbers of each building you were buying before focusing on Prisms alone.

I was planning to get to 280 cursors, 250 grandmas, 200 of everything else (but TMs), 150 ACs, and from then keep on buying only prisms.

Any thought ?

tl;dr : Is there an "efficient" way to the building buying process when you're on your bicentennial run.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    320 cursors, 200 everything else is what I went with. There's no reason not to grab best cursor update. Also no reason not to grab TMs. Also no reason not to get 200 ACs - it adds ~10% CpS. And trust me, it will make your life easier.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod

Hah, that's funny. You want at least 200 of everything if not more.

Probably not more. Most stuff won't make much of an impact - upgrades are most important.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • HartogHartog Posts: 123Member ✭✭
    Pro tip: you can't get Bicentennial with less than 200 Antimatter Condensers.
  • AnterakAnterak Posts: 193Member ✭✭
    Hartog said:

Pro tip: you can't get Bicentennial with less than 200 Antimatter Condensers.

Sometimes I'm stupid.
    Why did I thought that achievements alone were enough to "unlock" Bicentennial.

Well thanks guys anyway, I guess I have no choice. :p
    Anterak said:

I was wondering what numbers of each building you were buying before focusing on Prisms alone.

320 Cursors, 300 Grandmas, then smaller amounts (250 or under) of the others. You'll want the last cursor upgrade if you are playing in One Mind. Got 200 AC as soon as I hit 160 or so Prisms; you need to do it anyway, and the boost is quite large (about 10x what a Prism gives just for the 200 AC upgrade itself).

Also, while it's a bit meta, you can avoid almost all clots and ruins. Just save right before a wrath cookie and refresh if it's a bad result. Makes the danger of Frenzied Ruins a lot less scary.
  • 2dextreem2dextreem Posts: 19Member
    Aureliano said:

Also, while it's a bit meta, you can avoid almost all clots and ruins. Just save right before a wrath cookie and refresh if it's a bad result. Makes the danger of Frenzied Ruins a lot less scary.

Actually, that's not a good idea. I don't know if it's a bug or intentional, but every time you refresh the page the season gets reset. You would need to repurchase Christmas again, and if you do that too much it becomes prohibitively expensive.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    2dextreem said:

Aureliano said:

Actually, that's not a good idea. I don't know if it's a bug or intentional, but every time you refresh the page the season gets reset. You would need to repurchase Christmas again, and if you do that too much it becomes prohibitively expensive.
    You don't need to repurchase it. The option to purchase it is just there.
    (Orteil added it as a temporary solution to complaints of people not being able to change to the new season.)
  • 2dextreem2dextreem Posts: 19Member
    erdbeere said:

You don't need to repurchase it. The option to purchase it is just there.
    (Orteil added it as a temporary solution to complaints of people not being able to change to the new season.)

Oh, really? I never noticed that. Anyway, good thing I'll be resetting soon anyway. I just hit Bicentennial myself and I'm saving up cookies until I can get the septillion reset achievement, which will leave me with around 1.7m HCs.

Seeing as the next step after that is the octillion reset achievement, when is the best point to reset at? Every new million HCs?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    2dextreem said:

Seeing as the next step after that is the octillion reset achievement, when is the best point to reset at? Every new million HCs?

I personally let my sessions run for a week before resetting, which usually nets me a bit more than a million HCs, so I'd say yes. It's going to be a long time before we can get the Octillion reset legitimately anyway.