Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Mine-Clicker!

Comments

• Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great!

...Maybe it should be that each monster has a 100% chance of giving their drop.

...It's too grindy otherwise.

Also...

Can we prioritize sword upgrades?

It's hard to get damage now.

Also, what if you could upgrade the village that you find originally VIA exploring?

As in, building a Smithy allows you to get the furnace upgrades (it would require Anvils and Lava, which could be made from iron and wit a Bucket upgrade to the mining which gives water and lava when mining), a library (requires bookshelves, which need books, which need paper, and it would allow you to enchant stuff), the Town Hall (allows Villager jobs), house upgrades (improves the efficiency of Villagers), mines (improves general ore mining, can lead to new ores), farms (same thing, except for food), pens (allows you to get animal resources), temples (very expensive (requires diamonds, emeralds, gold, all that, has a series of blessing upgrades with unique effects), a Witch's Hut (could replace the other witch's hut in game, allows for general boosting potion upgrades), Iron golems (upgrade unlocked after the Smithy, Temple, and Witch hut, deals a LOT of damage per second), stuff like that.
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Posts: 170Member ✭✭
    ...It's too grindy otherwise.
    You dare say to the man who wrote;
    -requires 500 FIW, 450 PicW, 400 SchW, 350 BIRW, 300 SKW, 250 SAIW, 200 BIKW, 150 SWIW, 100 PSYW All requiring an abusurd amout of a very limited resource at 90%-45% chances of actually succeeding rofl

I'm just kidding, sword upgrades will come with enchanting (working on right now actually). And those are amazing ideas about the village; sounds like a lay out for the millionare mod. Which will now need to be added at some point :P
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millanaire (That's how you spell it. Not millionaire) is a cool mod. Its up there with Tinkers' construct, The old Buildcraft where it was very complicated, and thermal expansion.

Also I think add-ons would be cool. Like Iguanas Tweaks for Ticonstruct.
    I'm trying to make some more icons, I will probably try to do 2 sets if I have a sufficient amount of time.
    What's a sig btw
  • DemonicSprinklesDemonicSprinkles Posts: 987Member ✭✭✭
    Speaking of which, since the damage it takes to kill an enemy increases, maybe the experience gained could increase as well? Because otherwise chance could screw you over and it'd be harder to enchant to make up for it.
    "My reverse psychology will never work on you!" ~kirdneh
    "I'm a square!" ~DarthCookie
    Username Gen
    edited March 2015

Speaking of which, since the damage it takes to kill an enemy increases, maybe the experience gained could increase as well? Because otherwise chance could screw you over and it'd be harder to enchant to make up for it.

Thinking about that, Would:
    -gains X per [Itself]
    Work?

EDIT:
    I started to draw other things, like demons for my thread... I might stop procrastinating tomorrow.
    Post edited by Uiomancant on
    What's a sig btw
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Millanaire (That's how you spell it. Not millionaire) is a cool mod. Its up there with Tinkers' construct, The old Buildcraft where it was very complicated, and thermal expansion.

Also I think add-ons would be cool. Like Iguanas Tweaks for Ticonstruct.
    I'm trying to make some more icons, I will probably try to do 2 sets if I have a sufficient amount of time.

Millanaire...

Isn't that French?
    Wait...

Are you gonna use legitimate mods, or are you going to make them up (with made-up content)?
    Ooh, can we have the Mo' Mobs mod?
    Also, this game REALLY makes me want to play Minecraft again...

...It's too bad that my laptop can't run the game for more than 15 minutes without it starting to lag.
  • james27558james27558 Posts: 12Member ✭✭
    Hello! I was wondering if i could use your style sheet. I don't know how to design one and i don't have much time on my hands to learn. If it's a no the i don't mind. Thank you!
    :)
    edited March 2015
    @DemonicSprinkles

Thinking about that, Would:
    -gains X per [Itself]
    Work?
    Trying this now, and removed chances already. However that was only for the item drops, not xp as well :P

@Uiomancant Thank you for working on those, take your time making them :)

@Anon9mous The plan is to use legit mods, I'm trying my best to keep it as minecraft-y as I can lol And I know how you feel, I've been itching to play too. I'll probably go through some mods to see what would translate well to this.

@james27558 Sure thing! Something to note though is that achievement and upgrade names are hidden when bought so they'll disappear if they don't have an image. Also selling is disabled. I can help you out with one if you want

And finally
    Adding in enchanting now!
    Enchanting table costs diamonds and obsidian, unlocks at 1 level
    Unbreaking 1 is for all tools, including swords
    Sharpness 1-6 increases sword damage
    Efficiency 1-6 increases all tools output, minus swords

Also xp from mobs now increases 10% each time one is defeated
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Yay, now it's easier to get the levels for enchanting!
    Still need a lot of clicks though, it's gonna be a pain to get the 20k clay... (8k clicks?)

Maybe reduce the amount of bricks needed to like 3k. (60% as many clicks, so only 4.8k)

PS. I cheated in the amount of levels I should have right now, so I multiplied by 1.45.
    Hmm...

Did you know that enchanting stuff increases the "d(action)" of it, along with the special loots?

Also...

Fishing, maybe?

...With some of the cool fishing mods?
    edited March 2015
    Oh, and the Efficiency/Sharpness 6 upgrades unlock immediately.
    @Anon9mous Fixed that, forgot to change how they were unlocked with the rest of them. And no I hadn't thought about the random loot increasing too but it seems fine, it'll help with future upgrade progression.
    Fishing my come if/when I add food... then that would need hp and timers etc....

Maybe finally changing the brick requirement to 2.5k will make @1234abcdcba4321 want to help with those ;P
    Naw, I was thinking more food for villagers (which would be required for village upgrades).

There would be buildings that produce food as well, like the mob spawners, the tree farm (at a slow rate, due to fruits), and the dirt gatherer (because potatoes).
    Aha, I was going farms for all foods, passive hunger depletion, debuffs when starving.
    That sounds much more do-able than where I was going :P

Aha, I was going farms for all foods, passive hunger depletion, debuffs when starving.
    That sounds much more do-able than where I was going :P

...Ooh, and maybe they'll occasionally produce rare resources, like pearls (white, black and purple, from least rarest to rarest), rare fish, artifacts (if you get a boat, that is (wait, great idea: Different kinds of fishers for buildings, or boat upgrades that make the fisher building get better fish/more rare resources)), legendary sea beasts, all that!

And farms can have amazing food, like Golden Melons, Skypiercing beanstalks, and other amazing rare/mythical plants!
    Still a bit far off at this point, meaning I haven't started them at all, but what do you guys think of:
    Tinkers construct (clicking/resource mod branch)
    Twilight forest (Adventure/magic mod branch)
    Thermal expansion (Idle production/tech mod branch)

As the first 3 mod choices?
    @Anon9mous Millanaire is french.

Also can I have a day off from drawing? (Its my birthday and I will probably make some anyway because not giving something back makes me guilty.)
    What's a sig btw
    Sounds nice.

...Can we have it so that we DON'T have to branch off?

I don't want to miss any of the mods. :(
    @Uiomancant HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Do what you want haha :)

@Anon9mous Sorry to clarify, I didn't mean branch as in class, just more like skill paths. Meaning tech5 requires tech1-4, you could still get magic5 but have to progress that path 1-4 as well.

@Anon9mous Sorry to clarify, I didn't mean branch as in class, just more like skill paths. Meaning tech5 requires tech1-4, you could still get magic5 but have to progress that path 1-4 as well.

Nothing. I do like reverse birthday presents though. Maybe i'll draw a background.
    What's a sig btw
  • ZahgoZahgo Posts: 2Member
    Pretty good game. I haven't gotten to play the game that much, but it seems pretty good.
    "3.14159265359 is the best number" ~ Pi
    Zahgo said:

Pretty good game. I haven't gotten to play the game that much, but it seems pretty good.

And now, we wait for updates...
    edited March 2015
    Working on thermal expansion at the moment while I think of how to implement TC in the current tool progression...

Just had a stroke of genius! It's ugly but the upgrades to unlock a mod will take -1 mod level for the respective branch/path, which will allow me to just add on lines like -gives X modresource1 requiring 1 modlevel to the clickables I have now, rather than reworking the entire progression unlocking.
    ~In theory~
    Post edited by Zammorak3285 on
    Also quick question, is it preferable for me to release things as I go, or wait until everything is done?
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭

Also quick question, is it preferable for me to release things as I go, or wait until everything is done?

If it's a certain aspect that you're working on (like the food system), wait until it's done.

If you're improving a mechanic in-game, then do it along the way.
  • PighousePighouse Posts: 254Member ✭✭✭
    IT'S A SIGN.
    When will he get on next?