Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Mine-Clicker!

Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Posts: 157 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Games
I'm gonna go ahead and post this, I've been working on it on and off for about 2 weeks now. (Yes it's what has been distracting me from my other game.)
I feel it's much more refined than Poke-clicker, in that it looks much nicer and I actually have an idea of what I'm doing now :P

I would assume most people know what to do, I tried to keep it as close to minecraft as I could, with obvious number changes.
But for those of you who don't, here's a step by step guide to start. If you really need it:
  1. Usually it's punch wood but here we start with dirt
  2. Once you get enough you can grow a tree, make your first house, and start composting
  3. here comes the wood punching, this gets you wood for the first tier of tools also your first house upgrade
  4. These all work slightly better, the pick lets you start getting stone and coal
  5. Stone+Wood means stone tools, better income and new resources
And that's as far as I'm gonna tell you, minecraft is about figuring everything out and forging your own path, go have fun!

But anyway, link: Here
All images excluding the background are either by me, @Uiomancant or in-game sprites from the Minecraft wiki.
    What I have in the game so far:
  • An XP/level system
  • Damage counters and monsters (5 Nether mobs and 6 overworld)
  • Exploration (still WIP but still has a feature)
  • Quite a few basic blocks/resources
    Dirt, Sand, Clay, Brick, Gravel, Wood, Stone, Coal, Ironore, Ironingot, Goldore, Goldingot, Redstone, Lapis, Diamond, Emerald, Obsidian, netherrack, quartz, glowstone, soulsand

• Smelting system
  • 6 block-generating buildings
  • An upgradable house(unlocks new mobs)
  • Wood-Diamond: Axe, Sword, Shovel, and Pick plus a few barehanded gathering clickables
  • 46 Achievements
A note on going to the nether; The seemingly random requirement names are just a way to make sure you have full diamond tools before you can get there

Planned Features:
More production buildings and upgrades for them
Nether fortresses
Brewing
More generated structures(Found by exploring)

Should be bug free at the moment!

And now it's after thought time! When I had originally started making this game, I envisioned adding content from mods as "expansions" or whatever you'd like to call them as post-reset content. So once I have the vanilla game fleshed out, I'll have a reset after the enderdragon and add a mod. Once that mod is through, reset again after completing the mod and the enderdragon(or the mods boss) and add another. Orrrrrr maybe even have a choice as to which "branch" of mod you'd like to develop, ie; Production, adventure, building! Okay brainstorm over, carry on.
Post edited by Zammorak3285 on

Comments

• UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a game like this. You had to collect things and make buildings to create a new alloy or smelt a new ore, but I will give it a try.

• Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Posts: 157 ✭✭
    @DarthCookie Dark blue maybe?

@Uioamancant I think you're thinking of the Terraria Idle, I finished that one too lol
    The actual games are indeed very similar and as a result the igm versions have similar themes, better material progression and whatnot
    edited March 2015

@DarthCookie Dark blue maybe?

@Uioamancant I think you're thinking of the Terraria Idle, I finished that one too lol
    The actual games are indeed very similar and as a result the igm versions have similar themes, better material progression and whatnot

Nope. another one.

This one:
    http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/2938/craft-clicker/p1

However it seems to be broken, which is so sad.

edited March 2015
    @Uiomancant I just checked out that game and from the thread, sounded like it was pretty cool and already had started on adding mods.
    The paste has been removed though sadly, I'm going to try to get in touch with the creator and see if they'd want to work on this with me a bit :)
  • PighousePighouse Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    okay so I have 10 tree farms, and I only get 0.1 trees a second. wat.
    When will he get on next?
    @Pighouse Fixed! I noticed mine was doing the same, looked at the code for it, it's just fine. Then I realised I had upgrades like this.....
    -multiplies efficiency of Treefarm by 10%
    It's now -multiplies efficiency of Treefarm by 110% like it should be.

@Pighouse Fixed! I noticed mine was doing the same, looked at the code for it, it's just fine. Then I realised I had upgrades like this.....
    -multiplies efficiency of Treefarm by 10%
    It's now -multiplies efficiency of Treefarm by 110% like it should be.

thanks.
    how do you get levels? once I get 10 EXP it just goes to 0 and I gain no levels.
    I guess I'll try this again.

That's interesting, the way I have levels set up is through an abstract building that gives a level for 100 xp.
    My prognosis is that it's taking the 10 and giving .1 level but showing 0 digits so it looks like it does nothing.
    But I'm heading to bed so I'll look at it in the morning
    Okay yeah I was on the right track but I turned level upping into a clickable, it converts 100 xp to 1 level :)
  • apotheosisapotheosis Posts: 139 ✭✭
    It requires a ridiculous amount of clicking to kill later monsters. Perhaps a building to auto-damage monsters?
    @apotheosis Yeah I'm still working on buildings and upgrades, there will most likely be multiple buildings for it. It needs quite a bit of balancing as well though tbh
    I completely reworked how buildings are practically right before I released the game so bear with me :P
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs a LOT more idle upgrades.

(Also, does this mean that you gave up on Pokeclicker? :c)
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    edited March 2015
    @Anon9mous No, this doesn't mean the end of Pokeclicker! It's at a stage now, in my opinion, where it has enough major content that it can hold it's own for a bit. It definitely needs balancing, more tiers, upgrades, post-reset perks etc. though.
    All of which I'll still be working on while I make this game into hopefully something similar but unique from the rpg-journey of pokeclicker and "traditional" idle game.
    *Endlongwindedpost -named stfu -unlocks Importantinfo

Things I'll be working on tonight for Mineclicker!
    • A building or two for most basic resources
    • Moar upgrades for buildings and maybe clicking
    • Rethink/balance monster hp: Check, new system/costs in the spoiler. Not how I usually have it when I actually use maths but it should be much better now and still be a challenge
      10 of each at 110%

--------------nether

EDIT:
    -Got distracted, added images for villager workers
    -Added a monster farm (basic damage building) and a guard, also damage dealing @apotheosis
    Post edited by Zammorak3285 on
    Okay so the fruits of last nights labor:
    • Nerfed monster hp
    • Added 2 buildings for damage
    • There's now 4 upgrades for each type of building(A new resource for damage ones too)
    • Images for all!
  • PurgePurge Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to cheat by buying 23 creepers, leveling up, selling the creeper and re-buying them for extra xp. I was able to get 6 levels b this alone. Solution: Remove selling for the monsters or make their refund 0%
    ""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
    @Purge2202 You sneaky darkrai you... I thought I made a fail safe for that lol
    I made it so it would take the xp it gives back when sold but yeah if you turn that xp into a level...

Now fixed!
    "Monsters sure is dumb"

Should be
    "Monsters sure are dumb"

That's intended, It's a joke :P

That's intended, It's a joke :P

I wasn't quite sure. I sure is dumb though.

• james27558james27558 Posts: 12
    I'd love to see the code for this! I'm trying to make games that last for more then 2 Minuets but i have no ideas and i want to make them look neater and more professional.
    :)
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have some... Uncanon minecraft materials, like steel, copper, all that?
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    @Anon9mous Those will come with mods, after a reset or something (mostly having everyone test what I have so far tbh) Tinkers construct, Thermal expansion, and most tech mods add many ores and whatnot

@james27558 Pastebin link here
    And the bin for my other game Poke-clicker here
    Let me know if you'd like any help at all, either brainstorming, coding, or making things look fancy. I'm definitely not an expert but I try lol
  • StellarexysStellarexys Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭

Thermal expansion

Does Redstone Flux need a cap?
    The mods will make for an interesting ascending mechanic.

Mainly going to be focusing on this tonight! Things I'll be working on:
    1. More exploration based buildings/clickables/upgrades
    2. Expand on the actual storyline/progression (wither, strongholds, the end)
    3. Monster specific resources, mainly for nether mobs and endermen
    4. An outline for brewing... maybe
    Is brewing going to be like a clicking bonus. Like if I make a strength potion, I get a small permanent boost to my damage, or just have one of those time based things.

It will most likely be a permanent boost, unless I have a stroke of genius and make a decent system for timed buffs.
    I can say with certainty, that it won't be like the pokeclicker timed potions.