Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

BUGS WITH THE BETA - PLEASE POST HERE

Comments

• Foxtrot5402Foxtrot5402 Member Posts: 2
    So my cookie production rate dropped tremendously overnight, and I didn't do anything for this to happen. Can anyone help explain please?
  • MScoMSco Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    After importing my Save from 1.046, I directly ascended.

Then I was able to set the Prism Upgrade as Permanent Upgrade, but this should not be possible!! Because I had 200 Prisms in the 1.046, but not in the 1.9 version. There I only had 200 portals because of the new building system.

The bug, that I can just use take over my 200-Prism upgrade from 1.046 to 1.9 should be fixed. This is very imbalanced.
    Have a look at my two Addons MSco Stats and Real Perfect Idling: https://github.com/MSco/RealPerfectIdling

The Addon MSco Stats gives some Extra Stats and fixes the two game-breaking bugs in 1.9. The Addon Real Perfect Idling simulates cookies earned and cookies sucked while the game is closed. It calculates the amount of time between now and the last time the game was saved. All features are simulated exactly like in the original game.

Please feel free to give me your feedback and suggestions.
  • DarkyDarky Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Upgrade/Achievement Images don't load correctly. Like "Builder", "Lucky Cookie", "Tabloid addiction" and some more somewhere.
  • OvnidemonOvnidemon Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Upgrades order doesn't keep still. When you buy one, they often shuffle for no reason.

When you ascend you gain more HC than you should (a lot more) (If I am not wrong, it's the HC that you still have + your new prestige level.) (doesn't work if you don't raise your prestige)
    Ex: I was Prestige 100 and still have 15 unspent HC. I raise my prestige to 150. Instead of gaining 50 HC and have 65 HC, I gain 150 HC and have 165 HC in total. (Making hyper easy to all unlock: you just need to increase by one and ascend.
  • harczosharczos Member Posts: 1
    browser: ie10

error: SCRIPT16389: Unspecified error.
    main.js, line 1813 character 6

steps: ascend, then choose permanent upgrade I

using the save from live, as soon as i click the upgrade slot in the ascension screen i get this error, before choosing an upgrade. after closing the popup window, im not able to drag the window around, and if i choose reincarnate, the screen goes black. refreshing the page takes me back to before i ascended.
  • ChryosChryos Member Posts: 2
    The scaling of Christmas and egg upgrade prices is being influenced by temporary multipliers from the golden cookies. I'd assume the intent is for the price to be based on base CPS, not current, or it can easily be cheesed.
    edited December 2015
    The Polymath achievement only unlocks if you reload.
    Update: it was unlocked while playing but later than it should. But can be unlocked with the right conditions if you reload
    Update2: it seems that I got over 300 upgrades with the eggs but only got the achievement while playing by buying a regular upgrade.

Also, don't know if linked but I had access to vanilla milk before obtainig it.
    Post edited by Ovnidemon on
    edited December 2015
    Not a bug but the kitten aura and the prestige aura do the same thing, isn't it?

Prestige aura: CPS= Base * Cookie multiplier*(Prestige multiplier*1.05)*kitten multi
    Kitten aura: CPS= Base * Cookie multiplier*Prestige multiplier*(kitten multi*1.05)
    So both of them =Base * Cookie multiplier*Prestige multiplier*kitten multi*1.05
    Since it's a multiplication

And Kitten aura could even be stronger even though it's the second one, depending of the calculation since they are multiplicative (meaning (kitten A*1.05*kitten B*1.05*kitten C*1.05...)) (this doesn't change anything if it's applied on the milk instead of the multiplicater. 150% milk *1.05 *10% kitten percentage (for the worker) = (150%*10%)*1.05)

And, btw, the clicking aura also becomes very weak since in the latter game your clicking power is CPS dependant.

Generally speaking, auras need balance. The last one is very powerful (CPS*2)but the Dragonflight is as powerful (*1500 clicking for 22 sec,happen often and can be added to a *7 GC) but Dragonflight is just a mid aura.
    Post edited by Ovnidemon on
    Is it normal that at the same number of buildings (250) the contribution of time machines is bigger than these of the antimatter?
  • pastapasta Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Reindeer give you X10 amount of cookies than golden cookies do.. not sure if this is supposed to be this way since golden cookies are rarer than reindeer but for example a golden cookie gives me 20m cookies while a reindeer will give 180m
  • erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Bake X Cookies." achievements seem bugged. I got the 100 billion one when I had over 1 trillion cookies.
    edited December 2015
    @pasta Be sure that you have a sufficient bank. GC can't exceed 10% of your bank but Reindeer doesn't have this limit.
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    bullshit, i was dumb :3
  • MaybeMaybe Member Posts: 1
    Christmas updates get x7 price while the x7 frenzy.
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Uncanny clicker" feels impossible to get now for some reason.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible. (I got it by using keyboard clicks plus normal clicks.)
  • ______ Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Heavenly chips seem to be calculated weirdly.

If you do your first reset at 1000 prestige levels, you'll ascend and get 1000 heavenly chips to spend.

If you reset without gaining another prestige, you won't get any chips. However, if you reset with just 1 extra prestige level, you'll ascend with 1001 heavenly chips.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior or if I'm just confused on how this works.
  • FinkleburgFinkleburg Member Posts: 9
    "yes I love technology" achievement given at 100 quadrillion instead of 1 quintillion. Conversely, you need 1 quintillion instead of 100 quadrillion for the "Quarry On" achivement. Probably forgot to switch them when the order of Mines and Factories was switched on the main list. ;)

"neverclick" achivement doesn't work

Order of the upgrades sometimes gets messed up for some reason and isn't from cheapest to most expensive

Frenzies x7 cost of Santa and Easter Upgrades

Other than that prestige growth rate seems way to fast and "Dragon Flight" is totally OP, especially when combined with frenzies.

I see some of these have been posted already -- but these are the most obvious ones I've found so far.
  • ExplodingCamelExplodingCamel Member Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wipes itsef for no reason.
  • GardevoirGardevoir Member Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I got it without problems. Just click fast.

edited December 2015
    The unbalanced auras is confirmed. Having the click aura or the prestige aura grants the same click power, and the kitten aura is a lot more powerful than the prestige aura.
  • manfred4manfred4 Member Posts: 4
    ___ said:

Heavenly chips seem to be calculated weirdly.

If you do your first reset at 1000 prestige levels, you'll ascend and get 1000 heavenly chips to spend.

If you reset without gaining another prestige, you won't get any chips. However, if you reset with just 1 extra prestige level, you'll ascend with 1001 heavenly chips.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior or if I'm just confused on how this works.

I can confirm this bug. I also found, where it is in the code and a way to fix it:
    lines 2036 ff. is

Game.EarnHeavenlyChips=function(cookiesForfeited) { //recalculate prestige and chips owned var prestige=Math.floor(Game.HowMuchPrestige(Game.cookiesReset+cookiesForfeited)); if (prestige>Game.prestige)//did we gain prestige levels? { var prestigeDifference=prestige-Game.prestige; Game.heavenlyChips+=prestige; Game.prestige=prestige; if (Game.prefs.popups) Game.Popup('You gain '+Beautify(prestigeDifference)+' prestige level'+(prestigeDifference==1?'':'s')+'!'); else Game.Notify('You forfeit your '+Beautify(cookiesForfeited)+' cookies.','You gain <b>'+Beautify(prestigeDifference)+'</b> prestige level'+(prestigeDifference==1?'':'s')+'!',[19,7]); } }

whereas line 2043 should say:
    Game.heavenlyChips+=prestigeDifference;
    instead.
    I already reported it.
    Ovnidemon said:

Upgrades order doesn't keep still. When you buy one, they often shuffle for no reason.

When you ascend you gain more HC than you should (a lot more) (If I am not wrong, it's the HC that you still have + your new prestige level.) (doesn't work if you don't raise your prestige)
    Ex: I was Prestige 100 and still have 15 unspent HC. I raise my prestige to 150. Instead of gaining 50 HC and have 65 HC, I gain 150 HC and have 165 HC in total. (Making hyper easy to all unlock: you just need to increase by one and ascend.

• FinkleburgFinkleburg Member Posts: 9
    2 more:

If you get a shiny wrinkler and switch the Christmas it turns normal because there is no sprite of it with the santa hat

Every time you ascend - you can spend every heavenly chip you've ever earned even if you spent it before.
  • MarpudMarpud Member Posts: 1
    Upgrade for golden cookie sound work on reindeer not on golden cookie.
  • xela20xela20 Member Posts: 11
    Marpud said:

Upgrade for golden cookie sound work on reindeer not on golden cookie.

I's not true, there is a sound for reindeers AND also for golden cookies, but the sound for golden cookies is quiet and difficult to dicern.
  • xela20xela20 Member Posts: 11
    Maybe said:

Christmas updates get x7 price while the x7 frenzy.

It's normal cause it now adapt at your CPS so the more CPS you got, the more expansive it get (like x7 while in Frenzy x7, but after the frenzy ends, it become normal again).
    That's why it's best to buy them as soon as possible or to lower your CPS to buy them (like selling prism and buying it after having buy the santa upgrades).
  • manfred4manfred4 Member Posts: 4
    Found a few more textual bugs:

Upgrade description of "One mind" suggests "Each grandma gains +0.2 base CpS per grandma" whereas it is implemented as +0.02 base CpS

Upgrade descrition of "Communal brainsweep" has the exact same problem

Upgrade description of "Elder Pact" has the same problem, here it says +0.5 per Portal instead of the implemented 0.05.

Aura "Elder battalion" suggests that Grandmas gain +1% CpS for every non-grandma building, whereas it is implemented as +1% CpS for every 100 non-grandma buildings.

I still keep on hunting for bugs...
  • Roger_WilcoRoger_Wilco Member Posts: 3
    Bunny Biscuit - Easter, won't reset correctly.

When triggering easter, after 24 hours the season will change, but the bunny biscuit won't reset. I need to trigger any other season to be able to trigger easter again.
    Also, did you change the probability for easter eggs ? I have 15 already but didn't drop a new one in two days.

Cheers !
  • Roger_WilcoRoger_Wilco Member Posts: 3
    Wrong wrinkler number

Maybe not a bug, but my wrinklers are capped at 8. It is not very pretty.

Thank you sir for your awesome work, cheers.