Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

BUGS WITH THE BETA - PLEASE POST HERE

Comments

• VambokVambok Posts: 22Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    BlaisedeC said:

I would suggest testing for HasAchiev('Elder Nap') as well as Reincarnation - make sure the user has done all the research at least once.

Not a bad idea, but "Persistent memory" should be available if the user did all the research but 'Elder Pledge', and in that case that wouldn't be possible.
    And if he didnt do any of these research we could say that, for a once ascended (omniscient) being, do research is a lot easier.
    --
    Mvb
  • VambokVambok Posts: 22Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    "Persistent memory" speed up the research time only after the current research's end, so i make a suggestion again because I think that speed up instantly would be better :
    Game.Upgrades['Persistent memory'].buyFunction=function(){Game.researchT=Math.max(0,Game.researchT-Game.baseResearchTime/9);};

Also, there is some mess with the news tickers' conditions :
    - In the first "if" of the Game.getNewTicker function there's 3 zeros missing (should be >=10.1 trillions instead of >=10.1 billions) :
    if (Game.TickerN%2==0 || Game.cookiesEarned>=10100000000)
    - Two messages are sharing the same condition and because of that the second one can't be seen :
    else if (Game.cookiesEarned<10000000000000) list.push('Your cookies are rewriting the fundamental laws of the universe.'); else if (Game.cookiesEarned<10000000000000) list.push('A local news station runs a 10-minute segment about your cookies.[...]
    (just after that there's even a mistake into the commentary "only show this for 100 millions" because the ticker Orteil is talking about is actually shown for 100 billions)
    - In the last fools' tickers there's a mistake in the commentary "only show this for 100 millions" (but it seems more likely to be a mistake in the code) : this last ticker is shown for 9100 millions.
    --
    Mvb
  • TheJosephTheJoseph Posts: 11Member ✭✭
    Vambok said:

@Chriser51‌ :
    Well, it seems that the source code is granting you 10%/heavenly cookie instead of 1%.
    mult+=parseFloat(Game.heavenlyCookies)*0.1*heavenlyMult;
    We can see that it's [# of heavenly cookies]*0.1 (=>10%).

There's the same mistake in the "Stats" screen, we can see :

X heavenly cookies at 100% of their potential (+10*X% CpS)
    That's done on purpose in the source code :
    ...of their potential (+'+Beautify(Game.heavenlyCookies*10*heavenlyMult/100,1)+'% CpS...
    (notice the "*10" when heavenlyMult is 100 here)

Heavenly cookies are, indeed, granting +10% CpS each.

Now here's a line you can use into your game's console to fix it (temporarly) :
    Game.heavenlyChips=Game.heavenlyChips+9*Game.heavenlyCookies;Game.heavenlyChipsSpent=Game.heavenlyChipsSpent-9*Game.heavenlyCookies;Game.heavenlyCookies=Game.heavenlyCookies/10;

so, are Heavenly Cookies supposed to give +10% cps but there is a typo in the stats screen or are they supposed to give +1% cps?
    Damn counter
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Posts: 1,026Member ✭✭✭✭
    TheJoseph said:

Vambok said:

@Chriser51‌ :
    Well, it seems that the source code is granting you 10%/heavenly cookie instead of 1%.
    mult+=parseFloat(Game.heavenlyCookies)*0.1*heavenlyMult;
    We can see that it's [# of heavenly cookies]*0.1 (=>10%).

There's the same mistake in the "Stats" screen, we can see :

X heavenly cookies at 100% of their potential (+10*X% CpS)
    That's done on purpose in the source code :
    ...of their potential (+'+Beautify(Game.heavenlyCookies*10*heavenlyMult/100,1)+'% CpS...
    (notice the "*10" when heavenlyMult is 100 here)

Heavenly cookies are, indeed, granting +10% CpS each.

Now here's a line you can use into your game's console to fix it (temporarly) :
    Game.heavenlyChips=Game.heavenlyChips+9*Game.heavenlyCookies;Game.heavenlyChipsSpent=Game.heavenlyChipsSpent-9*Game.heavenlyCookies;Game.heavenlyCookies=Game.heavenlyCookies/10;
    so, are Heavenly Cookies supposed to give +10% cps but there is a typo in the stats screen or are they supposed to give +1% cps?

They're supposed to give +1% cps
  • AradeeaAradeea Posts: 1Member
    I have enough cookies in order to buy portals, but it just won't let me. Is it just me?
  • TheJosephTheJoseph Posts: 11Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    for some reason, I can't change seasons, when I buy easter season it reverts back to christmas season :/

EDIT: nevermind, it's CookieMaster add-on trying to maintain christmas season
    Damn counter
  • ethanguy7ethanguy7 Posts: 1Member
    achievement problem: on safari, i got the expedition achievement (for having a shipment) w/o having any.
    B) swags
  • tjenne69tjenne69 Posts: 4Member
    Got upgrader achievement with only 98 upgrades
    Got "The Incredible Machine" achievement at 100T rather than 1Q cookies
    Reverse Cyclotrons, 8.6 Sextillion, listed before Caramel Macaroons, 1.84 Sextillion
  • alex4tinoalex4tino Posts: 1Member
    edited October 2014
    After buying the empire biscuits, none of the subsequent empire biscuits are appearing..
  • AlsadiusAlsadius Posts: 2Member
    The Never Dig Down achievement (for total cookies from mines) says it unlocks at 100T, but didn't actually unlock until 1Qu.
  • DimiFWDimiFW Posts: 179Member ✭✭
    I got a huge bug. There was no update since May 18th, this has to be a bug.
    Cookie Clicker Community on Google+ :
    https://plus.google.com/communities/104818096104958131478

Send me some Dogecoins pls:
    D6omgEVhQ3TNMrggpbURkuYDMRSuEeJrHQ
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Posts: 1,026Member ✭✭✭✭
    DimiFW said:

I got a huge bug. There was no update since May 18th, this has to be a bug.

Actually the bug happens when the game gets updated.
  • fluttersflutters Posts: 2Member
    There is a bug causing the farmer/miner/... grandma upgrades to be less efficient than they're said to be. The tooltip says farms/mines/... gain 1% more cps for each grandma owned. However, in the actual calculation it only increases the exponent of the cps calculation by 0.01 per grandma.

In effekt the actual gain is
    2^(0.01*grandmas + other upgrades)
    = 2^(0.01*grandmas) * 2^(other upgrades)
    = (2^0.01)^grandmas * 2^(other upgrades)
    = 1.0069555...^grandmas * 2^(other upgrades)

So each grandma only grants roughly 0.7% cps increase. so with 300 grandmas you only have about 40% of the production you're supposed to have.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,712Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    flutters said:

There is a bug causing the farmer/miner/... grandma upgrades to be less efficient than they're said to be. The tooltip says farms/mines/... gain 1% more cps for each grandma owned. However, in the actual calculation it only increases the exponent of the cps calculation by 0.01 per grandma.

In effekt the actual gain is
    2^(0.01*grandmas + other upgrades)
    = 2^(0.01*grandmas) * 2^(other upgrades)
    = (2^0.01)^grandmas * 2^(other upgrades)
    = 1.0069555...^grandmas * 2^(other upgrades)

So each grandma only grants roughly 0.7% cps increase. so with 300 grandmas you only have about 40% of the production you're supposed to have.

Actually with 100 you have 100% increase and by 300 you have at least 700%.
    After all, the intended amount is
    (0.01*grandmas)*2^(other upgrades), which, BTW, is NOT exponential.
  • fluttersflutters Posts: 2Member
    edited November 2014

After all, the intended amount is
    (0.01*grandmas)*2^(other upgrades), which, BTW, is NOT exponential.

How do you know the intended amount is not exponential?

Even if it wasn't intended to be exponential, this would still be a bug, because it would then give way too many cookies, if you have more than 100 grandmas. Either way the tooltip doesn't match the actual calculation.
  • gyeregyere Posts: 1Member
    I found it quite fishy in v.1.0501 beta:
    Each heavenly cookie gives me 10% cps insted of 1%.

After my first ascend with 20000 heavenly chips after 4+ day, I baked 1800 heavenly cookie and it gave +18000% cps -> in 40 minute I ascend again with 400'000 heavenly chips. (( at the moment with 34000 heavenly cookie after 30 minutes I can ascend with another 400'000 heavenly chips and I've got about 100 hcps (( 100 heavenly chips per second )) ))

so this +10% cps / heavenly cookie is quite wild, 1% would be ok, I think
  • theletterCtheletterC Posts: 1Member
    edited November 2014
    I think I found an oversight. When I ascended I put 'Arcane Sugar' in one of my permanent upgrade slots. During the grandma research phase I got up until 'Communal Brainsweep'. Then the research on 'Arcane Sugar' started. However when it finished nothing happened. Because I can't purchase the upgrade the next research phase isn't starting and I can't get the elder pact.
  • DarklordDarklord Posts: 2Member
    i noticed a problem on the 1.0501 test that when i used two permanet upgrades with the septillion fingers and the sextillion fingers some of the upgrades for other buildings and some of the cookies do not appear in numerical order. is it just me or has any one else had this problem?
  • mkaryadimkaryadi Posts: 1Member
    Hi,
    Whenever I try to access the game site on my iPad (running iOS 8) it is, for some reason, zooked in very far and I can't zoom out. This was working fine before on iOS 7, but not any more. Is it a problem on my end or yours?
    Thanks,
    mkaryadi
  • SwigglyLineSwigglyLine Posts: 1Member
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this but I don't think the percentages are correct. I accidentally sold all of my cursors and when I bought them back the percentage went from 0% to 1%. I know it's not a big problem but it's there.
  • MopatiMopati Posts: 4Member
    I have 50 banks, I have unlocked the blue upgrade, but I still don't have unlocked the pink one.
    It makes my banks almost useless !

And no, I doubled-check, I have not bought it without knowing it.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,374Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't unlock it because of a typo in the code.
  • MopatiMopati Posts: 4Member
    edited November 2014
    If it's only a typo, it means it will be easily removed, good ! ^^
  • coucoucoucou Posts: 4Member
    The button "Reset" is not here anymore =(
  • coucoucoucou Posts: 4Member
    coucou said:

I discovered the function ascending, but I cannot remove my last message =/
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,528Member, Friendly, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    coucou said:

coucou said:

I discovered the function ascending, but I cannot remove my last message =/
    You can edit your posts with the small gear in the upper right corner of every post.
    "Creativity! It's basically just a lot of stealing." ~ Tom Thomas TomSka Ridgewell
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power." ~ King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of heaven)
  • Lightman0359Lightman0359 Posts: 1Member
    With the permanent upgrade prestige, if one mind is selected, some of the other research upgrades do not trigger
  • dallasevedallaseve Posts: 1Member
    Upgrade "santa's legacy" decreased my cps, for about an half (from about 6 billions to 2,2). I can do nothing with that now :(