Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

BUGS WITH THE BETA - PLEASE POST HERE

Comments

• LauraLaura Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lorax said:

It's possible the rules have changed in this update (or I'm just doing it wrong), but after only 15 handmade cookies I'm at 1.8 million cookies baked this game with no Neverclick achievement.

the achievement was disabled along with speed baking
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this not sticky'ed anymore?
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason its all bugged for me A different discussion is past this one now o.o
  • LauraLaura Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason its all bugged for me A different discussion is past this one now o.o

you dismissed it, it will not act like a sticky in all discussions, but will in every other place the sticky is
  • loraxlorax Member Posts: 2
    Ah ok, thanks!
    edited September 2014
    uh how do I un dismiss it I don't even know how I did it
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    Odin said:

you dismissed it, it will not act like a sticky in all discussions, but will in every other place the sticky is
    He might be using recent discussions page. it's no longer stacked there.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the game. I want to find a MLP Idle.
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • BlaisedeCBlaisedeC Member Posts: 3
    Pure Heart Biscuits require Santa's Dominion.
  • FatChicken18FatChicken18 Member Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    Everything.
    There's no braining involved - Gouchnox
    Please reads the OP - Gardevoir
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Member, Friendly, Cool Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I saw a funny bug this weekend. I saw my brother playing the CC beta with auto cookie clicks and a GC clicker. And as he was ascending, meaning he was in the prestige screen, he got perma GC clicks. Every 0.5 seconds one GC. They weren't very useful, since the whole game was reset already, but they count towards the GC counter, giving all GC click achievements in no time.
    Might be that there spawn way more GCs, not sure how his autoclicker worked, but there might've been a 500ms query for the GCs, so you would get even more if you further decrease that.

Might be for debugging purposes though.
  • worldendDominatorworldendDominator Member Posts: 9
    Hard-resetting with sufficient cookie bank may give you Sacrifice and following achievements post-reset.
    Acid-proof vaults cannot appear - the upgrade is "Acid-proof vault" but the checks are for "Acid-proof vaults".
  • Fantastic_DolphinFantastic_Dolphin Member Posts: 2
    I believe I found a bug in the current beta that hasn't been discussed.

I decided to shoot for True Neverclick (and get Neverclick at the same time) after my first Ascension. At one point I reached more than one quadrillion cookies in my bank and I still have neither achievement. My Cookie clicks and Hand-made cookie counter both still read zero.

Here's the save file:
    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%21END%21
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Odin said:

He might be using recent discussions page. it's no longer stacked there.
    Oh, they changed it?
    how do i undismiss them?
  • psm321psm321 Member Posts: 2
    Bug in the current prestige beta: if you have 0 heavenly chips currently (not all-time) -- say because you had a multiple of 10 and baked them all into heavenly cookies -- Persistent memory isn't available as an upgrade. Line in the code:

if (Game.heavenlyChips>=1 && Game.Has('Bingo center/Research facility')) Game.Unlock('Persistent memory');
  • worldendDominatorworldendDominator Member Posts: 9

I decided to shoot for True Neverclick (and get Neverclick at the same time) after my first Ascension. At one point I reached more than one quadrillion cookies in my bank and I still have neither achievement. My Cookie clicks and Hand-made cookie counter both still read zero.

Neverclick, True Neverclick and Speed Baking were disabled in the beta. They are way too easy to get now.
  • Fantastic_DolphinFantastic_Dolphin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that tip, worldendDominator.

• AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Member, Friendly, Cool Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Hm, I have a slight problem with the ascending. Since I'm playing on android only, I might get trouble later on, since I can't drag around the ascending screen, it stays focused in mid, with every browser I've tested, so I can't reach the big upgrades.
    Just wondering if there might be a solution :3

Edit: A private solution I can think of is to ask my neighbor if I can ascend on his PC. Not sure how he will react, but the attempt alone would be pretty awesome :3
  • Blatrix_FBBlatrix_FB Member Posts: 1
    I have a little problem with the new prestige mode, to be exactly the permanent Upgrade. I took the "One Mind" for the wrinklers and now I am at that research point. Well, normally it should research the next one (or so I think at least) but it waits for the buying of the "One Mind" Upgrade.

I hope, that you won't be angry at me if this was already posted. I am to lasy and to sleepy right now to read everything here xD
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    @Blatrix_FB‌ This is a known bug. You can bypass it by entering Game.SetResearch('Exotic nuts') into console.

SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • NieldNield Member Posts: 1
    A couple of things I've noticed: The Mine achievements Never Dig Down and Quarry On both require me to accumulate 10x more cookies than what's on the achievement, ie Never Dig Down requires 100 Trillion, but I got it at 1 Quad, And Quarry On at 1 Quin instead of the supposed 100 Quad.

Also, the Hardcore Shadow Achievement seems to ignore any upgrades you've got activated through the Permanent Upgrade slot. With the heavenly upgrades Kitten Angels, Starter Kit, Starter Kitchen and Kitten Managers and Octillion Fingers in the upgrade slots and a sufficient number of Heavenly Cookies, I was able to get the achievement 1 second into my 7th run by simple virtue of the insane number of cookies my 10 cursors gave me

Also, Heavenly cookies are stated as giving you a 1% CPS multiplier each, yet I've noticed they give 10% instead. Not sure if bug or typo.
  • thenamelesssamuraithenamelesssamurai Member Posts: 1
    Was playing the Beta and both of the factory achievements The incredible machine and Yes I love technology were gotten too early for me. I can't remember the number for The incredible machine, but for Yes I love technology I got the achievement at 100 quadrillion instead of at 1 quintillion
  • VambokVambok Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I'll put in my comment 4 known bugs and then give you, for each, a simple fix.

1) "Acid-proof vaults" upgrade is missing because of a typo in the source code.
    2) The grandma's upgrades are out of order in the "Stats" screen. That would be fixed if the source code was :
    order=249.9985;new Game.Upgrade('Miner grandmas'[...] order=250;new Game.Upgrade('Cosmic grandmas'[...] [...] order=249.8090;new Game.Upgrade('Banker grandmas'[...] order=249.8081;new Game.Upgrade('Priestess grandmas'[...] order=249.8072;new Game.Upgrade('Witch grandmas'[...]
    3) "Persistent memory" needs HC to show up even if you already ascend but spend all of them. (not really a bug, but my code can be seen as a suggestion for an interesting improvement)
    4) "Santa's legacy" 's behaviour is'nt right because of a typo into the code, the line :
    if (Game.Has('Santa\'s legacy')) mult*=(Game.santaLevel+1)*0.05;
    should be :
    if (Game.Has('Santa\'s legacy')) mult*=(1+Game.santaLevel*0.10);
    if 10% is really the amount wanted (like in the upgrade's description).
    I think it's meant to be 5%. (and in this case the description is wrong too)

Now some fix you can type into the console (right click -> inspect element) for each of those :
    1)
    new Game.Upgrade('Acid-proof vaults','Banks are <b>twice</b> as efficient.<q>You know what they say : better safe than sorry.</q>',Game.Objects['Bank'].basePrice*500,[15,1]);Game.Unlock('Acid-proof vaults');Game.Upgrades['Acid-proof vault'].pool='debug';Game.Upgrades['Acid-proof vaults'].order=525.234;
    2)
    Game.Upgrades['Miner grandmas'].order=250.058;Game.Upgrades['Worker grandmas'].order=250.059;Game.Upgrades['Banker grandmas'].order=250.0591;Game.Upgrades['Priestess grandmas'].order=250.0592;Game.Upgrades['Witch grandmas'].order=250.0593;
    3)
    if (Game.HasAchiev('Reincarnation') && Game.Has('Bingo center/Research facility')) Game.Unlock('Persistent memory');
    4)
    To get 5% by santa level (recommended) :
    Game.santaLevel=Game.santaLevel+19;
    To get 10% by santa level :
    Game.santaLevel=Game.santaLevel*2+19;
    Note: these fix (for bug 4) will cause a minor visual bug into the "Stats" screen and down left in the page.
    Post edited by Vambok on
    --
    Mvb
  • Chriser51Chriser51 Member Posts: 1
    Heavenly Chips: i Ascended, made myself some heavenly cookies and realized that under "prestige" in the stats is first standing 2 heavenly cookies at 75% = +15% Cps
    but then under this there is (copied) "Each heavenly Cookie grants you +1% CpS multiplier.) So i ask myself: how can it be that 75% = +15% Cps when 100% = 2% Cps
    (i have 2 heavenly cookies) and if you want to check, here is my save: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%3D%21END%21
    @Chriser51‌ :
    Well, it seems that the source code is granting you 10%/heavenly cookie instead of 1%.
    mult+=parseFloat(Game.heavenlyCookies)*0.1*heavenlyMult;
    We can see that it's [# of heavenly cookies]*0.1 (=>10%).

There's the same mistake in the "Stats" screen, we can see :
    X heavenly cookies at 100% of their potential (+10*X% CpS)
    That's done on purpose in the source code :
    ...of their potential (+'+Beautify(Game.heavenlyCookies*10*heavenlyMult/100,1)+'% CpS...
    (notice the "*10" when heavenlyMult is 100 here)

Heavenly cookies are, indeed, granting +10% CpS each.

Now here's a line you can use into your game's console to fix it (temporarly) :
    Game.heavenlyChips=Game.heavenlyChips+9*Game.heavenlyCookies;Game.heavenlyChipsSpent=Game.heavenlyChipsSpent-9*Game.heavenlyCookies;Game.heavenlyCookies=Game.heavenlyCookies/10;
    --
    Mvb
    Now, as some peoples noticed it, the "Pure heart biscuits" cookie needs the "Santa's dominion" upgrade to show up because of a copy-paste-mistake in the source code :
    [...]Game.NewUpgradeCookie({name:'Pure heart biscuits',[...]require:Game.last.name[...]

You can fix it in your game's console with the following :
    Game.UnlockAt[Game.UnlockAt.map(function(e){return e.name;}).indexOf("Pure heart biscuits")].require=undefined;
    --
    Mvb
  • chicagowhitesox1173chicagowhitesox1173 Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    My game was somehow lost and I was given somebody else's game. I'm just curious why this happened? I've been playing for over a year and it's very discouraging to just all of a sudden lose all my progress. If Opti, Orteil or whoever else runs this game can give me some feedback, it would be appreciated.
    Vambok said:

3) "Persistent memory" needs HC to show up even if you already ascend but spend all of them. (not really a bug, but my code can be seen as a suggestion for an interesting improvement)

3)
    if (Game.HasAchiev('Reincarnation') && Game.Has('Bingo center/Research facility')) Game.Unlock('Persistent memory');

I would suggest testing for HasAchiev('Elder Nap') as well as Reincarnation - make sure the user has done all the research at least once.

Jim