Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Pokeclicker

Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Games - Old
Finally updated this thing! Kinda forgot about doing that, I'll try to keep it more updated :)

Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at making something with IGM. I had just planned this to just be for my little brother but hey, why not share!
Anyway, down to business! Any fan of Pokemon will know the drill right away, pick a starter, earn xp, level up (buy more pokemon), and evolve! There's also Pokeballs, the equivalent of cookies, to be clicked and hoarded too.
Like I said, this is my first shot and still very incomplete so any input would be appreciated. If there's any interest at all I'll hop to updating it regularly.

Link to the game: Poke-Clicker!

Recent Changes:
Fully implemented Johto league!

Currently have:
6 starters with complete evolutions, 4 Pokeball type clickables, a clickable for each pokemon, 3 battle locations, 4 kinds of purchasable potions, 16 repeatable trainer battles, 42 one time league related battles, 5 non-pokemon buildings, 52 upgrades(not including trainer unlocks), and 24 achievements including 16 badges!

Planned features:
Clickables with a chance to catch pokemon
More pokemon! (atleast 150 or more to see)

Currently working on:
More upgrades and achievements, balances.

Major bug fixes:
I HAZ BUG SPRAY
Post edited by Zammorak3285 on

Comments

• AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Member, Friendly, Cool Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My charmander didn't evolve on lvl 16 :(
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    I'm thoroughly disappointed at the fact that it's not called "Poképoker"
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Member, Friendly, Cool Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Shylight said:

I'm thoroughly disappointed at the fact that it's not called "Poképoker"

Hrm, do you want to poke pokemon? Or is it about the card game? We also could fuse them all to Pokepokepoker.
  • Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Sorry to disappoint, DasBloody but as with most spinoffs and whatnot, not everything is completely correct lol The way I made the "level up" costs/req was just getting the xp needed the same price as in the games. I'll probably do the maths to make it accurate at some point but idk how to or if I can use exponents with IGM.
    Lastly, the name probably won't change, but you never know :P
  • DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I evolved my charmander and now I have Infinite experience and a level NaN charmeleon that costs Infinity experience to level up.
    "Don't worry, the Universe IS out to get you."
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Failed to parse 12 lines
    Line 131 : gains 1% Pokeball per ball
    Line 132 : gains 5% exp per PokeCenter
    Line 142 : gains 1% Pokeball per ball
    Line 143 : gains 5% exp per PokeCenter
    Line 153 : gains 1% Pokeball per ball
    Line 154 : gains 5% exp per PokeCenter
    Line 164 : gains 1% Pokeball per ball
    Line 165 : gains 5% exp per PokeCenter
    Line 174 : gains 1% Pokeball per ball
    Line 175 : gains 5% exp per PokeCenter
    Line 184 : gains 1% Pokeball per ball
    Line 185 : gains 5% exp per PokeCenter
    Error : the element named "bigball,bigball2,bigball3" was not found.
    Error : the element named "bigball,bigball2" was not found.
    Error : the element named "undefined" was not found.

Fixed all those, though I'm not sure what the 3 "undefined" are.
    Charmander (and the other pokemon too, I think) says it gives 5 pokeballs per second, but it only gives 1.
    Just updated all (I think) of the descriptions so they should reflect what they actually do now.
    PokePoker has been added to the game :P
    "Take a rest buddy" boosts evolved pokemon based on balls and not PokeCenters.
    Fixed that just now @Dashiva
    edited January 2015
    Added upgrades for Pokecenters, will most likely have 4 upgrades for each building by the end of the night.
    Edit: Just finished the base upgrades for the current buildings :smile:
    @Zammorak3285‌ The new upgrades are great. I noticed something weird about evolving, though. I leveled my charmeleon to 50 since there was no charizard yet, so when I evolved to charizard today I still had 18 (50 - 32) charmeleon levels which continued producing pokeballs and exp, and also left the charmeleon clickable unlocked.

Evolving should probably set the previous pokemon to 0, I guess?
    @Dashiva Thanks for the input! I'm trying to figure out how I want to fix this, I could set it to 0 like you mentioned. Or I might convert the previous pokemon to the evolved form, that way it'd retain the level it had and be much more realistic.
    Thoughts on this would be welcomed, heading to work in a sec so I won't be able to fix it until tonight.

(Oooooh and quick thought about not leveling up asap, I will probably add in moves as upgrades for pokemon at some point!)
  • Crisis21Crisis21 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I'd like to see something like Tall Grass (Caves, Forests, Sea Routes, Fishing Spots, etc) where you gain some experience fighting wild pokemon and have a chance of catching new pokemon. It wouldn't be a proper Pokeclicker without the chance to catch 'em all.
    edited January 2015
    @Crisis21 I've been thinking of a battle system too, I'd like to have a good base first though. Which is very close, in my opinion. I was mostly waiting on finishing the starters and filling out upgrades for the other buildings.
    What needs to be done before I can work on that though is finalizing/fixing evolution and I'd like some upgrades for pokemon

Okay so I have a fix for the evolutions, however I foresee an exploit so I'm working on the maths before I implement it :smile:

Third edit's the charm, I'm going to go ahead and fix the evolutions. It's not quite how I wanted it but it'll work just fine, so enjoy!
  • Crisis21Crisis21 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Pokemon Upgrade Suggestions:

Technical Machines (Building: Upgrades - Gym Techniques, Hidden Machines, ?)

Rare Candy
    PokeVitamins (HP Up, Protein, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Carbos, PP Up)
    Potions
    Ethers
    Revives
    Berries

All sorts of stuff that can be used.

• Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, I know!

To upgrade your Pokemon, what if you had moves that it could upgrade with?

(You could look at the chart of moves and when they're learned to be accurate)

Because XP is kinda hard to come by, really...

(Also, maybe there can be a late-game way to get more starters? ...I won't be satisfied until I can get all 18. :p)
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and the different tiers of buildings need buffs, too.

Currently, Pokecenter is the best building, cost wise.
    Thank you both for your input!

@Anon9mous I briefly mentioned in an earlier post having moves as upgrades, that's probably what I'll do for each specific pokemon.
    I'll also mess around with the numbers on the buildings and see what I can do.

@Crisis21 That being said, I'll probably use your idea of berries, vitamins, potions, etc. as synergy upgrades or ones that encompass all pokemon (when added of course)
    Do you like my idea where there's alternate ways to get the other starters?

(Y'know, maybe you can gain HP over time with your 'mon. Then there's fights you could do, which give you more XP and Pokedollars. Those can be used for buying some of the items, like berries.)
    edited January 2015
    @Anon9mous I do! Though that's probably far off at this point, or actually I could just add in starters first. They're probably the closest to most trainers hearts, oh and did you mean like starters from each gen, or fill your dex? :stuck_out_tongue:
    I think I see where you're going with the battles, and I may have a concept that would work but I'm thinking that's a bit out of my skill set at the moment lol

@Anon9mous I do! Though that's probably far off at this point, or actually I could just add in starters first. They're probably the closest to most trainers hearts, oh and did you mean like starters from each gen, or fill your dex? :stuck_out_tongue:
    I think I see where you're going with the battles, and I may have a concept that would work but I'm thinking that's a bit out of my skill set at the moment lol

Somebody here did an amazing job with an RPG that was nice and organized. ...Pretty sure it was either Layla, or Cookie. Both of them can help you out with that kinda thing. :3

And yeah, I meant starters. (Might be good to add Pokemon as a currency, though. Could be used for stuff like the Day Care, or the Research lab. Shinies would be an extremely rare currency, too, which could be used for special upgrades. ...Oh, and legendaries as upgrades!)
    Just implemented a move (upgrade) per stage for each pokemon, should be bug free but will probably need some balancing.

All descriptions were paraphrased from the game description texts :smile:
    Moves are:
    Ember lv9, Firefang lv28, Flamethrower lv47
    Vinewhip lv9, Razorleaf lv20, Solarbeam lv53
    WaterGun lv7, Waterpulse lv28, Hydropump lv60
    Hmmmm lot's of good ideas I need to be working on! :stuck_out_tongue:
    Just took a look at Layla's click RPG, that has a very well done battle system.
    I think I'd like to do something similar, I'm just trying to conceptualize how adding different pokemon in would work with that if I had a universal hp, or rather a pokemon-specific hp pool. Then how would you select which one you'd like to use? Idk?

What I'm leaning towards for now is having the pokemon you can catch just be a resource, like you mentioned @Anon9mous, and have battles take from hp which would obviously be from the only pokemon "building" available. I'm thinking of having a max hp, based on level and evolution stage (like the energy in Minetown), then have purchasable item clickables ie. potions, berries and what not to restore it faster.

I feel like I'm rambling at this point but I'd like to get your guys thoughts on my thoughts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hmmmm lot's of good ideas I need to be working on! :stuck_out_tongue:
    Just took a look at Layla's click RPG, that has a very well done battle system.
    I think I'd like to do something similar, I'm just trying to conceptualize how adding different pokemon in would work with that if I had a universal hp, or rather a pokemon-specific hp pool. Then how would you select which one you'd like to use? Idk?

What I'm leaning towards for now is having the pokemon you can catch just be a resource, like you mentioned @Anon9mous, and have battles take from hp which would obviously be from the only pokemon "building" available. I'm thinking of having a max hp, based on level and evolution stage (like the energy in Minetown), then have purchasable item clickables ie. potions, berries and what not to restore it faster.

I feel like I'm rambling at this point but I'd like to get your guys thoughts on my thoughts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

...Yeah, that sounds like it'd work!

Maybe there'd be bosses (Gym leaders, Villan teams, possibly Legendaries that give the Legendary Pokemon currency), which need you to be at different levels to fight (obviously).
    edited January 2015
    Awesome, just pushed out an hp system and battle clickable!

Currently there's just tall grass, costs 1 hp each click. Your pokemon will now regen .1HP/s per Pokecenter. That's wayyyy op so I'll try to get potions out asap!
    Store bought items coming soon...
    Edit again: So now there's a passive .1HP/second regen. I've finished a Potion clickable as well, it costs 5000 Pokeball and restores 5HP. It's not working 100% of the time for me though so I'm gonna try to keep working on that and have it fixed before the evening is through.

Last one, I swear! Everything seems to be working properly now, I think that's all for the night, I'll work on some more battles/locations and maybe implement the "Pokemon" resource :smile:
    Just a tad surprised but,
    -Added a new cave battle area for exp (still no catching yet sorry)!
    -Added in a resource so you know current hp, out of your max
    -Pokes are actually useful, they now unlock the battles Grass is at 10, caves at 250
    -Since you only have a chance to win battles, you now get a notification on success

And I believe everything is working as it should be! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: