Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

The Progressive Tower RPG

Developous2Developous2 Posts: 4,082Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Playground
Imagine a vast, multi-leveled tower. Each floor is a WHOLE DIMENSION, and your goal is to reach the top!
Always in teams of 5, the goal is to beat BOSSES. With each boss, new features and obstacles emerge.
Dead teammates can be revived, even without abilities, but the cost to do it this way will be a FLOOR for each person revived.

Initually, it's ONLY your name and appearance, doing basic actions. Can you reach the top?

Player Setup:

Name:
Bio:
Appearance:
This is my John Hancock. Any questions?
Post edited by Developous2 on

Comments

• Developous2Developous2 Posts: 4,082Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Name: Neil Anderson
    Bio: HE was the officer in the town where the tower first emerged. Now he's spearheading a movement to discover why the tower exists in the first place, and has information about the floors up to 65.
    Appearance:
    photo 3567e5f7-ca68-4be0-ace8-dbadbcc6c639.jpg
    Post edited by Developous2 on
    edited January 2015
    (outside the tower, teams can be any size)

Neil begins hunting for potential candidates that would do well in the tower. They had to be champions, however, for his purpose of discovering who's behind the tower.

Knowing that a goddess named 'andromeda' had information involving the tower, he sought to locate that goddess princess, and interrogate her.
    It seemed hopeless. Nobody from outside was coming to the tower. He wanted the best, but all he was stuck with were people within the community. Worse still, there were a lot of attackers entering the city lately, desperate to find out what's in the tower.

It was a nightmare, and it didn't look good that anyone was coming... Let alone cared.
    Continuing to at least try to find people, it seemed hopeless, but there was still a few people in town that could be at least decent candidates.

Deciding to proceed with this hunting process for a little longer, Neil Investigated the bars around town. At least people could socialize there...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    hello... i have a sword and am willing to help... is that enough for you?
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Neil: "Ah, finally a possible recruit. That's good enough for me. In fact, I'm a gunner, so it matches up perfectly! But what's your name? Mine is Neil"
    Steel...
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Neil: "Nice to meet you. But there's one problem. The tower mandates 5 people. May as well enlist Arrissa in to the party, ok? She's a naturally born spell caster and engineer."

(multiples are allowed...)
    will anyone please step up?...
  • TheBlackReaper7TheBlackReaper7 Posts: 262Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    roses are red voilets are blue, your soul is dead, now so are YOU!
  • JenkinsJenkins Posts: 502Member ✭✭✭
    Name: Thumper

edited January 2015
    *you hear a dark quiet voice* IT SAYS:
    you need help....I can provide that....for a cost
    (Approved. If I don't answer, that means approval)

Neil looked carefully at them. "I require identification of your names at the least. Should you want to back down, that's your right. As for my goal - its INFORMATION. There's a goddess named andromedan in the tower. She holds the information involving what this tower is about. Should it prove to be corrupt, I will proceed, in hopes to destroy the tower.

So, what's your names?"
    you can... only if you provide EVERYTHING that you can use for combat...
    *i toss him a bag with jewelry that a queen becomes famous for*
    edited January 2015
    (umm 1 quick side note, u cant see my character YET)
    i have no name.....call me Reaper....but you need to accept my demands first...WHEN we are done with this attack...i need to take 3 (or more) human souls back to THE DARK REALM(were i live) with me
    Steel finds that he cannot throw the item to Neil. By the looks of things, ITEMS are not unlocked by him - yet.

"I should remind you that the tower is actually a curse. We can't do anything significant right now. No money, no items, not even hunger and heat - yet. The only blasted things we can do is Move, interact, and battle, pretty much - so far.

But I can grant you INFORMATION as payment. My forces have reached floor 65. We know of all the bosses up to that floor."
    My name is Thumper, I come to this tower only to challenge myself nothing more.

Steel finds that he cannot throw the item to Neil. By the looks of things, ITEMS are not unlocked by him - yet.

"I should remind you that the tower is actually a curse. We can't do anything significant right now. No money, no items, not even hunger and heat - yet. The only blasted things we can do is Move, interact, and battle, pretty much - so far.

But I can grant you INFORMATION as payment. My forces have reached floor 65. We know of all the bosses up to that floor."

what info can you provide that i do not know....i am THE RULER OF THE DARK REALM I see all...and i know all
    ah, a smart traveler, i see... i just came here for a quick drink...
    edited January 2015
    "I accept your fee. I will give you the souls of my 3 bravest scouts. The ones that climbed to floor 65, ok?

Ok, shall we proceed?"

Our goal: Locate Princess Andromedan, the astral goddess, and decide whether to proceed or not.
    (Unzips Backpack and pulls out a small sloth)
    This is Wumpus He's been my guide through all my troubles. He's an expert at navigation.
    yes we shall (you see a portal open from no were... a skeleton like person comes out)
    *he looks and sounds very like someone you've seen when 1 of you scouts died)
    edited January 2015
    "Ok... but without a mage, there's little we can do. I suppose we can suffice with this team. But it may be hard."
    I've met the princess once in my travels, actually on the way here. I can lead you guys to her, she's to the west of here, won't take more than a day if we get moving.
    one more thing... i too have a companion... a cat who has learned fencing... sebastion is his name...
    http: // apollo-na-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com /1418293207641 /Grim_Reaper.jpg
    my person (remove spaces to see him)
    PS: considering im the leader of THE DARK RELM... i can use magic
  • CalamityCalamity Posts: 15,096Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name:Miku
    Bio:A lone idol who wants to be free by singing at the top of the tower
    Appearance:School girl,medium stature cyan hair blue
    Compete with others to become the strongest of all! (Forum Game)
    edited January 2015
    ( the pic may not work.... search the grim reaper in google go to images then click the one on the FAR right)
    You guys want to head out?