Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Several handy styles for the forum

ShylightShylight Posts: 6,452Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
So, here's some styles you can use to tweak forum appearance. These are something I just made in past 15 minutes and concentrate on activity, so feel free to expand or request for something.

In case you don't know how to apply them, click this spoiler:

Search your browser add-ons/extensions market for "Stylish" and install it. Once installed, click on its icon and select "Write new style" → "for forum.dashnet.org…". You should see something akin to this:
Just copy and paste styles you want to the place shown by the arrow on the screenshot.

If you want to add remove something after saving the style, just click on Stylish icon and select "Manage styles", find the one you've made and choose "Edit".

Simple. :P

Autofit images in activity

.Excerpt img {max-width: 660px}
No more hidden leaderboards!

Hide comments by default

.ActivityComments {display: none}
:warning: There's no indication of comments presence. You'll have to click on "comment" button to see if there's any.

Hide avatar changes

.Activity-PictureChange {display: none}
:warning: You won't be able to see them, but they'll still count for activity count, so do not be surprised at irregular amount of items there.

Bring the colour!

.Activity-Status{box-shadow: 0 0 5px #b784a7 inset} .Activity-WallPost{box-shadow: 0 0 5px #0D4DBA inset} .Activity-PictureChange{box-shadow: 0 0 5px #652D89 inset} .Activity-Badge{box-shadow: 0 0 5px #EB428A inset} .Activity-Registration{box-shadow: 0 0 5px #FF6600 inset}
Feel free to change the colours. For me it looks like this (with comments disabled for screenshot length):

Add colour to Sub-Mods!

.Role_Sub-Moderator{box-shadow:0px 0px 8px #34DDDD inset; border-left-color:#8CF0F0;} .Role_Sub-Moderator .Author .Username{color:#34DDDD;}
It's actually relevant now! Nevermind that, official color was added. You can still use this to customize it, I guess :P

Mark things as read

.Item.Read a{font-weight: normal!important;font-style: italic; color: #ddd;} .Item.Read .Meta{display: none}

Lower CPU usage in FireFox

#Content{background: #444444}

Change Pony emoticons

I like them as they are, but some people might consider them to be too big (or completely unwanted)

So! You can change the size with this:
img[src*="smile-o-pack"]{max-width: 35px} (changing the number will change the size )

Or remove them completely with adblock or this stylish magic:
img[src*="smile-o-pack"]{display:none}
SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
Post edited by Shylight on

Comments