Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Languages

LenkeLenke Posts: 2Member
edited November 2014 in Suggestions
Hello all !

I looked a little in the forum to see if there wasn't already suggestions about different languages for the game and I'm surprise to see, or not see, there isn't suggestions for this (or maybe I just don't see, there's many post in here)
I think it's a good idea for a good game and players who are not really comfortable with English and to my opinion it's a good way to attract more people on game.

I'll be happy to help as needed for some words or expressions in French.

Thank you for reading this suggestion ! Have a nice day ! :) (and sorry if it was already posted)

Comments

• CoffeholicCoffeholic Posts: 95Member ✭✭
    English has kind of become the language of the internet, so if you've heard of Cookie Clicker you probably speak it anyway and feel comfortable with it, but hey, I can't speak for everybody. On an unrelated note: chocolate chip cookies are the best kind of cookies.
    The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of what?!
  • OrcaguyOrcaguy Posts: 880Member, Flagger, Wiener ✭✭✭
    You do know Orteil is French, right?
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,528Member, Friendly, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been suggested multiple times before. And I'm still pretty sure that it will stay english without translations.
    "Creativity! It's basically just a lot of stealing." ~ Tom Thomas TomSka Ridgewell
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power." ~ King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of heaven)
  • KarlolinKarlolin Posts: 3,928Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Orcaguy said:

You do know Orteil is French, right?

Sshh, look at the post count.
    In my dream.

I'm the Karlolin.

It's me.
  • LenkeLenke Posts: 2Member
    edited November 2014

English has kind of become the language of the internet

It's maybe true but everyone can't speak it, you know. There's many people of many country who didn't learn to speak English at school because at the time there wasn't school curricula for learn this language or they just couldn't go at all.
    I'm not here to talk about this and I show you there's a lot of reasons why people don't necessarily speak English and a translation of the most spoken languages (like French and German) ​​would be welcome.

so if you've heard of Cookie Clicker you probably speak it anyway and feel comfortable with it

So to answer you : I found Cookie Clicker on a French top website. I'm lucky because I'm "confortable" with English but if it wasn't case, I shall not have been able to play.
    Post edited by Lenke on
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,374Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orteil said that he wouldn't make translations of the game, but that others were free to alter it themselves, if they followed some rules:
    http://orteil42.tumblr.com/post/61387300247/hey-orteil-ive-been-reading-up-on-your-source
    (I found this link in this thread: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/656 )

Somebody started a project to make an add-on for translations, but has most likely abandoned that project. You can still find some translations here:
    http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Translations
    (I found this link in this thread: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/7210 )
    Although I don't know how accurate and up-to-date they are.
  • CoffeholicCoffeholic Posts: 95Member ✭✭
    Lenke said:

English has kind of become the language of the internet

It's maybe true but everyone can't speak it, you know. There's many people of many country who didn't learn to speak English at school because at the time there wasn't school curricula for learn this language or they just couldn't go at all.
    I'm not here to talk about this and I show you there's a lot of reasons why people don't necessarily speak English and a translation of the most spoken languages (like French and German) ​​would be welcome.

so if you've heard of Cookie Clicker you probably speak it anyway and feel comfortable with it

So to answer you : I found Cookie Clicker on a French top website. I'm lucky because I'm "confortable" with English but if it wasn't case, I shall not have been able to play.

but hey, I can't speak for everybody.

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of what?!