Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Cookie Clicker for 3DS!

FactoryFactory Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I think there should be a CC for 3DS. The bottom screen contains your cookie you tap with the stylus and some tabs like the save game and options. It has stats and buildings. It would also come with music you can listen to, (Maybe, IDK) and graphics/sound adjustments. The top screen would show the buildings you can buy, you have an array of buttons, and you can highlight one with the D-Pad (or Circle Pad. Preferably D-Pad.) and press A to buy. If you press X, you can switch from Buildings to upgrades and back. There would be updates and other stuffs coming. Also, back with the music, you could import songs from the SD card into the game. Vote in the poll if you support it or not.

Comments

• KukironosukeKukironosuke Member Posts: 24
    i really doubt nintendo would sign it on that easily, but it would be nice
  • FactoryFactory Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I think they might, as it blew up on the internet really REALLY fast.

• KukironosukeKukironosuke Member Posts: 24
    Factory said:

I think they might, as it blew up on the internet really REALLY fast.

I would think that wouldn't be beneficial to orteil's chances, big business in the real world thinks they are above internet fads, and also cookie clicker is already free, theres not much they can do with it that will make it worth the 15-40$ nintendo would want to sell it for

nintendo isn't in the business of selling 1-3$ phone app games, which is where cookie clicker is going

although i hope it always remains free, with a donate version for those who want to support orteil

• YamiidenryuuYamiidenryuu Member Posts: 26
    This would be crazy awesome for when I get a 3DS in October.

nintendo isn't in the business of selling 1-3$ phone app games, which is where cookie clicker is going
    Have you seen the Nintendo eShop for 3DS? There are a lot of games/apps that cost less than two dollars.

This would be crazy awesome for when I get a 3DS in October.

Yeah, I wish it would be able to be on the 3DS. (Grammar fail.)
  • SoniMailSoniMail Member Posts: 7
    I'd prefer a CC for PS Vita, since it's all I got! :p
  • chenchenlichenchenli Member Posts: 14
    cellphone vision will be better
  • GrayMagicΓGrayMagicΓ Member Posts: 108
    And cell phone version is what's coming.
  • luckytyphlosionluckytyphlosion Member Posts: 7
    Although I do like this idea, the problem is is that unlike a smartphone and a computer, the 3ds can't run multiple applications at once, so you wouldn't be able to play another game while cookie clicker would be running. I thought up of an idea where when you would close cookie clicker, the 3ds would record the time of when you shut down cookie clicker, and the next time you came back on, the 3ds would calculate the difference between the time you came off and the time you went back on. Then it would calculate the # of cookies you would get in the time you weren't playing. However some people could cheat the system by changing the time on the 3ds.

However some people could cheat the system by changing the time on the 3ds.

You can cheat on the computer, too, you can also cheat on SO many different games, too.

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, but Orteil would probably have to pay a good amount of money for it to happen. Even then, It might not be as popular. Like, the graphics could be bad (Ever see Plants VS Zombies on the DS) it wouldn't be abled to get updates easily, and it might be more limited on the DS, and it wouldn't be free. Though if Orteil got in with Popcap, he might be abled to make it happen.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • supergamemansupergameman Member Posts: 4
    I think if they couldn't do it with the 3DS, they could do it with the Wii U. It could have consistent updates, there a lot more buttons on the Wii U and there are excellent graphics.
  • PetraplexityPetraplexity Member Posts: 1
    Little did anyone know, with the magic of homebrew and hacking, this would become a reality!
    https [colon] //gbatemp [dot] net/threads/w-i-p-cookie-clicker-for-3ds.460836/
    Hello from 2017!
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14

Little did anyone know, with the magic of homebrew and hacking, this would become a reality!
    Hello from 2017!

I'm sorry, did you just reply to a multiple-years dead thread, whilst acknowledging that you're replying to a multiple-years dead thread?

You must not have looked at anything here before joining at all. Necrobumps are frowned upon here unless they add something new to discuss.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭

Hello from 2017!

I'm sorry, did you just reply to a multiple-years dead thread, whilst acknowledging that you're replying to a multiple-years dead thread?

You must not have looked at anything here before joining at all. Necrobumps are frowned upon here unless they add something new to discuss.
    But they're ok if they contribute to the thread, so (s)he's fine.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

Hello from 2017!

I don't see how it sparks discussion, beyond "oh, hey, that's cool." I'd say it has to be something people can discuss, and...While I haven't looked at the link, as far as I know it's a direct port of the game into 3DS. Which doesn't leave much room for discussion.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14

Billabo said:

I don't see how it sparks discussion, beyond "oh, hey, that's cool." I'd say it has to be something people can discuss, and...While I haven't looked at the link, as far as I know it's a direct port of the game into 3DS. Which doesn't leave much room for discussion.
    They're contributing to the discussion in that it's about wanting Cookie Clicker on the 3DS, and they showed that someone is making Cookie Clicker for the 3DS. It can't get much more relevant than that.

lol, I looked at the thread and saw a picture of the game, and it's spelled "Coockie Clicker." How do people keep spelling it wrong, when the word "cookie" appears all over the place in Cookie Clicker?
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, the necrobump Nazi is at it again...

Honestly, if posting to an old thread is such a bad thing, and you seem to think it is, why don't you just delete old threads or mark them as Closed?

What exactly is the problem anyway? I see lots of threads, new and old, that seem pointless and of no interest to me, but no doubt they were of interest to the OP and probably are to many others, so I just browse past them and let them be. Unless a post is off topic, or is abusive or defamatory, why is it an issue?
    Billabo said:

Billabo said:

They're contributing to the discussion in that it's about wanting Cookie Clicker on the 3DS, and they showed that someone is making Cookie Clicker for the 3DS. It can't get much more relevant than that.

lol, I looked at the thread and saw a picture of the game, and it's spelled "Coockie Clicker." How do people keep spelling it wrong, when the word "cookie" appears all over the place in Cookie Clicker?
    But it doesn't start discussion - literally what I said in the last post. I feel like, if a necrobump has to be worth it, it has to be something getting people discussing it again.

He could have easily made his own thread for it, IMO.

He could have easily made his own thread for it, IMO.

Yes, he could have. But I ask again, why does it matter?

• DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello people, while the usefulness of the bump is up for debate, what isn't is that your argument is detracting from the thread's original purpose.
    ^^ Point taken. I've said my piece, so I'll sit back and let others argue about the necrobump controversy.

On the thread topic: I'm not familiar with 3DS, but I'm not sure that any paying option would work. One of the nice things about Cookie Clicker is that it's a "game" that is more of a pastime than a game. It COULD be played in some kind of competitive fashion, but I think how most people play it, and how they want to play it, is to pit their own strategy against the software to get the most satisfying outcome... which normally means the most cookies in the shortest time. Many players however do non-optimal things like ascending before the best time, selling things when it's not profitable, etc. simply because they get bored - and that's a valid approach too, it's what gives them the most enjoyment, which is the whole point. There are probably many like me who hardly ever click on the big cookie, forgoing the extra production, simply because they find that monotonous and would rather sit back and watch production take place, possibly while doing other things on the computer.

Given that, I don't think the market would be there, if I'm correct in understanding what people are saying about 3DS, that it's for the kind of people who are on Nintendo.
  • AudiotAudiot Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Consider the damage some would cause to their DS if this were to become a reality. I would literally stab the stylus (or finger) through the screen in excitement if I got a frenzied clicking frenzy or frenzied dragon flight.
    For to be of not wanting specifications. We just gotta!