Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

A risk-like game: TripleA

Neko_SamaNeko_Sama Posts: 456Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
Seeing that there is a risk-like game on the playground forums, I clound't help but thinking of this open source risk-like game.
Named TripleA, this open source game(thus free and easly mod-able) haves many maps(you also can make new maps) and each map can have its own set of rules and mechanics. Thus I consider this strategy game inspired by risk a very interesting game and fun to play from while to while, what do you think?.

sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/ < dowload page
triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki < game page

note: links can be found in the spoiler
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!My profile to see all my pwagons
Pwease take good care of my pwagons and click them =3

Comments

• YoukCatYoukCat Posts: 1,800Member ✭✭✭
    Neko_Sama said:

Seeing that there is a risk-like game on the playground forums, I clound't help but thinking of this open source risk-like game.
    Named TripleA, this open source game(thus free and easly mod-able) haves many maps(you also can make new maps) and each map can have its own set of rules and mechanics. Thus I consider this strategy game inspired by risk a very interesting game and fun to play from while to while, what do you think?.

I like Atwar, a game which can have hour long games. Atwar was once called Afterwind, in it you take over cities. Cities let you produce units and make money so you CAN produce units. And you're units aren't limited to going anywhere besides Land, Water, and Air. But there is transport units!
  • Neko_SamaNeko_Sama Posts: 456Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    YoukCat said:

Neko_Sama said:

I like Atwar, a game which can have hour long games. Atwar was once called Afterwind, in it you take over cities. Cities let you produce units and make money so you CAN produce units. And you're units aren't limited to going anywhere besides Land, Water, and Air. But there is transport units!
    Seems quite interesting, I'll check it out when I have some time.
    Also I'm sure if anyone navigates a bit on the scource forgue will find even more stuff, everyone feel free tocomment any other interesting finds.
    (my favorites would be 0 A.D, Battle for Wesnoth and freeciv) < ofc the game mentioned in the OP is on this list.
    Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!My profile to see all my pwagons
    Pwease take good care of my pwagons and click them =3
  • ThatDudeThatDude Posts: 6,316Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    Neko_Sama said:

YoukCat said:

Neko_Sama said:

Seems quite interesting, I'll check it out when I have some time.
    Also I'm sure if anyone navigates a bit on the scource forgue will find even more stuff, everyone feel free tocomment any other interesting finds.
    (my favorites would be 0 A.D, Battle for Wesnoth and freeciv)
    my bro likes battle for wesnoth.
    people have stars in their names now apparently