Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Stories of Ablism

Clicking_FrenzyClicking_Frenzy Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
So I was going to a diner and I passed by a man who, instead of opening the door for me, said I was an able bodied woman who could do it her self.

Now, while we all know women have right, what he completely ignored was my physical disability. I had a hurt wrist that was clearly damaged by the bruising (some of it is even purple). So the able bodied man insulted me and waved his wrist privilege in my face.

Share your stories of ablism, and comment on my story. Need the emotional support. *hugs* <3

Comments

• Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't seem that bad, really.

To be honest, I'm more offended that he didn't hold the door for someone. This isn't anything about Ablism, but just that man being a jerk.
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • PerfectionPerfection Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    This person is a troll anon9mous, he should go fuck himself.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Even if they're a troll, they wrote this well. I'm giving a legitimate answer to a thought-out story.
  • Clicking_FrenzyClicking_Frenzy Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Oh, wow, like, first I'm a woman and second that was really uncalled for.

I just wanted to share my story with a new crowd. Sorry for not being neurotypical.

Oh, wow, like, first I'm a woman and second that was really uncalled for.

I just wanted to share my story with a new crowd. Sorry for not being neurotypical.
    It's alright. We're just been having problems with trolls recently, that's why everyone's a bit unnerved at potential trolls.

A bruised hand isn't much of an injury, but that guy was a jerk for not doing what he was politely asked to do.
    edited October 2014
    Anon9mous said:

Even if they're a troll, they wrote this well. I'm giving a legitimate answer to a thought-out story.
    I wouldn't credit it as even being well written.

"She" claims the man discriminated against "her" disabled wrist, when in fact he told "her" explicitly that he thought "her" to be "able-bodied", if he knew "her" wrist status, he clearly would have opened the door.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons

Anon9mous said:

I wouldn't credit it as even being well written.

"She" claims the man discriminated against "her" disabled wrist, when in fact he told "her" explicitly that he thought "her" to be "able-bodied", if he knew "her" wrist status, he clearly would have opened the door.
    What's wrong with being a woman.

He was being ablist because even though he saw my wrist he refused to open the door. He denounced my disability, thus ablism.

He knew, and you should know. Please don't be ablist. This is a thread to share experiences in, not hate.
    Anon9mous said:

It's alright. We're just been having problems with trolls recently, that's why everyone's a bit unnerved at potential trolls.

And this person is one. He's currently laughing at you for appearing to believe his ridiculous story.

Anon9mous said:

And this person is one. He's currently laughing at you for appearing to believe his ridiculous story.
    Please stop being so aggressive. No need to hate. :3
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's He_Stands_There because of the tags "gardevoir" and "what's a tumblr?".
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Ha! You're wrong and the proof is in my profile.

I'm clearly female while HE_Stands_There must be male.

Also, how does this relate to ablism? Totally off-topic.

On Topic: Did you know almost no one I met gave a shit about my physical disability?
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    edited October 2014

Ha! You're wrong and the proof is in my profile.
    So very true… Proof is there.

Are you going to be an arse in the most boring of ways again? Smells like it. Oh well, let's wait and see.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart

It's probably a glitch. Way to support the patriarchy by making me into a guy when I'm clearly a woman.
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

I'm clearly a woman.

how much of a woman are you?
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
    and a lesbian by any chance?
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
    I'm trisexual, so yes and no.
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod

I'm clearly a woman.

I'm betting I'm more of a woman than OP is :p
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
    hehe. perfect.

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
    hehe. perfect.
    Does that mean we get the ropes and torture gear?
    Shylight said:

I'm clearly a woman.

I'm betting I'm more of a woman than OP is :p
    I would not be shocked at all.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you only have one hand?

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
    hehe. perfect.
    doesnt everyone?
    erdbeere said:

thats all you need. :D
    erdbeere said:

No, I have two oppressed hands.

I'm clearly a woman.

110% womyn.
    hehe. perfect.
    doesnt everyone?
    Not neccessarily. Some get the axe.
    Both of your wrists were hurt?
    erdbeere said:

Both of your wrists were hurt?

Nope, just one.
    Why couldn't you open the door then?
    erdbeere said:

Why couldn't you open the door then?

Because I'm a woman and he is a man. Men are supposed to open shit for me!!!
    edited October 2014

Because I'm a woman and he is a man. Men are supposed to open shit for me!!!

nah. i can open something for you. :p
    You can't open doors, when there is no man around?