Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

The longest sentence

DarthCookieDarthCookie Posts: 5,558Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Conversationalist Mod
edited October 2014 in Playground
Simple, the person who posts the longest sentence wins.
A few rules:
1. Sentences must be (mostly) grammatically correct. (No posting the word "egg" 47 times in a row and calling it a day, no comma splices or run-on sentences, must have a verb and at least an implied subject, anything that can be debated/comes down to style/usage is fine.)
2. Each word is 1 point.
3. If the sentence avoids using ";" and ":", it gets a x2 multiplier.
4. If the sentence avoids using "and", it gets a x2 multiplier.
5. If the sentence avoids using the letter 'e', it gets a x4 multiplier.
6. If multiple multipliers apply, subtract 1 for each multiplier beyond the first (e.g. if all apply, the multiplier is x6).
7. PLEASE include the point total of the sentence as well as what multipliers apply.
8. No copy-pasting someone else's sentence and adding stuff to it; your sentence must be entirely your own creation.

If you have ideas for more/other multipliers, I will consider them.

I'll start.

"Go."
1 word.
No ";" or ":", no "and", no "e". x6 multiplier.
6 points.
Post edited by DarthCookie on
Tagged:

Comments

• ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Theoretical study and statistical data show us, that this particular thread has an extremely high chance of being used and abused by this forum's infamous post farmers to disturbingly inflate their post counters.

33 words, no ;: 66 points.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • DarthCookieDarthCookie Posts: 5,558Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Conversationalist Mod
    Shylight said:

Theoretical study and statistical data show us that this particular thread has an extremely high chance of being used and abused by this forum's infamous post farmers to disturbingly inflate their post counters.

33 words, no ;: 66 points.

FTFY: you didn't need a comma there (or at all in your sentence), but it otherwise works, so I'll allow it. Also, I count 32 words.
    It might, but it also requires a lot of effort to write super-long sentences.

As I lay in bed wondering about what troubles and triumphs the world has brought my way--and may yet bring my into my path tomorrow--my thoughts turn to music, and I wonder how those same experiences can be turned into a song that moves others the way that I have been moved, widens their horizons as my horizons have been widened, and still uses the phrase "psychotic clown from beyond the stars".

74 words, no ;: 148 points.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    @NEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIK‌ 548 points, since :; and "and" don't stack.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • NEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIKNEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIK Posts: 108Member ✭✭
    Shylight said:

@NEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIK‌ 548 points, since :; and "and" don't stack.

I COULDN'T FIND A BETTER FACEPALM GIF
    Hey! look what I've done in CSS!
    Scroll over this text to make an image of kittens appear!

lol

AND THE GRANDMATRIACHS ARE STILL ANGRY.

• lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Posts: 2,818Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Doing a sentence without "e" is effin' hard, that's the biggest i could do - I also don't guarantee 100% correct grammar :neutral_face:

The no e fight for light V 0.2:

i fight for light, truly showing a fight of wits with simplicity and angst as all living things fight along to this abnormal utopia of total stability, showing truth as i fight, posting that spirit that stays always within my grasp in all ways, living what is in front of my small sight just as much as what is hiding from my sight, doing what i wish in that small road that i cross that is known as our world, trusting in God along this path as you all of you watch all of it, normally showing a small but curious spirit, just as i think it should stay for infinity, just as all of us do in that world in which humans roam, staying simply amazing, in a day in my long stay in this world i said, philosophizing about what unimaginably stunning world our good will is living in and our found utopias.

155 words, no ; or :, no "and" and specially - NO "E"! Total of 990 points. :3

I'm editing it once i can find something else to put.
    Post edited by lennonluiz0907 on
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • DarthCookieDarthCookie Posts: 5,558Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Conversationalist Mod

Doing a sentence without "e" is effin' hard, that's the biggest i could do - I also don't guarantee 100% correct grammar :neutral_face:

I fight for light, truly showing a fight of wits with simplicity and angst, showing truth as I fight, posting what I am built of[that from/of which I am built] in all ways, living what is in front of my sight just as much as what is hiding from my sight, doing what I wish in that small road that I cross that is called [known as] World, trusting in God along this path as all of you all watch all of it all, normally showing [your] curious spirit, just as I think it should stay for infinity, as [do/are/*verb*] all of us in that world [upon/in/*preposition*] which humans roam, stay[ing] simply amazing.

100 words, no ; or :, no "and" and specially - NO "E"! Total of 600 points. :3

My master plan is complete! *maniacal laugh*

"I fight for light, truly showing a fight of wits with simplicity and angst, showing truth as I fight, posting that of which I am built in all ways, living what is in front of my sight just as much as what is hiding from my sight, doing what I wish in that small road that I cross that is known as World, trusting in God along this path as all of you watch all of it, normally showing your curious spirit, just as I think it should stay for infinity, as do all of us in that world upon which humans roam, staying simply amazing," said an old monk, bringing his fist into his palm and bowing.

119 words no ;: no "and" no "e" total of 714 pts. (Still doesn't beat NEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIK's 822)

Don't worry, this new sentence doesn't count. I am adding a new rule. :p
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Posts: 2,818Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited, now i have 990 :3
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • ZytmaZytma Posts: 209Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Nyan cats are special or even ultra special super bionically engineered by a team of researchers that think pasta is way better than any type of vegan organic turkish food because of the organic material found in the sauce that makes most of the turkish restaurants for having too many bacteria and unrecognized viruses that were not discovered by the team of microbiologists over the fact that they do not have good enough stuff like microscopes in their laboratory because if you search them in Amazon you will found absolutely no results as the people who made them are in a vacation somewhere in the Caribes or maybe somewhere in an unknown hotel located at Chicago or Miami due to the fact that New York is too busy during this period of the year because of too many people trying to visit one of the only museums they can find all over America due to the fact that making a museum costs thirty times more than buying a car that it is worth more than a Lamborghini would if it would have another pair of rear seats that are made from the skin of a lama that is found only in Peru or in countries where being an awesome person is illegal due to the fact that they are isolated from richer countries or from any country with a population that is over five thousand citizens per square mile according to the mile used in the United Kingdom or in countries where the mile is used for measuring distances that ships that come from Austria or Romania travel around the globe.

274 words, no ;: , no "and", a total of 1096 points!

Oh, and BTW can you please give me an awesome? For all that effort?
    And BTW don't try to copy-paste this
    I am just dropping by to crush your mood, or to clarify, your pick.

And, incidentally; 14 words, no rules broken, total of 84 :P
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Oh jeez, this looks like it's gonna be a fun game.

11*2*(2-1)=22

Oh, also, just a suggestion: No commas gives a x1.5 multiplier.
    In addition, I think that two x2 multipliers should stack to x3, and x4 multiplies it by 3, making 9.
    The x1.5 would be reduced to +25% is all other 3 multipliers are present, or +75% if none of the others are.

10*2=20
    17*2=34
    18*2*(2-1)=36

Oh jeez, this looks like it's gonna be a fun game.

11*2*(2-1)=22

Oh, also, just a suggestion: No commas gives a x1.5 multiplier.
    In addition, I think that two x2 multipliers should stack to x3, and x4 multiplies it by 3, making 9.
    The x1.5 would be reduced to +25% is all other 3 multipliers are present, or +75% if none of the others are.

10*2=20
    17*2=34
    18*2*(2-1)=36

x2 and x2 is x3 :p

I think it's better if the multipliers stack additively rather than multiplicatively (i.e. x2 multiplier is really +100%, so 2 of them is +100%+100%, or +200%). I would agree to the commas bit, but I think that it would spark too much argument over whether or not there should have been commas even though the right answer comes down to style/usage most of the time.

2nd sentence:
    20 words, no ;:, no "and" x3 = 60 pts.
  • NEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIKNEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIK Posts: 108Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014

i fight for light, truly showing a fight of wits with simplicity and angst as all living things fight along to this abnormal utopia of total stability, showing truth as i fight, posting that spirit that stays always within my grasp in all ways, living what is in front of my small sight just as much as what is hiding from my sight, doing what i wish in that small road that i cross that is known as our world, trusting in God along this path as you all of you watch all of it, normally showing a small but curious spirit, just as i think it should stay for infinity, just as all of us do in that world in which humans roam, staying simply amazing, in a day in my long stay in this world i said, philosophizing about what unimaginably stunning world our good will is living in and our found utopias.

OH, REALLY? (Title doesn't count btw)

I want to know a human which fought with a giant troll that throws rocks at the knight's body parts, damaging armor that was built by an ordinary wizard that has a lot of mana and thinks robots do play Hill Climb Racing if nobody kills anybody, but I do kill all day long, so that thing is cool, so it is cool to kill a wizard, but only if wizards did anything bad, but nobody thinks a wizard would do anything bad to a knight, so if a wizard kills a king of a country of a kind, think that wizard is actually a paid assassin that knows how to kill anything with only its dark soul and a big bad sword and stuff from a world which is thought to contain a spirit that can, and may kill that assassin that was born in London along with an annoying dog that follows him and also kills cats, doing an old assassin's cool job, until at four o'clock a king of a land was killing its dog, and that would sound bad for a paid assassin that has a dog, until at a point, kings thought that a dog is a cow, and as wizards along with good spirits think that a cow is holy, a spirit was angry cuz kings want to kill that cow, who was actually a dog, so it said that if kings don't worship cows a king of all spirits will bring in its good old troll animal, which in fact was that troll a knight that is upwards this scroll, supposing that this is a scroll, fought with a big amount of cool, so I told you this story about a man which fought an annoying troll you know about today.

262 words, no :;,no e. 500% multiplier. A TOTAL OF 1060 FREAKING POINTS. BANG.
    Hey! look what I've done in CSS!
    Scroll over this text to make an image of kittens appear!

lol

AND THE GRANDMATRIACHS ARE STILL ANGRY.

"I fight for light, truly showing a fight of wits with simplicity and angst as all living things fight along to this abnormal utopia of total stability, showing truth as I fight, posting that spirit that stays always within my grasp in all ways, living what is in front of my small sight just as much as what is hiding from my sight, doing what I wish in that small road that[which] I cross that is known as our world, trusting in God along this path as you all of you watch all of it, normally showing a small but curious spirit, just as I think it should stay for infinity, just as all of us do in that world in which humans roam, staying simply amazing, in a day in my long stay in this world," I said, philosophizing about [both] what [an] unimaginably stunning world our good will is living in and [also] our found utopias.

The word "I" should be capitalized, and you need quotes around the dialogue. (you included the word "and")
    (becomes 157 words, no;:, no "and" no 'E', 785 pts.

OH, REALLY? (Title doesn't count btw)

I want to know a human which[who has] fought with a giant troll that throws rocks at the [knights'] body parts, damaging armor that was built by an ordinary wizard that [who] has a lot of mana and thinks [that] robots do play Hill Climb Racing if nobody kills anybody, but I do kill all day long, so that thing is cool, so it is cool to kill a wizard but only if [that] wizards did anything bad, but nobody thinks [that] a wizard would do anything bad to a knight[. So,] if a wizard kills a king of a country of a[ny] kind, think that [that] wizard is actually a paid assassin that [who] knows how to kill anything with only its dark soul[,] and a big bad sword and stuff from a world which is thought to contain a spirit that can, and may[,] kill that assassin[,] thatwho was born in London[,] along with an annoying dog[,] that[which] follows him and also kills cats, doing an old assassin's cool job, until[,] at four o'clock[,] a king of a land was killing its dog, and[, though] that would sound bad for a paid assassin that[who] has a dog, {I have lost the ability to figure out what the hell is going on} until at a point, kings thought that a dog is[was] a cow, and as wizards along with good spirits think that a cow is holy, a spirit was angry cuz kings want to kill that cow, who was actually a dog, so it said that if kings don't worship cows a king of all spirits will bring in its good old troll animal, which in fact was that troll a knight that is upwards this scroll, supposing that this is a scroll, fought with a big amount of cool, so I told you this story about a man which fought an annoying troll you know about today.

262 words, no :;,no e. 500% multiplier. A TOTAL OF 1060 FREAKING POINTS. BANG.

Sorry, @NEVEREVERGOINGTOCLIK, you included an 'e', and there was a comma splice (and some other stuff that stopped making sense).