Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

AuroyaNovos drawings collection

Comments

• GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold on there...
    I know how crappy it is, and I know how to fix it ! It was just an example because it's actually my first ever drawn pony.
    And I'm saying drawn because the ones before were copied, not drawn.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Gouchnox said:

Hold on there...
    I know how crappy it is, and I know how to fix it ! It was just an example because it's actually my first ever drawn pony.

Sorry, I might've went a bit crazy there. I wanted to drop a couple sentences and then somehow spent an hour tracing and "drawing".
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    Speaking of copying.
    This is me shamefully copying an existing template to make my OC sleep.
    And it looks worst than my original drawings.
    Ew. eeeeeeew. I don't want to tough it.
    It's sticky and squishy and all ew and ew get it away from me!

Fun fact: me trying to write squishy.
    sc
    sk
    scw
    scee
    scwea
    skee
    swa
    scwee

hum...

sqee
    sqwee
    squeech
    squeach
    sqwech

[...]
    Oh, it's "squishy"...
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Gouchnox said:

Hold on there...

Sorry, I might've went a bit crazy there. I wanted to drop a couple sentences and then somehow spent an hour tracing and "drawing".
    Some distant day, I need to practice a lil bit tracing. Currently, I'm creating the paths manually, cause all my tracing attempts turned out to be very shitty and needed way more work to fix them than the actual manually process.
    And here we go, Shylight is done! And she is quite beatiful :3

DasBloody said:

<3 I don't have enough words to express how much I love this drawing <3

edited September 2014
    Heh, actually I tweaked her a little bit now :3

Her cutie mark was too plain, and her right eye was a little bit off, giving her a very slight derpy look. But it's fixed now.

Edit: She is soooo beatiful :3 That was actually very fun to draw, she got some very smooth lines and curves, I love that ^-^ (and my actual favourite color, yee)
    You've inspired me to pick up the pen… First sketch I've done in… 10 years? Damn.

Maybe now I'll be able to combat my lazyness and learn finally learn to draw :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't draw a pony.
    Change is constant.
    edited September 2014
    Back from a 2h long Math test.
    My brain is quite melty. I need to draw.
    Oh gosh that Shylight tho... pure awesomeness right there !
    I'm kinda sad that I can't inskape because of brain.
    Oh wait, I forgot that I can't f*cking draw.
    Ooooops, never mind. It went over my head.
    For a moment I though that it could potentially look bad, but I forgot that I draw worst than that.
    See kids ? It's a good thing to keep track of what you can/can't do in life, it makes things easier and it saves you time.
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,359Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    Gouchnox said:

See kids ? It's a good thing to keep track of what you can/can't do in life, it makes things easier and it saves you time.

I think you've created the worst piece of advice I've ever heard. If you follow it all your life, you will never be able to do anything at all... :(

That Shylight is freaking awesome, btw :3
    Tellurium said:

I think you've created the worst piece of advice I've ever heard. If you follow it all your life, you will never be able to do anything at all... ;(

Yeah but it's a good thing that I'm not quite a raging person. Otherwise, I would have destroyed a bunch of my drawings into pieces. And that would be a waste of paper too, because you could use the backside.

So it was an incomplete advice overall: it saves time and paper.
    edited September 2014
    *sudden realization*
    In fact... I'm really bad with anything that comes with a pencil an a paper: drawing and writing !
    *thinking out loud*
    Yeah... but it's not correct. I'm bad at drawing and I have a super-hate relationship with writing. There. Not the same.
    I like drawing but I'm bad at it.
    I hate words and I'm awful at them.

There you go, completely different concepts.

I need to find an occupation that doesn't require much, that can keep me unbored, and that can be done everywhere, and that has no limitation.
    Guess I have to be good at drawing... even if this sentence feels like an oxymoron.
    Shylight said:

You've inspired me to pick up the pen… First sketch I've done in… 10 years? Damn.

That's actually pretty awesome, I like the style.
    And I like how this thread somehow inspired some ponies to try out drawing themselves :3
    And, of course, thanks for the flowers everypony. I could be modest now, but I'm actually pretty proud of myself ^-^
    I was wondering:
    What parts of the pony gives you guys most trouble ? Because legs are a nightmare to me.
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,359Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    Gouchnox said:

I was wondering:
    What parts of the pony gives you guys most trouble ? Because legs are a nightmare to me.

With the one pony I have drawn, I had the most trouble on the hind legs.
    Gouchnox said:

I was wondering:

Most troubling are still eyes and head. The things I actually love most to draw are mane and tail :3
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Wow... Good job!
    DasBloody said:

Another beautiful piece of art!
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    Anon9mous said:

DasBloody said:

Another beautiful piece of art!
    ^-^
    :3
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what's next?
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    Anon9mous said:

So, what's next?

Not quite sure yet. I have a pretty awesome idea for TFUs request, but to get that done right I would need shading... and I know shit about shading ^-^'
    So I might simply take Shylight tomorrow, a shading tutorial out of the interwebs and try to make it more fancy than fancy.
    DasBloody said:

Anon9mous said:

So, what's next?

Not quite sure yet. I have a pretty awesome idea for TFUs request, but to get that done right I would need shading... and I know shit about shading ^-^'
    So I might simply take Shylight tomorrow, a shading tutorial out of the interwebs and try to make it more fancy than fancy.
    Just don't forget to share the results ^_^
    Shylight said:

DasBloody said:

Anon9mous said:

So, what's next?

Of course, but it might turn out to be an abomination then. Sure you want to get that stuck in your head? :P
    DasBloody said:

Shylight said:

DasBloody said:

Anon9mous said:

So, what's next?

Of course, but it might turn out to be an abomination then. Sure you want to get that stuck in your head? :P
    You've got to be REALLY bad at shading to make something an abomination just with it :P
    I find shading fairly easy. Could just be because I've been doing it for a while so it's gotten easy, but you just need to use logic with the light source, and study a bit how it looks IRL. I don't know how to do soft shading though, I've only ever done hard shading.
    DasBloody said:

Shylight said:

DasBloody said:

Anon9mous said:

So, what's next?

It still will be my little abomination and I'll love it <3
    Okay, I bring ponies, yay!

"I Can Draw Too" by Tellurium, 2014; featuring an OC I just made up. Her name is Example Pony.

I think I got some things wrong, but this is my very first pony, so it's okay :3

Also drew a face close up for eye practice:

Got the eyes too big, proving my needing-eye-practice point :P

Feels good using my old sketchbook again, it has been too long since I felt the loveliness of a real life pencil in my hand :3
    You know you've been doing digital art too long when you attempt to ctrl + Z. What's an eraser? Oh yeah, that pink thing I always lost and had to search around on the floor for...
    Tellurium said:

"I Can Draw Too" by Tellurium, 2014; featuring an OC I just made up. Her name is Example Pony.

I think I got some things wrong, but this is my very first pony, so it's okay :3

Feels good using my old sketchbook again, it has been too long since I felt the loveliness of a real life pencil in my hand :3
    You know you've been doing digital art too long when you attempt to ctrl + Z. What's an eraser? Oh yeah, that pink thing I always lost and had to search around on the floor for...
    Nice. And I enjoy using tablet too much to use a pencil. Especially since it requires much more space than I can spare. >.>
    Tellurium said:

Pretty awesome, proves that you already had experience with drawing :3
    I can't find any major issues, only small things, but I think yiu already noticed them yourself. And since you mentioned that you have trouble with legs, I'm pretty impressed that they turned out so perfect.

And in the close up, not both eyes are to big, only her left one.
    DasBloody said:

Pretty awesome, proves that you already had experience with drawing :3
    I can't find any major issues, only small things, but I think yiu already noticed them yourself. And since you mentioned that you have trouble with legs, I'm pretty impressed that they turned out so perfect.

And in the close up, not both eyes are to big, only her left one.

Ye, I have the unfair advantage of being a decent artist before ponies :P
    I may have never finished those old comics, but they provided much useful practice!

I take back the legs thing, after doing the closeup I think the face is the hardest. The legs were the miniboss. I think they turned out pretty good, it's mostly the rest of the drawing that has issues :P
    I thought both eyes looked too big, but you could be right about that.

Augh, stop getting distracted! Sleep is more important than conversation! Okay, that is a lie, but it is seriously past bedtime. Stop refreshing, dammit! And quit that monologue, just go to bed already! You should have learned about this by now, me...