Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

AuroyaNovos drawings collection

Comments

• Lawful_EvilLawful_Evil Posts: 211Member ✭✭

Can I has Derpy dressed up as a Cheeseburger plz?

+1
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    "Hey, I might give it a try ! I've drawn a couple of ponies before, and I know all the theory about drawing... Sure it was really bad, but I'm gonna use examples !"

*a lot of pencil later*

"Oh yeah, just remembered that I suck, so bad at drawing. Well, better try elsewhere for that cutie mark !"
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,359Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    Gouchnox said:

"Hey, I might give it a try ! I've drawn a couple of ponies before, and I know all the theory about drawing... Sure it was really bad, but I'm gonna use examples !"

*a lot of pencil later*

"Oh yeah, just remembered that I suck, so bad at drawing. Well, better try elsewhere for that cutie mark !"

If everyone who sucked at drawing stopped drawing because they suck, we would have no artists. Everyone starts out terrible, but then the magical force of practice comes into play!

You should see my old sketchbooks if you thought what you did was bad... If you enjoy drawing, by all means keep doing it and you will get good!
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

But, you know, art is always about learning and practicing. It took me quite some time and a pretty large amount of pencils and paper to get my ponies to the current level. And they are still not perfect, but I keep it going, because it is awesome to see every pony getting better and better.
    I actually had some trouble today with drawing Lyra, since she's got a manestyle I've never drawn before, but it turned out to be pretty good, and it was pretty fun to draw her mane and tail :3
    Well, I wanted to make a point somewhere in between these lines, but I've lost it somehow... Guess it was something like "Keep drawing if you want, and always notice what you've done well. The mistakes go away after a while"

Edit:
    Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

If everyone who sucked at drawing stopped drawing because they suck, we would have no artists. Everyone starts out terrible, but then the magical force of practice comes into play!

You should see my old sketchbooks if you thought what you did was bad... If you enjoy drawing, by all means keep doing it and you will get good!
    Well, you're a lil bit better with words.
    Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

After like 8 years of my handwriting is still terrible. ("It can't be that bad" 10 seconds later:..."Oh") I will never IRL art.

At least Chaotic's handwriting makes me feel better about mine. It's that bad.
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

Pretty much what he said.
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

After like 8 years of my handwriting is still terrible. ("It can't be that bad" 10 seconds later:..."Oh") I will never IRL art.

My handwriting's terrible, but my art's OK. Why? Because I've practiced. Sure, I can only do one certain style, but that's how almost everyone works!

Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

But.. handwriting =/= drawing ponies.
    Anon9mous said:

Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

I got really into drawing at one point. And practiced so much.
    I took a multitude of classes.
    I read up on theory and used drawing books.
    I talked with professionals.
    I did the exercises every day for 2 years (no joke).
    It's still terrible.

Anon9mous said:

Tellurium said:

Gouchnox said:

*a lot of pencil later*

I got really into drawing at one point. And practiced so much.
    I took a multitude of classes.
    I read up on theory and used drawing books.
    I talked with professionals.
    I did the exercises every day for 2 years (no joke).
    It's still terrible.
    Hm, I actually have some books about drawing, too. They were pretty expensive. I've never read them... Or used them in any way.

The most important point about drawing is to stop saying "Ooh, it's so terrible. That will forever be a sign of my shittyness! Diggy diggy hole, and sitty sitty in it forever!"
    Just draw, and be happy for what you did.
    edited September 2014
    The problem is that I know that. I know that my drawing isn't that bad. I know that you need practice, and I want to draw ponies, so I want to practice. The problem is the perseverance.exe file, it's kind of annoying. perseverance.exe is like, "yup, let's be pissed off, sounds like a good plan". So, at the end, I'm pissed of and I don't want to practice. In a nutshell, I know that I have to practice, I want to practice, but it annoys me. A good metaphor will be a big tasty pasta plate, that runs away from you each time you try to reach it. You want it, but wanting it pisses you off. So, at the end, you shut the "wanting.exe" file down, and you just eat the rotten bread next to you.
    Same goes for programming. I like programming. I want to be able to program stuff. Create algorithms, softwares, shiny icons. I took Java programming lessons a mount ago. Programming is hard. I should take the "hard" part as a challenge, because I like math problems with a tricky solution that melts your brain. And here you go, lack of perseverence.exe for no reason, programming pisses me off. I just have to practice, to train myself, to learn. It's easy if you try. But nope.

Damn you brain.
    Gouchnox said:

The problem is that I know that. I know that my drawing isn't that bad. I know that you need practice, and I want to draw ponies, so I want to practice. The problem is the perseverance.exe file, it's kind of annoying. perseverance.exe is like, "yup, let's be pissed off, sounds like a good plan". So, at the end, I'm pissed of and I don't want to practice. In a nutshell, I know that I have to practice, I want to practice, but it annoys me. A good metaphor will be a big tasty pasta plate, that runs away from you each time you try to reach it. You want it, but wanting it pisses you off. So, at the end, you shut the "wanting.exe" file down, and you just eat the rotten bread next to you.
    Same goes for programming. I like programming. I want to be able to program stuff. Create algorithms, softwares, shiny icons. I took Java programming lessons a mount ago. Programming is hard. I should take the "hard" part as a challenge, because I like math problems with a tricky solution that melts your brain. And here you go, lack of perseverence.exe for no reason, programming pisses me off. I just have to practice, to train myself, to learn. It's easy if you try. But nope.

Damn you brain.

Well, I actually know that. And I can't exactly say why and how I lost that. Just keep looking for the things you've done well. Force yourself to notice the good things. It somehow is like practicing, too. It will become a habit some day.
    Have a look at my first pony:

It's pretty weird, but I don't dislike it for that. It was my first step, and I have it pinned to my wall along with the newer ponies.
    Just try to be proud of yourself sometimes, it is no crime.
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,359Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    edited September 2014
    Gouchnox said:

The problem is that I know that. I know that you need practice, and I want to draw ponies, so I want to practice. The problem is the perseverance.exe file, it's kind of annoying. I know that my drawing isn't that bad, I know that I kneed/want to practice. But hey, perseverance.exe is like, "yup, let's be pissed off, sounds like a good plan". So, at the end, I'm pissed of and I don't want to practice. In a nutshell, I know that I have to practice, I want to practice, but it annoys me. A good metaphor will be a big tasty pasta plate, that runs away from you each time you try to reach it. You want it, but wanting it pisses you off. So, at the end, you shut the "wanting.exe" file down, and you just eat the rotten bread next to you.

Damn you brain.

I have some of this too. I have problems with practicing constantly, because I always want to make it into something good and not just doodle. I think Wall Destroyer was a good outlet for this, because I got to draw a whole lot of stuff and have it actually go to something.

I think my difference is that when I finish something, I think "It sucks, but I'm getting better" instead of "It sucks, I should give up". If you don't enjoy drawing, maybe it's not for you. Of course, there are times when I don't enjoy it, like when I keep redrawing something and it doesn't look right, or when I have to draw something I don't want to (hands). But I also really want to do it, so I crank up the music and charge through. I also love to see the finished product, despite the ever-present nitpicks. I usually think something along the lines of "Damn. I made that. I'm so cool" before moving onto "Okay it kinda sucks I need to get better".

There might be a good lesson in here, but I'm mostly just rambling. Hopefully I managed to say something useful.

Edit: DB is a ninja. I need to type faster.
    DasBloody said:

That only happens if I find the result of the equation. Because you can't choose what to be proud of.
    edited September 2014
    DasBloody said:

Gouchnox said:

Damn you brain.

Well, I actually know that. And I can't exactly say why and how I lost that. Just keep looking for the things you've done well. Force yourself to notice the good things. It somehow is like practicing, too. It will become a habit some day.

It's pretty weird, but I don't dislike it for that. It was my first step, and I have it pinned to my wall along with the newer ponies.
    You make me feel terrible.
    That first drawing is better than literally everything I've ever drawn.
  • PerfectionPerfection Posts: 2,745Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    TRAIN-PONY HYBRID!
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
    DasBloody said:

Just keep looking for the things you've done well. Force yourself to notice the good things.

"Only the best is good enough". Because.... science !
    edited September 2014
    Gouchnox said:

DasBloody said:

That only happens if I find the result of the equation. Because you can't choose what to be proud of.
    That is, in fact, simply not true. You have a free will. You can choose what to be proud of.
    Gouchnox said:

DasBloody said:

Just keep looking for the things you've done well. Force yourself to notice the good things.

"Only the best is good enough". Because.... science !
    Heh, I tend to be a perfectionist myself, but I might've trained my brain to see more things to be perfect than before.
    Today, I thought the Lyra was almost perfect. I didn't notice that her front legs are a lil bit too short. I noticed that like 5 hours after I finished the pencil work.

DasBloody said:

Gouchnox said:

Damn you brain.

You make me feel terrible.
    That first drawing is better than literally everything I've ever drawn.
    I'm pretty sure that's not true :3

Btw, what happened to my thread? I wanna draw ponies here :/
    DasBloody said:

That is, in fact, simply not true. You have a free will. You can choose what to be proud of.

Me→Brain:
    "Sure, the legs are really bad, the mane is hiding the eyes, and that tail is ugly, but at least, it looks like something !"
    Brain→Me:
    "Yeah, but like you said, there's too much errors ! Too many things that aren't right !"
    Me→Brain:
    "Yeah... I guess you're right..." ~asdf movie

TRAIN-PONY HYBRID!

Second. I wanna see this :P
    Tellurium said:

TRAIN-PONY HYBRID!

Second. I wanna see this :P
    Ye, that will be... weird. I'm going to try that, but I don't give out promises on that one :3

So many requests, I guess I'm doing a sketches-only day tomorrow. Colouring is sooo time consuming, and I don't want to lose my brain-pictures for some of those requests :3
  • Chaotic_NeutralChaotic_Neutral Posts: 3,446Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I has Derpy dressed up as a Cheeseburger plz?

+1
    +Juan+JuanJuan
    As much as you want to pretend, self-awareness is not a get-out-of autism free card.

"HEY, THAT'S PRETTY GOOD"
    -EDUPS
    [insert tilde here]
    edited September 2014
    Edited OP to show current queue and progress.
    I actually didn't expect that many requests. Please be patient, your requests will be done, but as mentioned, it could take some time :3

Edit: I'm trying to get used to inkscape currently, it's slightly... weird.
    Finally, it's done!

Yay, it's beautiful! Added to my profile pic folder :3

And posted two minutes after the WD update... it was even closer than I thought!
    DasBloody said:

Finally, it's done!

Ok, that looks like official artwork. Nice job! 10/10
    Anon9mous said:

DasBloody said:

Finally, it's done!

Not quite, I slightly simplified the cutiemark. But mabe I update that to fit the original one :3
    DasBloody said:

Anon9mous said:

DasBloody said:

Finally, it's done!

Not quite, I slightly simplified the cutiemark. But mabe I update that to fit the original one :3
    Ah well! It'd be nice if you could put all of your request art pieces that are done into the OP, in spoilers so that it doesn't take up a crapton of room.
  • Chaotic_NeutralChaotic_Neutral Posts: 3,446Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    DasBloody said:

Finally, it's done!

Wow, that's insanely good!
    As much as you want to pretend, self-awareness is not a get-out-of autism free card.

"HEY, THAT'S PRETTY GOOD"
    -EDUPS
    [insert tilde here]
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Posts: 12,680Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    DasBloody said:

Finally, it's done!

wow. thats awesome.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?