Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

what will you put in your permanent upgrades slots?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• JinglefruitJinglefruit Posts: 121Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I'm thinking octillion fingers (or any newer ones added) will be good to start with.
    And the golden cookies appear twice as often - cause the first 15-22 mins of a reset is always a chore.
    And/Or Santa's Dominion.

Though we don't know what new things will be added (global cookie modifiers anyone?)
    And ofc Glow-in-the-dark.
  • OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming we're limited to 3
    • KMs
    • The best global multiplier
    • The first prism doubler I get my hands on
  • FreezepondFreezepond Posts: 118Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    1. Highest cursor multiplier
    2. Glow-in-the-dark for prisms
    3. Kitten Managers
    4. Oh cool, auto-format. I didn't put that 4 there.
    Stats as of Saturday, August 23, 2014.

All time golden cookie clicks: 25,641.
    Cookies baked (all time): 15.15 septillion.
    Milk: 620%
    Heavenly chips: 5.034 million.

I'm in the Septillion Club!
  • ImStylinOnYaBroImStylinOnYaBro Posts: 398Member ✭✭
    good call on golden cookies twice as often. for me i will have GITD, santas domination, highest cursor multiplyer, gc appear twice as often, and idk what else. curious to see the new upgrades that might fit in a slot well.
  • LauraLaura Posts: 3,253Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    the first i'll put will be "egg", a good thing to start with in my opinion
  • FatChicken18FatChicken18 Posts: 1,172Member ✭✭✭
    If there's 3:

1. KM
    2. Omelette
    3. The best 'Fingers' upgrade (octillion fingers, nonillion fingers, etc).
    There's no braining involved - Gouchnox
    Please reads the OP - Gardevoir
    Odin said:

the first i'll put will be "egg", a good thing to start with in my opinion

Admittably "egg" is a nice starter update if you don't have many HCs.
  • CoronisCoronis Posts: 94Member ✭✭
    There are 5, btw.
  • StintheBeastStintheBeast Posts: 1,868Member, Cool ✭✭✭
    I have no idea. Do you think there will be a way to change them, like swap them out? Or do you get to pick 5 and be stuck with them the whole damn time.
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    ferra said:

You'll probably be able to freely swap 'em around. Orteil probably wouldn't make people have the ability to permanently screw up their whole game.

*Accidentaly puts in Elder Covenant* Fuuuuuuuuuuu‼‼‼

ferra said:

You'll probably be able to freely swap 'em around. Orteil probably wouldn't make people have the ability to permanently screw up their whole game.

lol, we're gonna discover so many bugs so fast. You know there's gonna be at least 42 things that are broken.
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies

ferra said:

lol, we're gonna discover so many bugs so fast. You know there's gonna be at least 42 things that are broken.
    Yup.
  • CalamityCalamity Posts: 15,094Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitten Managers
    Compete with others to become the strongest of all! (Forum Game)
  • Starwulf99Starwulf99 Posts: 229Member ✭✭
    Cookie said:

Kitten Managers

Yeah, Definitely Kitten Managers, Glow in the Dark, the 200th AC upgrade, and both of the Golden Cookies appear twice as often ones so I can get my first cookie within 2 minutes instead of 7-8 >< Those upgrades seem like the most powerful over-all, allowing a person to have Bicent stats without actually hitting BiCent. Will cut a lot of time off of restarts and getting back to your max cookies per second.
    I like how we're getting some solid strategies down before the beta is even out. #Addicted
    I buy stuff

• ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod

Cookie said:

Kitten Managers

Yeah, Definitely Kitten Managers, Glow in the Dark, the 200th AC upgrade, and both of the Golden Cookies appear twice as often ones so I can get my first cookie within 2 minutes instead of 7-8 >< Those upgrades seem like the most powerful over-all, allowing a person to have Bicent stats without actually hitting BiCent. Will cut a lot of time off of restarts and getting back to your max cookies per second.
    Well, you'll need to get to new bicent first. And the old bicent stats will become trivial thanks to new buildings.

Depending on what's possible, I'll probably do Omelette, both GC speedup upgrades, One Mind/Persistent Memory and whatever the highest power upgrade I can grab in a run.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • Starwulf99Starwulf99 Posts: 229Member ✭✭
    Shylight said:

Cookie said:

Kitten Managers

Well, you'll need to get to new bicent first. And the old bicent stats will become trivial thanks to new buildings.

Depending on what's possible, I'll probably do Omelette, both GC speedup upgrades, One Mind/Persistent Memory and whatever the highest power upgrade I can grab in a run.
    That's a good point, I keep forgetting that Prisms/ACs/TMs are going to have price upgrades and be considered different buildings for the purpose of Bicent. Still, that will be my permanent upgrades once I reach BiCent again.
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Posts: 4,971Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    If you put Arcane Sugar as one of your permas, can you get all the other research upgrades before Arcane Sugar?
  • lucabondilucabondi Posts: 4Member
    edited August 2014
    - One Mind (Instant wrinklers)
    - Kitten Manager
    - Lucky Day/Serendipity
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Posts: 12,680Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. chocolate egg.
    2. business day.
    3. elder pact.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Posts: 4,971Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    There are in total 5 perma-upgrade slots.
    Lucky day/serendipity isn't too bad, but one mind prevents you getting further than one mind; no exotic nuts.

Mine would be:
    lucky day (that and serendipity gets rid of most of the wait for the first golden cookie)
    serendipity
    glow in the dark (hardest upgrade)
    arcane sugar (getting arcane sugar without communal brainsweep) (surprised no one else has brought arcane sugar up)
    kitten managers / octillion fingers (kitten managers doubles CPS early, octillion fingers gives you a great early game boost)

Some other good choices that could be considered:
    omelette (easy eggs)
    golden goose egg / wrinklerspawn
    nanocosmics
    persistent memory
  • JinglefruitJinglefruit Posts: 121Member ✭✭
    1 - Glow-In-The-Dark
    2 - Nanocosmetics
    3 - Lucky day (which either I missed one or it still makes you wait 7 minutes, so not sure of it's worth)
    4 - One Mind
    5 - Not buying. I'd rather 10 Mil Heavenly cookies than spend a billion HC on a 5th slot when all the upgrades are currently pretty obtainable quickly or hardly do anything anymore.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod

There are in total 5 perma-upgrade slots.
    Lucky day/serendipity isn't too bad, but one mind prevents you getting further than one mind; no exotic nuts.

Now that you mention it… But that is probably a bug.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • bloodyjigsawbloodyjigsaw Posts: 55Member ✭✭

1. chocolate egg.
    2. business day.
    3. elder pact.

1. It is actually possible to put this in, but it's just plain stupid...
    2. You can't put seasons in.
    ---The Reaper of Coockies---
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Posts: 12,680Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭

1. chocolate egg.
    2. business day.
    3. elder pact.

1. It is actually possible to put this in, but it's just plain stupid...
    2. You can't put seasons in.
    damn.
    1. chocolate egg.
    2. elder pact.
    3. sacrificial rolling pins.
    4. communal brainsweep
    5. revoke Elder Covenant
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
  • bloodyjigsawbloodyjigsaw Posts: 55Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    You are trolling, aren't you?
    ---The Reaper of Coockies---
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    Having Octillion fingers is a great way to speed up the start.
  • bibibibi Posts: 31Member
    like everyone :
    1-kitten managers(good boost and expensive)
    2-glow in the dark(because getting it is a pain)
    3-octillion fingers (quick start)

then :
    4-faberge egg (you could not get it for a while)
    5-persistent memory ? (quick wrinklers and by the time you get one mind, you should have cleared most of chrismass to go egg hunting)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47