Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Forum: Version 2.better

OptiOpti Posts: 699Administrator, Game Dev, Server Operator Admin
edited August 2014 in Announcements
Hi everyone, I understand people are getting a little anxious with registration being limited.
To clarify, we're working together with the people at Vanilla Forum for some cool upgrades.

We decided it would be best to keep registration limited untill that's done.
It doesn't have much to do with trolls that were bothering people.

Some of the features you can expect;

Improved search: Search will be tons better and powered by Sphinx.
Better badges: Apart from our regular badges we will get other badges based on reputation.
Reputation: People will be able to show how they feel about posts with a set of buttons, tied to a reputation system.
Peer-based moderation: If a comment gets too many negative reactions it will automatically alert mods.
Better polls: They won't be as broken anymore.
Best of: Posts with a lot of positive reactions will be promoted, and shown under a special page.
Formatting: We're switching from simpleHTML to Markdown.

More stuff is coming your way, this update will be all about giving users more control of their experience on the forum.
Hang in tight!

Update: Maintenance will take place tomorrow August 20 around 2PM CEST.
It's expected to last about 24 hours so we can get most of the stuff done properly.
Badges will be moved over at a later point.

Update 2:05PM: Maintenance will now start as scheduled. Users will not be able to sign in until the maintenance is completed.

Update 1:29AM: Due to some unexpected things we are extending the maintenance for another 24 hours.
Expected uptime is now 2PM (CEST) August 22.

Update August 22 10:43AM: We're finishing up. Forum should open back up between 2PM and 4PM.

Update August 22 1:34PM: Maintenance is finished
Post edited by Opti on

Comments

• Frayu1600Frayu1600 Posts: 4,177Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Everyone has waited for it, finnaly! Thanks!
    Thanks for all your hard work. Someone here appriciates it!
    Steam Profile / Osu! Profile / Newgrounds Profile / YouTube Profile (soon™)
    Location: EU (IT) GMT+1 / Likes: Things / Dislikes: Other Things
    About Myself: Busy, Lazy and Crazy, with a spoonful of honey.
    About Yourself: Interested in reading this. I can't believe it. Mom, get the camera!
    Quotes: "10/10 would create more alts to give more awesomes" -Frey / "I'm too lazy to create a quote" -Frey / "Make the future good by making the present better" -Frey
    (\n3n/)
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,664Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    yay!

P.S. ninja'd

P.S.S i would never get possite reactions :( because of TFU, Thatdude, CG, Burntcookie, and others :(
    mi firnds: karlolin, gouchnox, unhappyicon, 100lol, carmory

"grlagrgrealg" ~Karlolin

• AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,528Member, Friendly, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty nice, I'm glad you found the time to let us know something about this. The worst part was not knowing what is going on, so thanks Opti.
    "Creativity! It's basically just a lot of stealing." ~ Tom Thomas TomSka Ridgewell
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power." ~ King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of heaven)
  • ZyzzyzusZyzzyzus Posts: 4,255Member, Helpful, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need volunteer mods.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • PerfectionPerfection Posts: 2,745Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    I'd be very careful about rep systems. They are definitely a major troll target. Still good to see we're coming along.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
  • iAMminchoiAMmincho Posts: 3,874Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    yay, only some extra mods and it's great
  • Frayu1600Frayu1600 Posts: 4,177Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: Opening a thread to recruit mods is a nice idea.
    Steam Profile / Osu! Profile / Newgrounds Profile / YouTube Profile (soon™)
    Location: EU (IT) GMT+1 / Likes: Things / Dislikes: Other Things
    About Myself: Busy, Lazy and Crazy, with a spoonful of honey.
    About Yourself: Interested in reading this. I can't believe it. Mom, get the camera!
    Quotes: "10/10 would create more alts to give more awesomes" -Frey / "I'm too lazy to create a quote" -Frey / "Make the future good by making the present better" -Frey
    (\n3n/)
  • KarlolinKarlolin Posts: 3,921Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    ermharghered

this is awesome
    In my dream.

I'm the Karlolin.

It's me.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,712Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opti said:

Improved search: Search will be tons better and powered by Sphinx.
    Better badges: Apart from our regular badges we will get other badges based on reputation.
    Reputation: People will be able to show how they feel about posts with a set of buttons, tied to a reputation system.
    Peer-based moderation: If a comment gets too many negative reactions it will automatically alert mods.
    Better polls: They won't be as broken anymore.
    Best of: Posts with a lot of positive reactions will be promoted, and shown under a special page.

Oh man, I'd really love the improved search and better polls!
    The formatting is great too though.
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,392Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    Yay! I agree with DB, not knowing what was going on was the worst part. I'll be very glad about the improved search and polls, I've never been that fond of voting on posts but whatever, at least we'll get registration back!
  • IdleGamesRockIdleGamesRock Posts: 2,853Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Cool! Gonna be awesome.
    Cringey signature that I'll look back on and regret in a few months!
  • IdlerIdler Posts: 3,204Member, Wiener, Double Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Cool. I'm sure, you might want to add some badge in thread Unofficial Forum suggestion to give new badge to user. Thanks. Also after Vanilla Forum is released, move the forum discussion that was created in 2014 and delete this related to 2013, and alert Orteli to update the game frequently, also Debugger to fix frequent problems. I would you like to know more about Vanilla Forums. Also make sure that thread is automatically sticked when you get 25 postive review about discussion. Suggest have it.
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,385Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw crap son this is off the hook dawg so glad this update isn't going to be stale yo
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,360Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭

Does markdown mean:
    [b][/b]

No, it means **text** for bold.
    see here
  • cookiefonstercookiefonster Posts: 1,922Member, Helpful, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    Idler said:

Cool. I'm sure, you might want to add some badge in thread Unofficial Forum suggestion to give new badge to user. Thanks. Also after Vanilla Forum is released, move the forum discussion that was created in 2014 and delete this related to 2013, and alert Orteli to update the game frequently, also Debugger to fix frequent problems. I would you like to know more about Vanilla Forums. Also make sure that thread is automatically sticked when you get 25 postive review about discussion. Suggest have it.

Congratulations on making zilch sense.

• IdlerIdler Posts: 3,204Member, Wiener, Double Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭

Idler said:

That nice! Thanks, _cookieFONSTER_ !
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • KarlolinKarlolin Posts: 3,921Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idler said:

Idler said:

That nice! Thanks, _cookieFONSTER_ !
    Jag fattar noll.

WHAT THE HECK
    In my dream.

I'm the Karlolin.

It's me.
  • LauraLaura Posts: 3,253Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* trolls *cough*
  • YaddladdlYaddladdl Posts: 699Member ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for this, sounds neat
  • MatryoshkaMatryoshka Posts: 1,045Member ✭✭
    Yaddladdl said:

I'm excited for this, sounds neat

i just read "meat" there

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Posts: 1,045Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Opti said:

so basically, REDDIT FORMATTING?

if.markdown=yes,then.user-@AntwN=automatic migraine

• LauraLaura Posts: 3,253Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    AntwN said:

Opti said:

yes, it's kind of ironic Opti said he was not going to make the forum like reddit and then he does this :P
  • ExplodingCamelExplodingCamel Posts: 7,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Odin said:

AntwN said:

Opti said:

yes, it's kind of ironic Opti said he was not going to make the forum like reddit and then he does this :P
    I hate markdown.
    simple Html was better.
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Are the new forums going to be supporting IPV6?
  • YaddladdlYaddladdl Posts: 699Member ✭✭✭

Odin said:

AntwN said:

Opti said:

I hate markdown.
    simple Html was better.
    BB code master race
  • NathansbudNathansbud Posts: 392Member ✭✭
    Yaddladdl said:

Odin said:

AntwN said:

Opti said:

I hate markdown.
    simple Html was better.
    BB code master race
    Hue.

Hue.

BBCode.

Hue.
  • Chaotic_NeutralChaotic_Neutral Posts: 3,403Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opti said:

Formatting: We're switching from simpleHTML to Markdown.t!

[NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO](http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140225092625/sistersgrimm/images/d/d2/NOOOO!.gif)
    "HEY, THAT'S PRETTY GOOD"
    -EDUPS
    [insert tilde here]
  • OptiOpti Posts: 699Administrator, Game Dev, Server Operator Admin
    essiw said:

Are the new forums going to be supporting IPV6?

Yes
  • StintheBeastStintheBeast Posts: 1,868Member, Cool ✭✭✭

Opti said:

Formatting: We're switching from simpleHTML to Markdown.t!

[NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO](http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140225092625/sistersgrimm/images/d/d2/NOOOO!.gif)
    I lol'd for days. CN always makin my day.
    I buy stuff

"911 what is your emerganc... hold on got an Elder Frenzy... "~sounds of frantic clicking - BasketofPuppies
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,664Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    wow guys, cya august 21
    mi firnds: karlolin, gouchnox, unhappyicon, 100lol, carmory

"grlagrgrealg" ~Karlolin