Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Coin Collector 2.0 - 1% Mario, 99% Crazy

Comments

• lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I got that DELTA achievement (actually I'm well on my way to 1e+72 now). As for what you should do, it would help if you described your "game-breaking" bug, it's easier to find where the bug happens if you know what the bug is

The game simply doesn't open. It's been like that for four days and i still didn't found out why it happens.
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • manudude03manudude03 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I'm no expert in IGM, but launching the game says that "trophy" and "winlock" aren't defined. I've had a quick look at the code and on line 494 you have

-unlocks trophy

But nowhere else in the code is trophy even mentioned. As for winlock, there are a lot of things like winlock1, winlock2 etc, but I haven't seen anywhere saying just winlock.
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed, still doesn't open. Srsly? '-'
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • FASTEST_MENNESTFASTEST_MENNEST Member Posts: 183 ✭✭

Should i give up in the game because this topic is already dead?

It's not dead, the people are waiting for an update.
    That guy is doing absolutely nothing-Jerma 2013
  • haagmanhaagman Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    yes, we are out here, waiting patiently. don't give up
    Okay, this should be a very stupid question and more deserved of the Beta part of the forum, but... Am i allowed to have "picture :" spaces without pictures?

That could be the entire stupid problem ;-;

yes, I've seen it used before

Welp, dammit. I did a full analysis of what i made in this version, and this was the only "mistake" present.

So... -.-
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try using a little technique.

A lot of errors will appear in the error log, but nothing game-breaking.
    To see where the mistake was made (approx),
    Remove all clickables and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, remove all buildings and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, remove all upgrades and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, remove all achievements and see if it works.

Don't save the changes to get everything back.

This trick helps you track down the error. If it doesn't work at the end, you made a mistake somewhere else.
  • manudude03manudude03 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if it will help, but I've noticed you have < br> in a few places. The documentation says only < b >, < i >, < u > and < q > are allowed.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

You can try using a little technique.

A lot of errors will appear in the error log, but nothing game-breaking.
    To see where the mistake was made (approx),
    Remove all clickables and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, remove all buildings and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, remove all upgrades and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, remove all achievements and see if it works.

Don't save the changes to get everything back.

This trick helps you track down the error. If it doesn't work at the end, you made a mistake somewhere else.

I know that the bug comes either from the Win upgrades or from the new objectives(it's basically the only thing i did that could harm the game, the rest was a building designed just like the last ones and flavor for the lategame prestige upgrades). I don't think i need to track it down more than that. I looked at the entire thing and didn't see it though.
    It comes from the buildings, more specifically the winLock series. Tracking the problem down.

I don't know if it will help, but I've noticed you have < br> in a few places. The documentation says only < b >, < i >, < u > and < q > are allowed.

There were a few brs here and there before this update.
    Okay, i can't believe that i did that.

*winLock11 stuff -converts winLock10 into nothing
    (Which is a clickable-only line IIRC)

instead of

-gives -1 winLock10 when bought

The game is working now, and in the way intended.

I'm sorry for being so ignorant with my work, i will do everything possible to get 2.0 out ASAP. This kinda turned out to be a patience test in the end, and i'm very happy that everyone is still here, patiently waiting me to solve my problems.

I'm very thankful for all of you... Also, i'm very thankful for abcdcba's tip too, elimination was like the best way to solve my problem.

Please keep patient! ^_^
    I'm kind of on fire today. I did lots of lategame stuff that i can't speak of, but i'm going to leave you with this image.

• apotheosisapotheosis Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    You better hurry. Right now Game Developer is beating you for my highest score (10^70 for Game Developer versus 10^69 for yours but both pale in comparison to the 10^97 I have in AdVenture Capitalist.
    edited September 2014
    [ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE-POST INSTEAD OF EDIT .-.]
    Post edited by lennonluiz0907 on
    edited September 2014

You better hurry. Right now Game Developer is beating you for my highest score (10^70 for Game Developer versus 10^69 for yours but both pale in comparison to the 10^97 I have in AdVenture Capitalist.

Don't worry. I have 10^74 in the Beta, and i didn't even introduce the upgrades to the new buildings yet! I'd say 2.0 is coming in three days, maybe two. I want to make it as big as possible.

EDIT: As of now, the toughest upgrade in the game requires around 10^96 coins(somewhere around 1 untrigintillion coins) to unlock.
    edited September 2014
    Okay, the fact that i have like 2000 1-Ups is slightly bothering me. I'm going to create 10 simple new tiers from 1500 to 2400 buildings. The toughest upgrade is going to be in the low Quadragintillions. They are going to be Ascension-ish, and based on the Win Tiers. I could use all 16 Win tiers, but i stopped at Epsilon because the Zeta Win Matter tier is pretty hard to draw.

So, progress:

10 new tiers for 1-Up with no graphics yet(The others are still in progress)
    two new upgrade strings
    A new building with all upgrades and graphics done, but no achievements as of yet
    New objectives
    Two minor new buildings, both are references
    About 70% of the new upgrades have graphics
    Manual-Clicking synergies have new graphics
    The 1-Up/Gold Flower, Machine/Block and Bank/Yoshi synergies have graphics

Objectives:
    Finishing the graphics, without ANY god-damned WIP in there
    10 new tiers for all buildings
    Maybe a third upgrade string, but it goes without saying that it's probably not happening
    And maybe, just maybe, another building.

edit: Oh! I actually meant 9 tiers, up until 2300 buildings. I miscalculated.
    damn, that sound like a lot. still planing on 3 days?
    edited September 2014
    haagman said:

damn, that sounds like a lot. still planing on 3 days?

FTFY

Anyways, yes. The new upgrades are pretty easy to copy-paste, as very few of them will have full flavor, and the graphics aren't specially hard to do.

The last two ones are very unlikely, but through personal experience i know that a building takes around 3 to 4 hours to do.

I could up it to 4 days, but i'm still planning on 3.

EDIT: I accidentally wrote ascension instead of win in the hacked block upgrades.
    That's why it felt so right... :/

EDIT2: Just busted a 51-character long title. I think i have about all the records by now. Except for game size, since i have around 5900 lines now.
    I just finished the upgrades. Saying that i will finish the update today is very haphazard of me, as it means doing 100 images in like five hours of free time. It's probably being launched tomorrow. Tried to say this as soon as possible.

So... small preview.

Line 4638.: -costs 1.111e+131 coins

The game now has over 6500 lines.
    You should just update without the pictures and put them in later :P

You should just update without the pictures and put them in later :P

...i agree.

BEGIN WIP COPY-PASTING MONTAGE!!!

Nah. I still have a thing left. It's going to be launched in about three hours then.
    Okay, graphics incomplete, but 2.0 has been launched.

Have fun, and whatever. Explaining more about it later. I don't have time.
    Hurray!
    i unlocked "secret" but i dont see it available in upgrades. what's the secret?
    edited September 2014
    Have i ever said that this game now has more lines than WD? (6907 to 6880)

Anyways, now i can talk about the update. I almost got grounded for that one(jk)

Version 2.0 - Attack Of The Win Locks

*NOTHING CAN BEAT THIS GAME'S HIGHEST NUMBER LIMIT NOW(except for the in-development version of Game Developer)
    -Objective System Revamp
    -Two upgrade strings, one for Win Coins and other for IRL Money
    -A building with all upgrades, but no achievements as of yet
    -9 new upgrade tiers, and 3 new synergy tiers
    -2 other buildings, they are references
    The redacted thing that happens when you get 10 ascensions is nothing as of now BTW, sorry for disappointing.

-Secret?
    -Clicking lategame is now officially useless.
    -More prestige. Yeah, that was the secret thing i was doing before publishing. :P

I'm starting to do the graphics now. I'm sorry if the game looks messed up.

edit: HOLY SHIT. Secret is fixed now. It was supposed to only appear once after you beat the main game(Princess Peach) and disappear until you do so in the next reset, giving an achievement. I didn't program it disappearing or the achievement. (Since it multiplies all of your main resources by 105%, that was a problem.)
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loaded stylesheet.
    Loading custom stylesheet at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=x2skhJic...
    Parsed.
    Failed to parse 2 lines
    Line 5710 : *starCoin43
    Line 5729 : *starCoin43
    Error : the element named "wingame8" was not found.
    Error : the element named "yoshioins" was not found.
    Error : the element named "winachieve" was not found.
    Error : there is already an element with the identifier "starCoin43". You cannot have two elements with the same identifier.
    Error : there is already an element with the identifier "starCoin43". You cannot have two elements with the same identifier.
    Loaded game. Parsing...
    Launching.
    Loading game at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Z0Njrpkv...
    Idle Game Maker is currently in super-early alpha.